ZIP code

2009 Jeep Patriot

8.1

Based on 474 Ratings for the 2007 - 2017 models.

very good suv

By on Friday, March 21, 2008

"I have owned this car for about 6 months and have read all the reviews but my jeep gets no less than 26 and has gotten 30 mpg. It is an automatic 4WD and I really like it."

Great buy, would highly recommend!

By on Sunday, July 8, 2012

Pros: "gas efficient, low price, fun to drive"

Cons: "noisy engine, interior needs upgrade"

"I recently traded in my 2007 Jeep Compass for this 2012 Patriot I've nicknamed "Boss." What I love most about this Jeep is that it's fun to drive, great on gas, and very functional. I've used it for hauling and moving and the rear folding seats and spacious cargo area were perfect. The engine can be a little loud but the pick up for a small suv with a 4 cylinder engine couldn't be better. And once it gets up to speed this vehicle really goes. The interior could use a little bit more of an upgrade as it really isn't much different than my old Jeep but for the price I paid I can't complain. This is one of the lowest priced suvs you can buy brand new. Overall, I would and have definitely recommended this car to anyone looking for benefits of an suv with the affordability of a car and the reliability of a Jeep."

By on Sunday, April 25, 2010

"When I first started looking for a vehicle about 2 years ago because the lease on my Jetta was up I knew I wanted something a little bit bigger. I have some large football playin', burger eatin' buddies who love to squish into my car 4 at a time. I looked all over the place and couldn't find anything under $20k that would have low gas mileage and few miles on the car used. I found the Patriot about 4 days of 8 hour straight searching and had never seen one before. Thought it was perfect before I even stepped in. It looks like the little brother of the Commander! I have taken it on long trips and the head-space and back-seat room leave everyone feeling very comfortable. Great job Jeep!"

Awesome little 4x4

By on Friday, February 10, 2017

Pros: "Awesome, fun to drive, reliable, great gas mileage"

"Originally purchased as a little knock around car for my wife to drive to and from work and for me to have for bad weather. Boy is it good in the ice and snow. Youd have to drive this thing off the road. We had a heck of an ice/snow storm just after we got it last year. Since then we have fallen in love with it. It is simple to operate, reliable, and fun to drive. It is Limited trim and has heated leather seats, climate control, remote start and awesome sound system. It is so good that we never drive her GLK350 that has only 10k on it. This car is plenty comfortable for trips. If you dont like all the touchscreens and menus, this is the car for you."

THE LITTLE SUV THAT COULD

By on Monday, January 24, 2011

"I got my 2009 jeep patriot about 2 months ago and i love it. It runs real good and so far no problems I got it when it had about 47000 miles on it and now has over 50000 miles. It is good in the snow and ice too. The only downfall is that the engine is a 4 cly and not a 6 cly but that is ok. I plan to put a towing package on it soon so I can tow light loads and I do not doubt its ability. Overall its a excellent little suv."