2009 Jeep Patriot

8.1

Based on 472 Ratings for the 2007 - 2017 models.

I Love It

By on Thursday, January 26, 2012

Pros: "Fun, Reliable, most fuel efficient Jeep"

Cons: "Smallest Jeep engine, there are some blind spots"

"My Patriot has a few options like the sunroof, larger aluminum wheels, satellite radio and manual transmission, which altogether makes it the funnest and most comfortable vehicle I've ever owned. The cargo room is amazing. I wish that it would accelerate a bit faster on the highway, and that it would get better gas mileage; but at 20-28mpg it's not bad. The computerized ultra-sensitive traction system and my manual transmission make winter driving easier although I have a 2WD model."

Low Cost Transportation

By on Sunday, January 30, 2011

"I bought this vehicle strickly on price when they were giving them away in 2008 for $14,200 and a $500 gas card. It is the base 4WD model with 5 speed manual transmission. It came with a lifetime drivetrain warranty. No trips to the dealer for service in the first 3 yrs. Gets great mileage, 23/24mpg overall average, 20 mpg in the dead of winter and 30mpg on a highway trip. Goes like a tank in snow. Not the classiest SUV on the road but the most economical."

2009 limited. Good for the price.

By on Monday, December 6, 2010

"If you like a compact crossover and classic Jeep styling, you'll love the exterior as i do. The limited is worth the extra $ in my mind, nice comfortable heated leather seats, touch screen/sirius/nav, power sunroof, great audio system. Once you get used to the CVT transmission you will like it, plenty of power for a 4cyl. One major problem and why i gave it a 3 for quality is the leaking issues. Mine has leaked from the front and rear domelights, and this is a known problem with 07-10 Patriots. If they can fix that it's a no brainer to get this in the compact class. Another minor gripe for me is the small gas tank, 13.5 gal. Simply too small. While i get good gas mileage (25-21), it feels like i'm always at the tank. Should have a 16.5 + gallon tank like most others in it's class."

Good Quality Ride

By on Friday, July 31, 2009

"I love my Jeep Patriot. It's a good quality ride with good gas mileage. It has the 4-wheel drive if I need it and not the 4-wheel drive ride. I would reccommend the Jeep Patriot to anyone..."

good value

By on Wednesday, July 8, 2009

"09 Limited (have had it about 3 weeks). Seems to be a tight, well put together car. Auto trans (6) is great, Will be real handy. Have a bit over 1000 miles and am getting about 24 Hwy (maybe will get better when broken in). Leather seats are fine, appointments seem really good. Drives and rides really quiet, and seens great, with adiquit power. First time with sunroof and killer stero, but I like it, though a bit costly. Dealer tinted the front window's for us,,, turned out good. CON... No 12 volt continous outlet (really stupid), No trailer wire at rear (equaly stupid), No standard roof rack cross overs (After hard negotation the dealer included them)!! Paid a bit over $19,000 and feel its a OK deal. Lifetime powertrain warantee, and I bought the Optional Max liftime bumper to bumper warantee ($1575.00) I think these are both really great but it only covers the origional buyer, cannot be transfered AT ALL. All in all, a pretty solid car..."