2008 Jeep Patriot

8.1

Based on 474 Ratings for the 2007 - 2017 models.

Solid little car,,, Still looks great

By on Monday, March 20, 2017

Pros: "Low initial cost, good reliability, good Looking"

Cons: "Pretty much ok all the way around"

"We bought it new in 09, Limited addition. Great Red Color,,, and leather interior. Only problem we have had is that the Moon Roof leaked,,, and took it in several times... They tried hard.. but they ended up replacing it last year (At their cost). Pretty good gas mileage @ 23 MPG or so all the time,,, more on the road. I still love the look of the car,,, and it never misses a beat. Great Radio and speakers,,, OK interior.... Paint has held up really well, as we have never kept it in the garage. We bought the lifetime Warrantee when new,,, its a godsend. It was 1500.00 as I remember,,, marked down from the 2700.00 that they wanted at first. As long as we have this car its got almost a bumper to bumper guarantee,,, Its a deal in my mind. So far a really good car,,, not a great car,, but a really good car, and I would buy it again...."

Awesome little 4x4

By on Friday, February 10, 2017

Pros: "Awesome, fun to drive, reliable, great gas mileage"

"Originally purchased as a little knock around car for my wife to drive to and from work and for me to have for bad weather. Boy is it good in the ice and snow. Youd have to drive this thing off the road. We had a heck of an ice/snow storm just after we got it last year. Since then we have fallen in love with it. It is simple to operate, reliable, and fun to drive. It is Limited trim and has heated leather seats, climate control, remote start and awesome sound system. It is so good that we never drive her GLK350 that has only 10k on it. This car is plenty comfortable for trips. If you dont like all the touchscreens and menus, this is the car for you."

I love my Patriot!

By on Saturday, June 13, 2015

Pros: "great price its a JEEP!"

"Bought her a little over a year ago (APR '14) and loving every minute of it. I cant understand why so many expert car reviews bash this little SUV. It does great on gas easy to park plenty of power and still looks brand new! I got the sport (basic) version and the one time I drove it in a snowstorm it did just fine keeping it in second gear with the Autostick. Never got stuck even at red lights."

Great Value with 4WD.

By on Saturday, December 1, 2012

Pros: "Reliable and well built"

Cons: "heavy feeling and slow on the go"

"I have owned this for almost 5 years. This is the only vechile I have ever purchased new. I have the Limited package because I wanted heated seats and the towing package, although I came to realize that a 4 cyl can't really tow too much. I added a big trailer hitch that proabably has hurt my mileage a bit. I can get 22 city , and almost 25 highway if you use the cruise control and keep the speed down. I have found the cargo capacity adaquate for hauling things, if you can fold the seats down. Back seat leg room is average, if the front seats are forward some. I have always had a car seat in the back seat, and the child can see out very nicely. The 4cyl was a little slow on the go when it was new, but after about 12,000 miles it was better. 4WD has been dependable, I traveled through snow and ice covered roads with no issues, but haven't used it alot. The clearance is not too high. Not sure I really needed the 4WD. I have not done any repairs on this, only tires and battery, and regular oil changes. I have loved this vechicle and have waited to trade it in until I had some equity built up on it. My only regret is that I purchases this right before the Chrysler bailout. I probably would not go back to Chrysler just for that reason. But that is a political issue and no bering on this reveiw."

I Love It

By on Thursday, January 26, 2012

Pros: "Fun, Reliable, most fuel efficient Jeep"

Cons: "Smallest Jeep engine, there are some blind spots"

"My Patriot has a few options like the sunroof, larger aluminum wheels, satellite radio and manual transmission, which altogether makes it the funnest and most comfortable vehicle I've ever owned. The cargo room is amazing. I wish that it would accelerate a bit faster on the highway, and that it would get better gas mileage; but at 20-28mpg it's not bad. The computerized ultra-sensitive traction system and my manual transmission make winter driving easier although I have a 2WD model."

2009 limited. Good for the price.

By on Monday, December 6, 2010

"If you like a compact crossover and classic Jeep styling, you'll love the exterior as i do. The limited is worth the extra $ in my mind, nice comfortable heated leather seats, touch screen/sirius/nav, power sunroof, great audio system. Once you get used to the CVT transmission you will like it, plenty of power for a 4cyl. One major problem and why i gave it a 3 for quality is the leaking issues. Mine has leaked from the front and rear domelights, and this is a known problem with 07-10 Patriots. If they can fix that it's a no brainer to get this in the compact class. Another minor gripe for me is the small gas tank, 13.5 gal. Simply too small. While i get good gas mileage (25-21), it feels like i'm always at the tank. Should have a 16.5 + gallon tank like most others in it's class."

Good Quality Ride

By on Friday, July 31, 2009

"I love my Jeep Patriot. It's a good quality ride with good gas mileage. It has the 4-wheel drive if I need it and not the 4-wheel drive ride. I would reccommend the Jeep Patriot to anyone..."

good value

By on Wednesday, July 8, 2009

"09 Limited (have had it about 3 weeks). Seems to be a tight, well put together car. Auto trans (6) is great, Will be real handy. Have a bit over 1000 miles and am getting about 24 Hwy (maybe will get better when broken in). Leather seats are fine, appointments seem really good. Drives and rides really quiet, and seens great, with adiquit power. First time with sunroof and killer stero, but I like it, though a bit costly. Dealer tinted the front window's for us,,, turned out good. CON... No 12 volt continous outlet (really stupid), No trailer wire at rear (equaly stupid), No standard roof rack cross overs (After hard negotation the dealer included them)!! Paid a bit over $19,000 and feel its a OK deal. Lifetime powertrain warantee, and I bought the Optional Max liftime bumper to bumper warantee ($1575.00) I think these are both really great but it only covers the origional buyer, cannot be transfered AT ALL. All in all, a pretty solid car..."

Great Jeep

By on Friday, December 14, 2007

"I have had my Patriot for 6 months now and I really like it. The gas mileage is pretty good I have the 2.4L sport 2wd and I get about 26 mpg on average. I recently drove it down to FL but for that trip I only averaged about 22mpg but I guess that’s not too bad considering that was with 4 adults and luggage traveling at 70mph. I agree with some of the other reviews a larger gas tank would be better. Overall though this is an excellent vehicle and I would highly recommend it to anyone."

Great Vehicle

By on Thursday, November 15, 2007

"This vehicle is great to own, averaged 29.5 mpg driving on a 2000 mile trip on the highway and through mountains. 1 problem however is the tiny gas tank, only has 13 gallon tank, which was the same as my Honda Civic. Only other issue is for the manual version, what is the point of the "ipod/mp3" holder on the center armrest if you have to change gears, it is essentially a wasted function on all of the manuals. Other than that this vehicle has definitely been great and I would recommend it for anyone wanting a small to mid size SUV."