2009 Jeep Patriot

8.1

Based on 471 Ratings for the 2007 - 2017 models.

Good for work commute

By on Wednesday, July 8, 2015

"Easy for trips, to small for kids ,and constant issues with the ac condenser"

30,000 miles & one small shop visit

By on Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Pros: "great snow small SUV, room for 4 and 2 dogs"

Cons: "Not much wish I had leather seats & ipod dock"

"I have had one small problem with a rubber bushing in the back left, tires needed to be replaced at 28,000. Just using the FWD not engaging the 4WD is enough for 90% of snow driving. Good fuel avg 23 MPG. Drove 3000 miles in one trip last year avg 25 MPG with a loaded Jeep."

Best Vehicle on the Road!!!

By on Sunday, November 17, 2013

Pros: "Comfortable, rides well, mileage, spacious, snow"

Cons: "NONE!"

"I recomend this vehicle to anyone. From the frugal commuter who needs decent mileage while having off-road capabilities, to the family with a dog and two kids to the single guy wanting a fully loaded model to impress chicks without the high gas / sticker price / insurance cost of a Grand Cherokee ( this was me!) Buy it and enjoy on a long road trip, daily commute, in the mountains or a trip to the mall and enjoy!"

Good value- great vehicle

By on Thursday, November 14, 2013

Pros: "Great Value for the money & fun to drive"

Cons: "towing capacit is 1,000 lbs"

"I've owned this vehicle for 2 yrs and love it. It is fun to drive and has plenty of power to tow my 14 ft Lund fishing boat with 20 hp outboard. I avg 25 mpg while driving it. The vehicle looks sporty and is fun to take camping & tailgating. This Jeep is reliable and the dealer (svc mgr) always ask about it when I bring it in for an oil change. Since Jeep will stop making the Patriot in 2014 - my next Jeep will be the Cherokee."

Rides and handles nicely

By on Saturday, September 1, 2012

Pros: "Rides nicely, handles well."

Cons: "Bluetooth doesn't work as well as I would expect."

"I actually have not needed the 4wd yet, but trust that it will handle as well as the Grand Cherokee I had some years ago. This Patriot has a great radio and a multi-cd changer. Bluetooth sometimes is scratchy and both Jeep and my cell provider has tried to correct it on a permanent basis. The a/c (live in Vegas..this is a big deal here) is wonderful. Mileage is decent except when I run the a/c..that is expected. Nice paint job and looks good. It turns quite well. It stops nicely. Considering the price, it is a good value."

Reliable and sufficient

By on Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Pros: "Gas mileage 27mpg average city and highway."

Cons: "Suspension components"

"Good vehicle for the money. I drive alot for work (35k a year) The only real issues I have had are the suspension parts don't last because they aren't greasable but all new vehicles are like that now. Only other issue was that the alternator went out at 130k but to be expected. What I wasn't expecting was a $550. bill to do it. The brakes lasted 120k. Right now I am fighting an alignment problem that neither Jeep or a private shop can figure out which causes the rear tires to wear prematurely which is getting annoying. I think it might be time to trade it in on a new one."

Great value for price, best car I've owned!

By on Saturday, January 21, 2012

Pros: "fun to drive, reliable, comfortable"

Cons: "limited fuel range"

"I only have two complaints about this car: (1) the fuel range is limited (only like a 13 gallon tank), so if you drive a lot, you'll be filling up the tank a lot; (2) no sunroof in mine! But seriously, this car has been amazing for me. It can manage any weather thrown at it, and it handles the Wisconsin weather beautifully. I feel safe in it, too. It's well-built, extremely comfortable, and it's big enough to throw my bike in the back with just one of the back seats flipped down. There feels like tons of room in the front and rear seats, also, so much so that my 6ft tall husband can be just as comfortable anywhere in the car as me at 5'4. On top of all that, I get around 25-26 mpg consistently, which is the best of any SUV you can buy at this price point, and better than most SUVs, period. There are lots of complaints about the transmission in it, but it doesn't bother me one bit. It seems to only bother people who are really serious car people, like my husband, but even he loves my car in spite of it. When accelerating, sometimes the transmission revs loudly and can sound like a diesel engine, but once it gets to the gear it needs to be in, it's actually quite quiet. Overall, I have a lot of fun driving my car, and I plan on driving it for as long as I can. It's the best purchase I've made in a long time, and I've never had buyer's remorse over it. I love my car a whole lot, and I think it's a great option for people who need a reliable, fuel-efficient SUV at a price point that won't break the bank."

LOVE THIS CAR

By on Saturday, November 26, 2011

Pros: "Great highway drive! Feels safe, but still fun!"

Cons: "Is not luxurious in anyway"

"I have owned my Jeep Patriot for a year now. Bought '08 when it had 22k miles and not have approx 35k. It has the black sparkling paint that shines in the sun. The car drives amazing, has had NO problems whatsoever! The car is one of the safest SUVs you could buy as well as receives great gas mileage for an SUV. (19-22 per gallon is my usual) I'm not sure why someone would complain that it is heavy... of course it is heavy... it's an SUV. The heaviness makes it incredibly safe. I don't want a super light car that will collapse in a collision or will flip over when going around a sharp corner. And as far as the transmission... This car has very good pick up. My boyfriend drives it much different then I do and loves to 'floor it' as he gets on the highway. I had a Jetta turbo before this... very similar in getup! The car has so much room inside. The seats are comfortable and made of fabric that is super easy to clean! the floor mats are plastic and so easy to take out and hose down! I love having my dog ride with me in the car, and I don't have time to scrub it down all the time! It's so convenient! If you want a luxury sports car, don't expect it from a Patriot. But haven driven a Laredo compared to my Patriot, I would pick the Patriot any day. The patriot has a much tighter steering while the Laredo I felt so unsafe on the highway, the Patriot feels extremely comfortable and the wind doesn't phase the car! (HEAVINESS!!!!) I love this car, it's a great buy for the money. It's unique and not everyone is driving one (at least not yet) so I can still find it in the parking lot! My dad was very iffy about buying an SUV and he said over and over again we're just going to look... We bought it on the spot that day.. it was too good of a car to pass up! we loved it right then! Let me tell you... my mom was not pleased, but even she loves the car!"

Approach with caution, better with a warranty.

By on Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Pros: "Handy 1 to 2 person vehicle."

Cons: "Expensive repairs require a warranty"

"I have a 2009 Jeep Patriot that I purchased new for my wife's daily driver. The Jeep has been a decent vehicle, but has had two issues that have required warranty work. The transmission started leaking at about 12000 miles and was replaced and the low tire pressure indicator did not work right from the day we bought it and finally required replacing the sensors and a computer to fix. Otherwise, the Jeep has been a reliable car. It gets OK gas mileage. The CVT works much better than ones on older Patriots. The autostick is a nice toy, but not really needed for acceleration. The Jeep is as big as my '96 Villager minivan, but only has room for 4 passengers comfortably and has a very small cargo area. Seems to have a LOT of wasted space. The air intake must be removed to work on the battery, but other servicing is not difficult. The 2.4L is a good engine. It has Sirrius and the tech is very good for the price. The deep footwells are welcome in an SUV. The interior quality is light years ahead of older Patriots. Overall, I would purchase a Jeep Patriot if I could get an extended warranty to cover major repairs, but would be wary otherwise. It is good for a personal use vehicle for 1 or 2 passengers, but gets crowded and overwhelmed in a hurry."

Great SUV!

By on Friday, November 18, 2011

Pros: "Gas mileage, lots of room, quiet ride!"

Cons: "No power locks, or windows...maybe next one! :)"

"This is a great SUV that gets excellent gas mileage. This is my first Jeep and I am very happy with my purchase. I researched a long time (1 year) before buying, so if you just have to get a Jeep and don't want a gas hog, THIS is the Jeep you want!"