2010 Jeep Patriot

8.1

Based on 474 Ratings for the 2007 - 2017 models.

LOVE it

By on Monday, November 5, 2007

"this has been the best vehicle ever!!! Great on gas very comfy!! great price on the car for all the up grades that you can get with it which in other SUV would cost 2 to3 thousand more!! love the look!! love the drive it is so quite and its neat how you cant even feel the gears change its just an awesome SUV!!! would definitely recommend it to any one who is looking for a SUV!!!"

Perfect!

By on Tuesday, July 24, 2007

"The only problem I have had with mine was that there was a very, very minor leak in the sunroof. Other then that - it's been wonderful! It's my first self-bought vehicle! i couldn't be happier."

Dependable and economical, but bad warranty

By on Friday, June 2, 2017

Pros: "Dependable and Economical"

Cons: "Poor Warranty from Dealer and Chrystler"

"I love this cheap Jeep, but will never buy another Chrysler product again, because they do not stand behind their warranty. When rodents chewed through my horn wire, they charged me 150.00 dollars to fix it. They said it was not under the warranty. Also, the tire sensor comes on if you just get stones in the tire treads. I had General Motors cars and trucks before this Jeep and never had a problem with the warranties."

Great budget CUV

By on Friday, January 22, 2016

Pros: "Reliable and stable daily driver"

Cons: "side to side driver leg rm tight, windows fog up"

"I bought this new. This vehicle is a mountain goat in the wintertime. It's fun to drive and when I first got it I would take it out for long drives just to enjoy being in it. I've had no maintenance problems. I have the 4x4 2.4 l engine, 5 spd manual sport version and added the tow hitch, tow hooks, oil cooler myself to make it more capable. Fuel economy is better than advertised, I can easily get 30 - 31 MPH on highways and 28 - 29 on the expressway. City driving gets down to 22 - 25. Acceleration in 5th gear is good for passing. The Patriot corners well and has a tight turning radius, I can get into parking spaces that other smaller vehicles can't without stopping and backing. It has room for four adults and some baggage. The back seats fold down, both or just one of them and then you'll have room for three and lots of baggage. It's limited in towing ability so don't get this expecting to haul heavy trailers around, 2,000 lbs is the limit. I'm 6'4" and have plenty of head room and leg room but side to side gets a bit tight after several hours. The windows fog or frost up on the inside and it does sometimes take a considerable amount of time to warm up enough to clear them with the blowers. At below zero temps though you'll probably want to let it warm up anyhow. All in all it's a god vehicle."

Good for work commute

By on Wednesday, July 8, 2015

"Easy for trips, to small for kids ,and constant issues with the ac condenser"

30,000 miles & one small shop visit

By on Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Pros: "great snow small SUV, room for 4 and 2 dogs"

Cons: "Not much wish I had leather seats & ipod dock"

"I have had one small problem with a rubber bushing in the back left, tires needed to be replaced at 28,000. Just using the FWD not engaging the 4WD is enough for 90% of snow driving. Good fuel avg 23 MPG. Drove 3000 miles in one trip last year avg 25 MPG with a loaded Jeep."

Best Vehicle on the Road!!!

By on Sunday, November 17, 2013

Pros: "Comfortable, rides well, mileage, spacious, snow"

Cons: "NONE!"

"I recomend this vehicle to anyone. From the frugal commuter who needs decent mileage while having off-road capabilities, to the family with a dog and two kids to the single guy wanting a fully loaded model to impress chicks without the high gas / sticker price / insurance cost of a Grand Cherokee ( this was me!) Buy it and enjoy on a long road trip, daily commute, in the mountains or a trip to the mall and enjoy!"

Good value- great vehicle

By on Thursday, November 14, 2013

Pros: "Great Value for the money & fun to drive"

Cons: "towing capacit is 1,000 lbs"

"I've owned this vehicle for 2 yrs and love it. It is fun to drive and has plenty of power to tow my 14 ft Lund fishing boat with 20 hp outboard. I avg 25 mpg while driving it. The vehicle looks sporty and is fun to take camping & tailgating. This Jeep is reliable and the dealer (svc mgr) always ask about it when I bring it in for an oil change. Since Jeep will stop making the Patriot in 2014 - my next Jeep will be the Cherokee."

Rides and handles nicely

By on Saturday, September 1, 2012

Pros: "Rides nicely, handles well."

Cons: "Bluetooth doesn't work as well as I would expect."

"I actually have not needed the 4wd yet, but trust that it will handle as well as the Grand Cherokee I had some years ago. This Patriot has a great radio and a multi-cd changer. Bluetooth sometimes is scratchy and both Jeep and my cell provider has tried to correct it on a permanent basis. The a/c (live in Vegas..this is a big deal here) is wonderful. Mileage is decent except when I run the a/c..that is expected. Nice paint job and looks good. It turns quite well. It stops nicely. Considering the price, it is a good value."

Reliable and sufficient

By on Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Pros: "Gas mileage 27mpg average city and highway."

Cons: "Suspension components"

"Good vehicle for the money. I drive alot for work (35k a year) The only real issues I have had are the suspension parts don't last because they aren't greasable but all new vehicles are like that now. Only other issue was that the alternator went out at 130k but to be expected. What I wasn't expecting was a $550. bill to do it. The brakes lasted 120k. Right now I am fighting an alignment problem that neither Jeep or a private shop can figure out which causes the rear tires to wear prematurely which is getting annoying. I think it might be time to trade it in on a new one."