2010 Jeep Patriot

8.1

Based on 475 Ratings for the 2007 - 2017 models.

fix windshield

By on Monday, January 6, 2014

Pros: "much more comfortable than a car"

Cons: "windshield is too shallow"

"Very comfortable ride. Reliable and easy to use. 4wd is a snap. Like radio controls on steering wheel although it's easy to change stations by accident when taking a corner. Only real complaint is windshield. It doesn't go up high enough to see traffic signals. I'm always leaning forward in an awkward manner to see when light turns green."

Jeep Patriot (our family vehicle)

By on Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Pros: "5* crash, 4x4 for winter, off road for hunting."

"I purchased the 2009 Jeep Patriot because it had a 4 wheel drive option and 5* crash test rating, when my wife was pregnant. Picking the medium size also was good for fuel economy. I take it hunting and use the off road / 4x4 then and my wife uses it in the winter with our kids (5) and (2)."

I love it

By on Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Pros: "Fun jeep,Great on gas, we do a lot of traveling"

"Everything I wanted at a great price.I have been driving this jeep for 3 years now."

Constant problems

By on Tuesday, June 25, 2013

"I leased this car when it came out in 2008 and ended up buying in 2011. Ever since I bought this car, it has been in the shop every other month with problems. The most frequent problem I have is that the shift gets stuck in park. No matter how hard I press my foot on the brake I can't go into reverse or drive. The dealer claims to fix it as a problem w/ the sensor only for it to happen again a few weeks later. Also, it has failed to start sometimes, my dealership claiming it needed "computer updates". On top of this, I had problems with the driver door falling out of place and having to crawl out of the passenger side until they could fix this door. The only positives are good gas mileage and I'm able to get around in the winter time."

Great car!

By on Saturday, December 22, 2012

Pros: "great in snow, roomy, 30mpg, comfortable. reliable"

Cons: "no compass, exterior temp, mileage indicator"

"Great car!"

Capable 4 wheel drive vehicle

By on Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Pros: "Good price, great traction and capability"

Cons: "Not the most refined SUV."

"I have the 4 wheel drive Sport model. The winter of 09-10 was one of the worst on record, I felt safer having my 2 teenage daughters driving this vehicle. It's not real refined and the mileage/size of gas tank aren't the greatest. But I would buy another one. I got a great deal on this with Cash for Clunkers and Chryslers incentives. Would do it again in a heartbeat."

Chrysler continues to satisfy!

By on Sunday, January 22, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive, excellent value, 4x4, sirius"

"I was very upset the day it came time to part with my trusty 2008 Dodge Durango that reliably carried my family over 84000 trouble free miles. With gas mileage under 15 mpg it had to go. We had a Compass as a rental when our Chrysler Pacifica was in the body shop, we fell in love with it. We like the styling of the Patriot better than the compass. We LOVE the Patriot! Our Grandson that's over 6 ft tall has no issues in it at all. The heated seats and remote start are wonderful, we are averaging 26 mpg in very cold weather. It goes like a tank in the snow! I have owned Chrysler products for years and never have been let down by any of them. This patriot converted a Ford lover to a Chrysler fanatic! I have had no problems so far with it, it's a perfect vehicle for anyone. I don't find the 4 cylinder underpowered at all, and I came from a v8 Durango."

This has been a great car.

By on Saturday, January 21, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive."

Cons: "Could use more power."

"This has been a great car. It has an automatic transmission that takes some getting used to - it doesn't have "gears" or "speeds" but instead has some sort of variable speed. The advantage is that there is absolutely no way that it could ever have "gear slap" (that clunking or surging as it shifts). The disadvantage is that it feels like it is slipping and not giving you full power sometimes."

it is the best vehicle i have owned

By on Friday, January 13, 2012

Pros: "comfortable on long drives, auto trans. is smooth"

Cons: "more 12v plug ins"

"went from a big truck to the jeep, with over 70,000 miles it has only been to the shop for oil changes. It does great in the snow and has lots of power for a 4cyl. Car has never let us down."

2008 Jeep Patriot- great entry level 4WD SUV 25MPG

By on Friday, January 6, 2012

Pros: "great price, AWD, 17" wheels, good size cargo area"

Cons: "14 gallon tank, no heated mirrors."

"The best Entry SUV. I say this because the list price was $22,500, purchased it for 20,500. Plus it has auto. trans, 4WD, power/door locks/windows/mirrors and steering, AC, AM/FM/CD, input jack for IPad or MP3, standard electrical outlet, heated seats, power sun roof, roof rack, dual visor mirrors, cruise control, split rear seats, 17" aluminum wheels. Its cargo area is wide and squared at the top, SUV is solid and rugged. 2.4L 4 cyl. engine gets 25MPG combined. Not a powerhouse, but gets the job done. Handles well off road."

Perfect for me!

By on Saturday, December 17, 2011

Pros: "cheap 4x4. good gas mileage. great suv all around"

Cons: "cargo likes to slide in the back. rear lighting."

"4x4 and good gas mileage. getting about 22 around town and 26 on the highway. the 4x4 is easy to use not that i have had to use it yet. Good amount of storage for its size... keeping in mind it is a smaller suv. Drives nice and is small enough to fit almost anywhere. LOVE THE HEATED SEATS!!! Got to get them. Never thought I would use them but now I don't know how I drove with out them. Has good leg room front and back. My husband is 6'2" and he fits in it well."

I own this car and love it!

By on Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Cons: "Seats are not very comfortable for long rides."

"I brought my 2007 Patriot brand new and have owned it for 4 years now. I have had no major issues with it other than regular maintainance with tires, brakes and struts. It perfectly suits my needs, having a toddler and carrying around all of her strollers and toys. I reccommend this car to anyone!"

Works for Me!

By on Thursday, October 6, 2011

Pros: "Mileage, style, comfort"

Cons: "2.0 L a little sluggish"

"Bought the 2011 Sport FWD with the 2.0L and CVT. Also have several options (6 CD changer, UConnect, Sirrus, Heated mirrors, etc). I have a Nissan with a CVT and loved it. This CVT is every bit as good. It will take getting used to but it grows on you. The 2.0 is a little sluggish, but nothing that takes away from the vehicle. Currently getting about 28 mpg as most of my driving is highway. I was somewhat surprised that people complained about the road noise as mine is extremely quiet and very comfortable. Interior had an upgrade from the 2010 and is much nicer than the 2010s I looked at. There are minimal changes in the 2012. The main reason I bought the Patriot was the exterior looks (and gas mileage). I had a 1999 Cherokee for 7 years and 170,000 miles with no problems at all. The Patriot looks a lot like the Cherokee and if I'm lucky, will get the same results as I has with it Overall very happy with the Patriot."

Good Value

By on Tuesday, April 19, 2011

"This is my sixth Jeep and have had no problems with the vehicle. This jeep gets the best gas mileage of all the jeeps that I have owned so far. I wish that it had taller final gear ratio for better highway mileage. Overall, it does all things very well and has been a nice balance of power, gas mileage, and interior room to haul gear to my cabin. I purchased this vehicle for better gas mileage and the unlimited powertrain warranty."

Best Decision I've made

By on Tuesday, March 15, 2011

"Like everything I researched long and hard for just the right vehicle for my family. I needed something affordable, but rugged. I would have never guessed that my next vehicle would be a Jeep. Where I live requires a good amount of 4 wheeling during the winter months. The Patriot impressed me immediately. Apparently my neighbors also, within a month of seeing me cruise on through the snow and mud while they walked, low and behold a new Patriot now sits in their driveway. I enjoy the style and love the way it handles the road, during good and bad weather. The Downhill descent has even been a life saver literally. The remote start and heated seats are just a kicker to what is already the best vehicle I have ever owned."

Nice for the price

By on Wednesday, March 9, 2011

"We have owned the 2009 Patriot for about a year and a half, now. I am satisfied with the fuel mileage (usually at least 21 mpg) and the reliability. Our Patriot has about 36000 miles on it and so far, our only repair has been that one of the valve stems broke off - not a big deal. The interior is reasonably comfortable and looks nice. It is roomy enough for the large car seats for the kiddos in the backseat and the cargo area is spacious. The biggest con is that I HATE the CVT. It shifts awkwardly when accelerating and sometimes when decelerating. Aside from that my only other complaint is that the road noise comes right through to the interior. Overall, I enjoy the Jeep alot, but if I was purchasing again I would choose a manual transmission."

Not too bad

By on Sunday, February 20, 2011

"Not too bad for the price i paid, we'll see how they lifetime warrenty will hold up. There are some problems, that should be fixed by jeep, namely the wheel bearings and the lower control arms. There are aftermarket solutions if you do your homework. Great gas mileage for the style! Not too bad of a vechical overall."

Eh, soso...

By on Tuesday, February 8, 2011

"Value - Horrible resale value. Reliability - Had to have transmission replaced @ 5k miles, engine mounts @ 10k, and numerous weatherproofing strips put back in place. Thankfully under warranty. Quality - See reliability. Shouldn't have so many problems with new car. Performance - Very adequate for a 2.4, lots of torque/power, so hang onto the wheel (FWD) if turning while taking off in a hurry or it will turn YOU. If you go more than 2/3rds and don't get around someone you're doing something wrong. However, gas mileage goes WAY down in cruise control on freeway, especially over 65. Styling - Not bad. Comfort - Seats and consoles are well designed and heated, but there is WAY too much noise to be made from such a smaller SUV with those tires. Overall - Car drives well and is comfortable, but the bad outways the good. Doesn't do you any good worrying if it's going to fall apart on you. I would not buy this car again and am only forced to at this time due to the amount of mileage I put on it over the course of the lease."

By on Monday, January 31, 2011

"Love this Jeep for what I got it for which is driving to go snowboarding without putting chains on. It handles excellent in the snow and gets gets good enough gas milage that I can drive it to work every day. I just moved from Cali to FL and pulled a trailer with my Harley on the it all the way and did not have one issue. Great Jeep for the Price!!"

Not recommended

By on Wednesday, December 8, 2010

"I personally would not recommend this car to anyone - except an enemy. I have had several issues with this vehicle both cosmetic and maintenance issues. The leather seats began to crack almost immediately, the suspension went out / broke after 50K, and it has less power then I expected for a small SUV. At a cost of 22K-New; I would have to say this is the most disapointing purchase I have made. I'd stear clear of this vehicle."

LOVE my 2007 Jeep Patriot

By on Friday, October 22, 2010

"I absolutely love my Patriot. It has all the conveniences of a Jeep but with a cheaper price tag and better gas mileage. I keep taking not of the newer Patriots, and though they have some nice updates, they still don't beat my 2007. The biggest plus for me - no carpet in the cargo area! I have 3 dogs who shed lots and carpet in the cargo area has no chance. I'm not really sure why any SUV, especially a Jeep, would put carpet in the cargo area anyway...but the newer Patriots have it. Not sure if its optional and you can get it without, if so, that would make it better. The one thing my 2007 does not have that I wish it did is an iPod/Aux input. I hate those iPod tuners - they never really sound good - but when i looked into the after-factory aux connector it had bad reviews. Perhaps by the time my 2007 dies, Jeep will have a new Patriot without cargo carpet and with an iPod connector."

excellent!!

By on Friday, October 8, 2010

"Ive only owned this vehicle about a month, but i love it! I had been shopping around for a mid-sized SUV for about 7 months, I was just about to buy a chevy equinox when the dealer I bought my current 2005 chevy malibu from and told me about a commander he just got in and wanted me to look at, I went and before I ever got to the commander I saw my black patriot and feel in love! The look is so sleek and it drives so nice, I have a 2yr old son and it the interior is great and easy to clean,plus the stain resisntant seats are great for a family with small children. I live in the midwest and Im sure it will do great in the snow,, very happy!"

Great Vehicle

By on Friday, October 1, 2010

"I have loved our Jeep Patriot from the day we bought it. Great vehicle."

Safe!

By on Friday, October 1, 2010

"I was just in an accident where a kid ran a stop sign, causing me to T-bone his '00 ford 1500, i walked away from the accident but I flipped his truck in the middle of the intersection, he was on his roof, had to be removed. A bump on my knee and a brush on my shoulder from the seat belt. I thank my seatbelt and quick reaction of my air bag. This jeep was well built with great safety features. Thank you Mopar!"

By on Saturday, August 14, 2010