1995 Jeep Wrangler

Based on 295 Ratings for the 1992 - 1995 models.

7.5/10

My first Jeep

By on Tuesday, March 29, 2011

"I bought this vehicle in January of 2009. Other than some diamond plating...this Jeep was totally stock. I have added these repairs and upgrades: 3" lift, new tires/wheels (10.5, 31" All Terrain with Mickey Thompson wheels), new shocks, new clutch, replaced skid plate, new seats, new steering wheel, sound wedges, new center locking console, new belt, new muffler/rear exhaust, replaced u-joint, replaced stock header with stainless-steel header Other than the notorious rust problems these vehicles generally have...as mine does...this Wrangler is my daily driver and has never left me stranded. I get around 22 mpg on the highway and around 17 in town with the bullet-proof in-line 6 cylinder 4.0 L engine with 5 sp manual transmission. I'd like to eventually sell this Wrangler and upgrade to a newer one with a coil suspension as the ride is very rough...but just indicative of the leaf-spring suspensions that the '87's - 95's got from the factory."

Dependable

By on Friday, December 31, 2010

"I have owned this Jeep for 10 years and I just recently put the third set of tires and a set of rubicon wheels on it with new brakes and a tune up. Other than changing the oil it has required nothing until now and I feel I just rebuilt it and its ready for another 250 thousand miles. Never been stuck and it is what it is A JEEP and nothing beats it, best vehicle I have ever owned and the most fun!"

Gotta Love It

By on Saturday, April 3, 2010

"Jeeps are unique. Fun, practical and economical. My Jeep has held together great and makes me look forward to my drive every day. They hold their value and are a great investment."

91 Wrangler, Ridiculous Vehicle

By on Friday, October 16, 2009

"It has been in the family for 7 years now. I bought it from my dad 2 years ago, and is the funnest car ever!!! Doesnt matter if there is a foot of snow on the ground, or 100 degrees, its a perfect fit. The soft top is loud sometimes, and the ride is rough, but that is what makes a jeep a jeep! The inline 6 has plenty of Trq, but i wouldnt recommend the 4 cylinder. Mechanically, the thing runs to perfection and is a beast!"

best vehicle EVER!

By on Wednesday, September 9, 2009

"I have owned a lot of vehicle from sports cars to 4x4. this jeep by far is my favorite and is #1 in performance, comfort, and reliability. It is also amazingly fun and can handle any season from 90 degrees to a foot of snow !IT IS THE BOSS!"

Jeep Wrangler roccks

By on Monday, May 4, 2009

"I love my jeep. I have owned it almost three years. It has ZERO power and acceleration but with good tires, it will go almost anywhere. I took it off roading w/ BFG All-terians 30-9.50's and even with small tires, it still would work up steep inclines! 4wd saved me several times in the snow! Great car, just not very practical for an everyday car or making long drives. 2.5 hours in it seemed like 5 hours in a normal car!!! I think EVERYONE needs to experience owning a jeep at some point or another in their life!!!"

bought 'er new

By on Monday, March 23, 2009

"Whenever you buy a vehicle you hope your not making a mistake. I ordered my '92 and have put close to 150k miles over varied terrain. Its been the most durable and reliable vehicle I've owned and thats important if you go places that are hard to get out of. The only major change I made to it was to replace the 35 with a 44 after 100k miles. Of course lifting and up-sizing tires were necessary and I put on exhaust/header system. 17 yrs and going strong:)"

great rig

By on Tuesday, February 24, 2009

"while i dont own one (yet) i have driven a couple. my aunt owned one that was a 4cyl auto and that thing was good on gas and it impressed me when taking it off road. trying to go up a narrow hill with inbankments on both sides i caught a rock that took me off my path and sent me into a dirt wall. all it did is put a wrinkle in the fender which we straightend back out and you couldnt tell at all. yesterday i took a stock tj 6cyl manual off road and that impressed me more when it went through a mud pit that was about 4feet deep and steep to get out of but it did it when a silverado with 6inch lift with 36inch tires couldnt... to add insult to injury we did have to pull him out of the mud. it didnt come without some damage that night on a well beaten trail we hit a good rock and messed something up in the front end but it still walked out on its own and continued to take the abuse. the only down side to them is the road noise and the comfort. not much room in the back seat and it will catch ruts and bounce around alot. do your self a favor and buy one, you wont regret it. im getting mine tomorrow."

Best Vehicle Ever Built

By on Monday, December 15, 2008

"I ordered this from the factory in 1994. Chromed it out and have loved it all this time. Just spent $600 on radiator & hoses, but aside from scheduled service, this is the first repar. 104,000 miles, nearing the third set of tires soon and maybe need a gasket here or there, but at 14 years old, one would expect that. Put CD in place of cassette (hardtop isn't too noisey). Have soft top too and loved when I took them off. It is impossible for one person to do take hardtop off without a pulley system in garage. The ride is bumpy to passengers (even with auto trans), but not to me, although it was at first. Could have bought newer one, but I like being bounced around and don't like the interior "car" look of the new ones. I seriously think it will outlast me and I doubt I will ever part with it. Look forward to putting an antique tag on it when it turns 20!"

Reliable

By on Thursday, November 27, 2008

"I got my jeep a year and a half ago and now have 150k, The kbb value is the same, The parts are dirt cheap and it's the easiest car in the world to fix, not the smoothest ride. I have the 4.0 high output and have gotten ove 100 many times, it is quick, great car for all seasons"