2010 Jeep Patriot

8.1

Based on 475 Ratings for the 2007 - 2017 models.

The Cheaper Jeep

By on Monday, February 8, 2016

Reason: Trade in for Wrangler

Pros: "Cheap price tag for a Jeep, Great family car"

Cons: "Bad resale value, not the best quality"

"Jeep is well known for off road capabilities and overall the patriot will do the job off road. I recently traded in my patriot for a wrangler. I liked driving my patriot and only had a complaint about the quality of certain things in the car such as the weather molding coming undone after 6 months. Little things like the radio would randomly act up and cause minor headaches. Although I generally liked my patriot the most alarming thing is how horribly these patriots hold their value. Upon wanting to trade I was told my Jeep had depreciated over $9,000 and had to trade in with negative equity. They had over 20 patriots on the lot and only 2 wranglers. Simply put I think if you can afford a little higher payment it is worth investing in a wrangler. The resale value stays extremely strong for wranglers and I personally just love owning a wrangler! Although the patriot makes a great family car for a cheaper initial price tag."

Great vehicle for the price

By on Sunday, November 27, 2011

"My wife had a Jeep Liberty and we were looking for something that got better fuel mileage but still 4wd. The jeep patriot is still just as roomy and fun to drive. I would recommend this vehicle to family of 4 and anyone who lives in a winter climate."

Low Cost Transportation

By on Sunday, January 30, 2011

"I bought this vehicle strickly on price when they were giving them away in 2008 for $14,200 and a $500 gas card. It is the base 4WD model with 5 speed manual transmission. It came with a lifetime drivetrain warranty. No trips to the dealer for service in the first 3 yrs. Gets great mileage, 23/24mpg overall average, 20 mpg in the dead of winter and 30mpg on a highway trip. Goes like a tank in snow. Not the classiest SUV on the road but the most economical."

very good suv

By on Friday, March 21, 2008

"I have owned this car for about 6 months and have read all the reviews but my jeep gets no less than 26 and has gotten 30 mpg. It is an automatic 4WD and I really like it."

Great buy, would highly recommend!

By on Sunday, July 8, 2012

Pros: "gas efficient, low price, fun to drive"

Cons: "noisy engine, interior needs upgrade"

"I recently traded in my 2007 Jeep Compass for this 2012 Patriot I've nicknamed "Boss." What I love most about this Jeep is that it's fun to drive, great on gas, and very functional. I've used it for hauling and moving and the rear folding seats and spacious cargo area were perfect. The engine can be a little loud but the pick up for a small suv with a 4 cylinder engine couldn't be better. And once it gets up to speed this vehicle really goes. The interior could use a little bit more of an upgrade as it really isn't much different than my old Jeep but for the price I paid I can't complain. This is one of the lowest priced suvs you can buy brand new. Overall, I would and have definitely recommended this car to anyone looking for benefits of an suv with the affordability of a car and the reliability of a Jeep."