2008 Jeep Patriot

8.1

Based on 476 Ratings for the 2007 - 2017 models.

The Cheaper Jeep

By on Monday, February 8, 2016

Reason: Trade in for Wrangler

Pros: "Cheap price tag for a Jeep, Great family car"

Cons: "Bad resale value, not the best quality"

"Jeep is well known for off road capabilities and overall the patriot will do the job off road. I recently traded in my patriot for a wrangler. I liked driving my patriot and only had a complaint about the quality of certain things in the car such as the weather molding coming undone after 6 months. Little things like the radio would randomly act up and cause minor headaches. Although I generally liked my patriot the most alarming thing is how horribly these patriots hold their value. Upon wanting to trade I was told my Jeep had depreciated over $9,000 and had to trade in with negative equity. They had over 20 patriots on the lot and only 2 wranglers. Simply put I think if you can afford a little higher payment it is worth investing in a wrangler. The resale value stays extremely strong for wranglers and I personally just love owning a wrangler! Although the patriot makes a great family car for a cheaper initial price tag."

Great vehicle for the price

By on Sunday, November 27, 2011

"My wife had a Jeep Liberty and we were looking for something that got better fuel mileage but still 4wd. The jeep patriot is still just as roomy and fun to drive. I would recommend this vehicle to family of 4 and anyone who lives in a winter climate."

very good suv

By on Friday, March 21, 2008

"I have owned this car for about 6 months and have read all the reviews but my jeep gets no less than 26 and has gotten 30 mpg. It is an automatic 4WD and I really like it."

Great buy, would highly recommend!

By on Sunday, July 8, 2012

Pros: "gas efficient, low price, fun to drive"

Cons: "noisy engine, interior needs upgrade"

"I recently traded in my 2007 Jeep Compass for this 2012 Patriot I've nicknamed "Boss." What I love most about this Jeep is that it's fun to drive, great on gas, and very functional. I've used it for hauling and moving and the rear folding seats and spacious cargo area were perfect. The engine can be a little loud but the pick up for a small suv with a 4 cylinder engine couldn't be better. And once it gets up to speed this vehicle really goes. The interior could use a little bit more of an upgrade as it really isn't much different than my old Jeep but for the price I paid I can't complain. This is one of the lowest priced suvs you can buy brand new. Overall, I would and have definitely recommended this car to anyone looking for benefits of an suv with the affordability of a car and the reliability of a Jeep."

Solid little car,,, Still looks great

By on Monday, March 20, 2017

Pros: "Low initial cost, good reliability, good Looking"

Cons: "Pretty much ok all the way around"

"We bought it new in 09, Limited addition. Great Red Color,,, and leather interior. Only problem we have had is that the Moon Roof leaked,,, and took it in several times... They tried hard.. but they ended up replacing it last year (At their cost). Pretty good gas mileage @ 23 MPG or so all the time,,, more on the road. I still love the look of the car,,, and it never misses a beat. Great Radio and speakers,,, OK interior.... Paint has held up really well, as we have never kept it in the garage. We bought the lifetime Warrantee when new,,, its a godsend. It was 1500.00 as I remember,,, marked down from the 2700.00 that they wanted at first. As long as we have this car its got almost a bumper to bumper guarantee,,, Its a deal in my mind. So far a really good car,,, not a great car,, but a really good car, and I would buy it again...."

By on Sunday, April 25, 2010

"When I first started looking for a vehicle about 2 years ago because the lease on my Jetta was up I knew I wanted something a little bit bigger. I have some large football playin', burger eatin' buddies who love to squish into my car 4 at a time. I looked all over the place and couldn't find anything under $20k that would have low gas mileage and few miles on the car used. I found the Patriot about 4 days of 8 hour straight searching and had never seen one before. Thought it was perfect before I even stepped in. It looks like the little brother of the Commander! I have taken it on long trips and the head-space and back-seat room leave everyone feeling very comfortable. Great job Jeep!"

First Brand New Car

By on Sunday, July 23, 2017

"This was the first brand new car i purchased for myself. I was able to purchase mine for about 8k under the normal asking price, which i think was worth it. Now that i have been driving the car for 2 years, i do not see that the original price of the vehicle is worth it. Though i do love my car, there is definitely room for improvement. The horsepower is seriously lacking. As someone who lives in the city, you need to be able to accelerate at a good pace from time to time. in simple terms, this vehicle lacks get up and go. I also have quite a few problems with my hands free voice system, it hardly ever works. Other than those two things, i would say i am pretty satisfied with my little patriot. I do have my eye on a brand new Grand Cherokee, though. :)"

Awesome little 4x4

By on Friday, February 10, 2017

Pros: "Awesome, fun to drive, reliable, great gas mileage"

"Originally purchased as a little knock around car for my wife to drive to and from work and for me to have for bad weather. Boy is it good in the ice and snow. Youd have to drive this thing off the road. We had a heck of an ice/snow storm just after we got it last year. Since then we have fallen in love with it. It is simple to operate, reliable, and fun to drive. It is Limited trim and has heated leather seats, climate control, remote start and awesome sound system. It is so good that we never drive her GLK350 that has only 10k on it. This car is plenty comfortable for trips. If you dont like all the touchscreens and menus, this is the car for you."

Great Value with 4WD.

By on Saturday, December 1, 2012

Pros: "Reliable and well built"

Cons: "heavy feeling and slow on the go"

"I have owned this for almost 5 years. This is the only vechile I have ever purchased new. I have the Limited package because I wanted heated seats and the towing package, although I came to realize that a 4 cyl can't really tow too much. I added a big trailer hitch that proabably has hurt my mileage a bit. I can get 22 city , and almost 25 highway if you use the cruise control and keep the speed down. I have found the cargo capacity adaquate for hauling things, if you can fold the seats down. Back seat leg room is average, if the front seats are forward some. I have always had a car seat in the back seat, and the child can see out very nicely. The 4cyl was a little slow on the go when it was new, but after about 12,000 miles it was better. 4WD has been dependable, I traveled through snow and ice covered roads with no issues, but haven't used it alot. The clearance is not too high. Not sure I really needed the 4WD. I have not done any repairs on this, only tires and battery, and regular oil changes. I have loved this vechicle and have waited to trade it in until I had some equity built up on it. My only regret is that I purchases this right before the Chrysler bailout. I probably would not go back to Chrysler just for that reason. But that is a political issue and no bering on this reveiw."

THE LITTLE SUV THAT COULD

By on Monday, January 24, 2011

"I got my 2009 jeep patriot about 2 months ago and i love it. It runs real good and so far no problems I got it when it had about 47000 miles on it and now has over 50000 miles. It is good in the snow and ice too. The only downfall is that the engine is a 4 cly and not a 6 cly but that is ok. I plan to put a towing package on it soon so I can tow light loads and I do not doubt its ability. Overall its a excellent little suv."