1994 Jeep Wrangler

Based on 297 Ratings for the 1992 - 1995 models.

7.5/10

By on Saturday, August 25, 2007

Its gunna be a bumpy ride

By on Thursday, August 16, 2007

"Car works wonderful. Looks stylish. Never had any major problems with it. Runs well. Bumpy but what jeep isnt."

By on Saturday, August 4, 2007

"I bought my 93 last year just before turning 44. It had 181,000 miles on it and ran great. Still does. In spite of the ride, it's my "get-away" from the stress of work. I'll take it out in the morning and it clears my head for the day. I recommend it to everyone. If you ain't shiftin', it ain't a Jeep!!! :)"

awsome when well equipt

By on Friday, July 27, 2007

"Withthe right combo of off road items this will run circles around ANY hummer out there. I never had seen a hummer climb a wall."

Love my Jeep!

By on Wednesday, July 25, 2007

"Coming from a family and friend base of "Jeepers", had to have my own. Used it daily for many years and now just once in awhile. Love it! I bragged so much that family friends, who have had several Jeeps, went out and bought one just like it and love it too! Just wish I could get more use out of it and more off road time. The gas mileage is almost as good as my Hondas and it handles a 16' trailer nicely. My only complaints have been crummy door locks, not so good on ice & no one wants to sit in the back."

fun to drive

By on Sunday, July 22, 2007

"its fun to drive. owning one opens options. however it is not great on gas. makes a great weekend car."

Great little jeep for desert driving

By on Friday, July 20, 2007

"We have owned this jeep since it was new and only had one problem with it and that was having to replace the fuel filter. We have used it off road extensively but very carefully. We do not believe in rough treatment of any of our vehicles. Unfortunately my husband's health forces us to by home-bound so we're selling it. It has 37000 actual miles on it. I marked comfort low because it is a jeep and has large tires so it is not a quiet ride!"

What A COOOOL Jeep

By on Thursday, July 19, 2007

"I have owned this vehicle since 1990. (SEVENTEEN YEARS NOW!!!) Currently has 175000 miles. Resealed the transfer case...THAT IS IT!!! Same moter-Trans-and internal parts in transfer case. Nothing big ever changed. Everything has had Amsoil in it since I have owned it. Wish I would have bought three of them when new and just parked them for later use!!!"

By on Tuesday, July 17, 2007

"This jeep has worked great as a daily driver for the last 10 years."

Reliable

By on Saturday, July 14, 2007

"This jeep is practical and very reliable. i use it as a daily driver but if i need it to take me down a dirt road to a lake or over ice covered streets during the winter, it'll get me there. jeeps are extremely fun-especially during the summer. the "jeep wave" is pretty cool too."

Just bought, ready to sell

By on Thursday, July 12, 2007

"Just bought, ready to sell.....not for me."

Great Jeep

By on Monday, October 26, 2009

"I've had my Jeep Wrangler Rio Grande for eight years. I took the 31" tires off it soon as I got it and put the stock treads back on. I added a 9000lb winch and a Sure-Pull rear hitch. It has the 2.5 four banger with the manual 5 speed. With the proper tackle I've rescued two ditched suburbans and one Trooper laying on it's side in a creek. Off road adventure is not about horse power but gearing. The Army M-151A1 "Jeeps", before the HUMMER, all had 4 cylinder engines carried four GIs and yanked a quarter ton trailer. I love my Wrangler and will never sell it. If you take care of them, they will take you where you want to go and bring you back. It's a shame they have ruined the Jeep since 2007."

92 YJ, best car i've owned

By on Tuesday, May 17, 2011

"I bought mine from a private party who took good care of it. A little unusual noise in the engine but have never had a problem with it and has never broken down on me. 15 MPG, so that's not very good with rising gas prices. The Wrangler can have a soft top or a hard top and its easy to install both yourself. Can also have full door, half, or tube doors. It's a very customizable car and the aftermarket parts are very good value. If you want a dependable vehicle, go with a Wrangler. You won't go wrong with ur money."

Nothing better than "my" Jeep

By on Sunday, January 6, 2013

Pros: "Turning, Reliability, Endurance, Torque, FunFactor"

Cons: "Topend Speed, Noise"

"4wd, no a/c (do not need it), standard trans, 4 cyl. A lot of torque, slow at the top end speed. Turn radius is outstanding. Can pull a stuck tractor out of the middle of a forest (trust me, I've done it). I purchased her new in 1995. On Jan 1, 2013 she had 180,000 miles w/ 1x rear end, 1x exhaust system, 2x alternators, 1x water pump, 3x batteries and a few tune ups. Oh, and 3 radios (it's what happens when you get them soking wet). I'll never sell it. When the engine goes, I'm just going to put a V8 in her. If for some reason she gets totaled. Well then, I'll have to buy a new one, but until then I'll just fix whatever goes wrong with her (and so far, it hasn't been much)."

Good for price

By on Thursday, April 5, 2012

Pros: "Great as a off road truck, perfect for budget"

Cons: "aerodynamic as a brick. slow 4 cyl"

"This was the first Jeep I owned and I love it. It has some problems but it is from 1995 with 150000 miles on it. Runs great and has had no problems offroad. Good for budget minded off roaders. Cheap to lift too. Slow 4cyl. Big tires with a 4 cylinder is a bad idea. If you can buy a inline 6, if you can't don't plan on much highway driving. don't think the inline 4 gets better mileage."

Reliable

By on Saturday, November 22, 2008

"I purchased my '92 Wrangler used about 11 years ago. I have put 132,000 miles on it, for a total of 153,000 miles. To date, I have only had to replace the battery and the water pump. The water pump was easy to replace and only cost about $30. While replacing the water pump I replaced the water hoses and radiator. I chose to replace the radiator because the tabs holding on the tank were beginning to corrode. The radiator cost $190. I have been very happy with my Jeep and plan to keep it for many years to come. I would recommend this vehical because it is reliable, very easy to work on, and the parts are reasonably priced."

Jeep

By on Friday, February 17, 2012

"We just bought a 1990 Jeep Wrangler.. Got a really good deal on it. I bought it for my husband as a gift. It is perfect for him to fish and hunt and just be a man in!! he loves it and i am glad we bought it!!"

Love my Jeep!!

By on Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive, get noticed, great during the summer"

Cons: "Winter a bit chilly, top tears, zippers break"

"In 1998 I bought my first Jeep!!! I did not realize how much I would actually love it!! Now 14 years and I still have my Jeep!!! It is amazing... It has had very few problems and my mechanic does not see me much... Except when he sees me on the road going somewhere... Over the years I've had many people tell me they want to buy my Jeep.... I say, It's not for sale... The only thing that could part me from my Jeep is if it gets totaled in an accident... It's fun to drive and sure to get you noticed... I rate it as a perfect score... Out of all the vehicles I've owned, the Jeep is the best and my favorite!!!"

unstoppable legend

By on Tuesday, January 22, 2008

"I purchased my '87 wrangler in '03 as my first car. I paid $3,400 for it with 170k miles. It came with a 2.5L 4-cylinder engine, 3" lift, 33" off-road tires, and both hard and soft tops. So far I have put over $3,000 back into it, about half of that was mandatory to keep it working. The rest was to upgrade it. At 178k the engine blew and had to be replaced. I couldn't afford to upgrade from the 4-cylinder so I had to drop the same back in. With the 33" tires, it doesn't go very fast, 55mph max. I have gone through 2 starters, a new battery, burnt up 2 power steering pumps, broke a slip yoke, replaced back leaf springs, clutch master cylinder, and have broken many U-joints. Since there are no drain holes in the frame it is vulnerable to rust. I have had work done on it to repair weak spots. It is one of my daily drivers and I take it off-road about once a week when it's warm. There are endless things you can do with jeeps to customize them! Everyone's is different. I have added a rock crawling bumper, an 8,000 pound winch, skid plates, auxillery lights, CB radio, a new soft top, took out my carpet and hurculined the floor for easy clean up. Older jeeps are built like a rock. I hit a car broadside doing 35 and drove away with only a bent fender and bumper both of which just pulled back out. Anything I put it through, it can handle. Its simple design makes it easy for repairs. Most can be done by yourself with a little help from a repair manual. They're great for a daily driver, fun for toppless cruising, getting through bad weather, and legendary for off-roading. I love my Jeep and will never get rid of it."

Tough & Simple

By on Monday, November 17, 2008

"I have ownned my 94 Wrangler for three years. I bought it used with 120,000 miles on it and have put another 14,000 on it. 2.5l 4cyl, 5 speed. Never once gave me any problems. Easy to service and maintain. Pull my 15 foot fiberglass fishing boat or snowmobile trailer very well. At first I thought I would buy a 6 cyl but after ownning this 4 cyl I would buy another. 20 mpg highway. It is the most fun vehicle I have ever ownned and being in my 50's I have owned a lot of vehicles."

most fun you can have

By on Wednesday, September 17, 2008

"I have only owned my 93 yj for 3 months, but I can tell you that this is the best vehicle that I have ever owned. It is not by any means a fast or comfortable truck. But if you want something that can go anywhere and do anything this is the best purchase around. I have owned numerous vehicles and I will say that I will take this anyday over all the others. The good, Always get looks from people, Nothing like taking the top off and driving around on a sunny day. (don't forget the sunblock). Great to take to the icecream palor with the family. The Bad, Not very comfortable, (it is a jeep). Not great speed (Once again this is a jeep). But it is a all around great vehicle to drive. I would tell any one to go out a get themselves a jeep."

Great Cheap 4x4 - Solid Jeep

By on Thursday, December 8, 2011

Reason: Bought newer Wrangler

Pros: "lower cost, offroad capable, upgrades, top(s)"

Cons: "rust, previous owners, not fast fast fast...lol"

Jeep vs. Snow = you win.

"Traded a Civic for the 94 Wrangler. Lifted it (suspension, not body) and put 31's under it. Daily drove it until I bought a TJ. The 2.5L motor is reliable as a stone yet underpowered for this chassis. Highway driving is ok at 55 but freeways and big hills at speed are a challenge. Regearing can work wonders. Still, at low speeds and offroad it proves it's worth. Transmission with the 4cyl is the venerable AX5, kinda weak, 5th gear is commonly not working thanks to a poorly designed C clip, not expensive to fix but a pain in the butt. 5th is basically an overdrive anyway so cruising in 4th is comfortable...no worries. Generally the manual is better than the automatic. 4cyl w/ auto trans is the slowest, weakest, most dogged, least reliable setup you can buy for YJ's. YJ's with the 4.0L and AX15 are optimal. Much more tolerable, powerful, and reliable. Swaps are very common for 350 V8's, 4.0L, stroker motors, etc. Interior is always spartan but very functional, usable. Rather cold with the soft top/half doors. Add a rollbar curtain to keep the heat by the front seats. Hard top/doors really helps keep you warm. If you are expecting anything other than a Jeep in terms of ride/comfort/etc, go buy another type of vehicle. This era Wrangler is almost totally utilitarian. I loved mine. Dana 30 and 35 axles are good for up to 33" tires. Beyond that, consider D44's. Things to look out for: rust holes in frame (esp rear shackle mount), rust on body, bent/damaged axles, shoddy modifications, excessive offroad abuse/neglect. Ladies love Wranglers. Just FYI...gents."

Jeep vs. Snow = you win.

unmatched

By on Friday, April 18, 2008

"I have jeeps all my life after owning jeeps there are no substitutes for it's off road capibilitys. never meating nother jeep stranger after buying a wrangler or cj it's like buying into a family with a long history. a bit of history on my personal yj Wrangler I've ownened it for 9 years and racking up 279,675 miles 2 tuneups and changing the oil every 3000 miles have not replaced not 1 part on the engine."

It is a JEEP. A wonderfully fun and exiting rig.

By on Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Pros: "ITS A FOUR WHEELED HARLEY DAVIDSON! FUN, FUN, FUN,"

Cons: "NONE. . .ITS A JEEP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

"YOU CAN HAVE MY JEEP WHEN YOU CAN PRY IT FROM MY COLD DEAD HANDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

BEST CAR IVE EVER OWNED

By on Saturday, June 30, 2012

Pros: "Top Comes off, easy to work on,lots of aftermarket"

Cons: "Not very comfy, loud, kinda slow"

"Ive had my Jeep YJ for about 3 months now and i love it, the top comes off, its easy to work on and fun to drive. I will never get stuck. the bad thing is is that it is somewhat loud inside the cab and doesn't have very many creature comforts. I still love it and will be driving wranglers for the rest of my life. There is a very big community of jeepers. Its a jeep thing! Don't forget to wave if you buy one!"