2009 Jeep Patriot

8.1

Based on 475 Ratings for the 2007 - 2017 models.

Dependable and economical, but bad warranty

By on Friday, June 2, 2017

Pros: "Dependable and Economical"

Cons: "Poor Warranty from Dealer and Chrystler"

"I love this cheap Jeep, but will never buy another Chrysler product again, because they do not stand behind their warranty. When rodents chewed through my horn wire, they charged me 150.00 dollars to fix it. They said it was not under the warranty. Also, the tire sensor comes on if you just get stones in the tire treads. I had General Motors cars and trucks before this Jeep and never had a problem with the warranties."

Great budget CUV

By on Friday, January 22, 2016

Pros: "Reliable and stable daily driver"

Cons: "side to side driver leg rm tight, windows fog up"

"I bought this new. This vehicle is a mountain goat in the wintertime. It's fun to drive and when I first got it I would take it out for long drives just to enjoy being in it. I've had no maintenance problems. I have the 4x4 2.4 l engine, 5 spd manual sport version and added the tow hitch, tow hooks, oil cooler myself to make it more capable. Fuel economy is better than advertised, I can easily get 30 - 31 MPH on highways and 28 - 29 on the expressway. City driving gets down to 22 - 25. Acceleration in 5th gear is good for passing. The Patriot corners well and has a tight turning radius, I can get into parking spaces that other smaller vehicles can't without stopping and backing. It has room for four adults and some baggage. The back seats fold down, both or just one of them and then you'll have room for three and lots of baggage. It's limited in towing ability so don't get this expecting to haul heavy trailers around, 2,000 lbs is the limit. I'm 6'4" and have plenty of head room and leg room but side to side gets a bit tight after several hours. The windows fog or frost up on the inside and it does sometimes take a considerable amount of time to warm up enough to clear them with the blowers. At below zero temps though you'll probably want to let it warm up anyhow. All in all it's a god vehicle."

Good for work commute

By on Wednesday, July 8, 2015

"Easy for trips, to small for kids ,and constant issues with the ac condenser"

30,000 miles & one small shop visit

By on Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Pros: "great snow small SUV, room for 4 and 2 dogs"

Cons: "Not much wish I had leather seats & ipod dock"

"I have had one small problem with a rubber bushing in the back left, tires needed to be replaced at 28,000. Just using the FWD not engaging the 4WD is enough for 90% of snow driving. Good fuel avg 23 MPG. Drove 3000 miles in one trip last year avg 25 MPG with a loaded Jeep."

Best Vehicle on the Road!!!

By on Sunday, November 17, 2013

Pros: "Comfortable, rides well, mileage, spacious, snow"

Cons: "NONE!"

"I recomend this vehicle to anyone. From the frugal commuter who needs decent mileage while having off-road capabilities, to the family with a dog and two kids to the single guy wanting a fully loaded model to impress chicks without the high gas / sticker price / insurance cost of a Grand Cherokee ( this was me!) Buy it and enjoy on a long road trip, daily commute, in the mountains or a trip to the mall and enjoy!"

Good value- great vehicle

By on Thursday, November 14, 2013

Pros: "Great Value for the money & fun to drive"

Cons: "towing capacit is 1,000 lbs"

"I've owned this vehicle for 2 yrs and love it. It is fun to drive and has plenty of power to tow my 14 ft Lund fishing boat with 20 hp outboard. I avg 25 mpg while driving it. The vehicle looks sporty and is fun to take camping & tailgating. This Jeep is reliable and the dealer (svc mgr) always ask about it when I bring it in for an oil change. Since Jeep will stop making the Patriot in 2014 - my next Jeep will be the Cherokee."

Rides and handles nicely

By on Saturday, September 1, 2012

Pros: "Rides nicely, handles well."

Cons: "Bluetooth doesn't work as well as I would expect."

"I actually have not needed the 4wd yet, but trust that it will handle as well as the Grand Cherokee I had some years ago. This Patriot has a great radio and a multi-cd changer. Bluetooth sometimes is scratchy and both Jeep and my cell provider has tried to correct it on a permanent basis. The a/c (live in Vegas..this is a big deal here) is wonderful. Mileage is decent except when I run the a/c..that is expected. Nice paint job and looks good. It turns quite well. It stops nicely. Considering the price, it is a good value."

Reliable and sufficient

By on Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Pros: "Gas mileage 27mpg average city and highway."

Cons: "Suspension components"

"Good vehicle for the money. I drive alot for work (35k a year) The only real issues I have had are the suspension parts don't last because they aren't greasable but all new vehicles are like that now. Only other issue was that the alternator went out at 130k but to be expected. What I wasn't expecting was a $550. bill to do it. The brakes lasted 120k. Right now I am fighting an alignment problem that neither Jeep or a private shop can figure out which causes the rear tires to wear prematurely which is getting annoying. I think it might be time to trade it in on a new one."

Great value for price, best car I've owned!

By on Saturday, January 21, 2012

Pros: "fun to drive, reliable, comfortable"

Cons: "limited fuel range"

"I only have two complaints about this car: (1) the fuel range is limited (only like a 13 gallon tank), so if you drive a lot, you'll be filling up the tank a lot; (2) no sunroof in mine! But seriously, this car has been amazing for me. It can manage any weather thrown at it, and it handles the Wisconsin weather beautifully. I feel safe in it, too. It's well-built, extremely comfortable, and it's big enough to throw my bike in the back with just one of the back seats flipped down. There feels like tons of room in the front and rear seats, also, so much so that my 6ft tall husband can be just as comfortable anywhere in the car as me at 5'4. On top of all that, I get around 25-26 mpg consistently, which is the best of any SUV you can buy at this price point, and better than most SUVs, period. There are lots of complaints about the transmission in it, but it doesn't bother me one bit. It seems to only bother people who are really serious car people, like my husband, but even he loves my car in spite of it. When accelerating, sometimes the transmission revs loudly and can sound like a diesel engine, but once it gets to the gear it needs to be in, it's actually quite quiet. Overall, I have a lot of fun driving my car, and I plan on driving it for as long as I can. It's the best purchase I've made in a long time, and I've never had buyer's remorse over it. I love my car a whole lot, and I think it's a great option for people who need a reliable, fuel-efficient SUV at a price point that won't break the bank."

LOVE THIS CAR

By on Saturday, November 26, 2011

Pros: "Great highway drive! Feels safe, but still fun!"

Cons: "Is not luxurious in anyway"

"I have owned my Jeep Patriot for a year now. Bought '08 when it had 22k miles and not have approx 35k. It has the black sparkling paint that shines in the sun. The car drives amazing, has had NO problems whatsoever! The car is one of the safest SUVs you could buy as well as receives great gas mileage for an SUV. (19-22 per gallon is my usual) I'm not sure why someone would complain that it is heavy... of course it is heavy... it's an SUV. The heaviness makes it incredibly safe. I don't want a super light car that will collapse in a collision or will flip over when going around a sharp corner. And as far as the transmission... This car has very good pick up. My boyfriend drives it much different then I do and loves to 'floor it' as he gets on the highway. I had a Jetta turbo before this... very similar in getup! The car has so much room inside. The seats are comfortable and made of fabric that is super easy to clean! the floor mats are plastic and so easy to take out and hose down! I love having my dog ride with me in the car, and I don't have time to scrub it down all the time! It's so convenient! If you want a luxury sports car, don't expect it from a Patriot. But haven driven a Laredo compared to my Patriot, I would pick the Patriot any day. The patriot has a much tighter steering while the Laredo I felt so unsafe on the highway, the Patriot feels extremely comfortable and the wind doesn't phase the car! (HEAVINESS!!!!) I love this car, it's a great buy for the money. It's unique and not everyone is driving one (at least not yet) so I can still find it in the parking lot! My dad was very iffy about buying an SUV and he said over and over again we're just going to look... We bought it on the spot that day.. it was too good of a car to pass up! we loved it right then! Let me tell you... my mom was not pleased, but even she loves the car!"