ZIP code

1993 Jeep Wrangler

Based on 297 Ratings for the 1992 - 1995 models.

7.5/10

Dependable Jeep

By on Tuesday, February 19, 2008

"Very happy with my small utilities before family grew and they had to go. Got 110k on '95 and 120k on '87. Purchased new in '95 and had a few assembly issues (cracked injector line, heater fan bearing, defog relay, oil leak) but got all fixed. Mostly hiway miles in northwest, southwest, and Hawaii. Replaced tires at 65k, muffler/ converter at 85k, fan belt at 85k, and brakes at 100k. Nothing else needed but alignments, rotations, fluids and filters. Had similar luck with '87 (also hiway miles) (replaced belts and water pump at 105k). Can attest that, taken car of, the '87-'95 models CAN (not WILL) get at least 120-140k miles before requiring significant repairs. Kept track of both after sold and they continued to serve well (although '87 started requiring more significant repairs around 140k). Chrysler/ Jeep made significant improvements in transmission, engine, and brakes '93-95 likely best bets for the square-headlight models."

Rough Rider

By on Friday, November 12, 2010

"I have had a 1995 Jeep Wrangler for only a matter of months, but there are some things that I can say for certain. The first is that you should not buy an older jeep wrangler if you are looking for a smooth, quiet, comfortable ride. The vehicle has leaf springs in the front and back so you feel every bump in the road and there is little to no sound proofing so it can be quite noisy. While the wrangler is a less than ideal on-road vehicle and impractical for use as a commuter car (gets roughly 16mpg city, 19mpg highway) it is definitely a lot of fun to take off-road and is a blast with the top down in the summer. It is also quite useful in the snow if you are from New England like I am or if you live in the snowy Mid-west. The bottom line is that you should not buy a 1995 Wrangler as a primary vehicle since it can be uncomfortable to ride in and gets poor gas mileage, but it makes a great secondary vehicle for weekend fun."

off road fun

By on Friday, August 3, 2007

"I've owned my 1990 wrangler since 2001 and I love it! I've had offers to buy it, and people trying to sell me other jeeps, but I plan to drive mine till it stops. I used it for a daily driver for 5 yrs. but I now I have a small car (saves on gas) to rack up the miles, and drive the Jeep when I want to have fun, or in bad weather. I sometimes call it the "Tank" because it just doesn't stop! If you are looking for a quiet, smooth ride, with lots of room, you might be dissapointed. But if cargo space is not an issue, you like the wind in your hair, strangers waiving at you, and giving other drivers on the trail a complex, then you need to try a jeep. At first glance they all look the same, but if you are in the market for one, just remember they have lots of options and upgrates. So shop around and drive more than one, so you get exactly what you want. Then you might drive your's to it's grave too!"

BEEP BEEP

By on Tuesday, May 10, 2011

"Amazing vehicle, and at the age it is at, parts are easy to find, and it's still old enough to be easy to work on. On a sunny day it is a pleasure to drive, and on a rainy one it's a driving experience. While the Jeep is not a practical vehicle, I would not trade it for anything. It's fun to drive, and at 191,000 miles, it couldn't be more reliable."

By on Tuesday, May 12, 2009

"I've had my '95 for 9 years now. It has been the best vehicle I've ever owned. No major mechanical problems at all, just normal wear. I've flipped it on its side and it barely had a scratch. It is NOT for someone who's looking for a comfortable ride or a quiet interior."