2012 Jeep Liberty

8.1

Based on 279 Ratings for the 2008 - 2012 models.

VERY SAFE

By on Monday, June 16, 2008

"I really hope that the KBB folks add this review to the list. I forgot to mention in my first review that after having my 08 Jeep Liberty Limited for less than 2 weeks (my plates hadn't even come in yet), someone crashed into me from the back in an older model Honda Accord. The front of their car was totally ruined. His hood was contorted so bad that it wouldn't even close. When I saw it from my rear view, I just knew that the "Barbie" jeep was ruined....To my surprise, my back fender was only SCRATCHED! I was so amazed! I guess Jeeps really are sturdy. I've always driven cars before, and they dent when you sit down too hard :) . Long story short...I took it to get a check up...nothing was wrong with my rear sensors, and the paint job cost me less than $400 (even though it was a small scratch, they had to remove and repaing the entire bumper). I hated having my car hit, but I feel very safe knowing that it held up so well. Happy Driving!"

5th jeep, 2nd liberty

By on Sunday, December 11, 2011

Pros: "goes anywhere, does everything, tows anything"

Cons: "gas mileage fair."

"perfect do-everything vehicle; tows my 4000lb boat over sand and uphill. looks great. nav and sound are excellent. i have driven cross country with a kayak on top and slept in the back. drove up the jeep trails in sedona ahead of the tour-jeeps, but with a/c on. living in the northeast, i love the heated seats and remote start. gas mileage is just fair; 22 mpg at best on highway. ride is a little rolly laterally."

LOVE THIS CAR

By on Friday, May 21, 2010

"I love my liberty. This has been the best vehicle. My only complaint has been the radio. We've got the nav/handsfree/dvd radio and for some reason we've had massive issues with it. The dealership has replaced it once. Even the new one won't keep my Satalite presets (AM/FM are fine). Even with that, I still love this car. It's comfortable for me and our 4 month old, but I can pack the whole family (including the 2 dogs) and still go."

good vehicle

By on Thursday, March 13, 2014

I want this car

"I have a 2007 Jeep Liberty limited. I really have loved this vehicle. it currently has 78,000 miles on it and it still drives well. I am just needing a little more cargo space in the back. The 2012 Jeep Liberty has more cargo space and that is why I want to get it because of my family (1 8 month old)."

Comfortable Safe Ride

By on Friday, December 20, 2013

"I love my Liberty Jeep. The heated leather seats are great in the winter. Very comfortable drive and visablility is excellent. I feel very safe. It can be difficult to turn sometimes, but I've gotten used to that and have no issues now. Love my Jeep! That's all I'm getting from now on!!"

BEST VEHICLE EVER!

By on Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Pros: "reliable, comfortable, great mileage for a suv"

Cons: "none!"

"I bought this car to replace my older one, and I absolutely love this car! It has everything I wanted and more! And not to mention the color selection Jeep has for the Liberties is amazing!"

I will live in a crash!

By on Thursday, February 23, 2012

Pros: "strong, comfortable, gorgeous"

Cons: "heavy, small backseats"

"I LOVE my Jeep. It has gotten me over some of the roughest passes in Oregon and Washington, especially with the big studded tires installed for Winter driving. I have enjoyed passing other stalled out vehicles in massive snowstorms. I feel good and look good in this hot, red SUV. Spendy? A bit. Car payments make this uncomfortable. Valuable? Definitely. It starts up everytime, runs smoothly, and the V-6 makes it possible for me to even pull our big boat without a problem!"

Enjoyable and reliable

By on Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Pros: "Great price, good vision from a fairly tall seat"

Cons: "Mileage"

"This is the first 4WD I had ever owned, but I have driven quite a few rentals. I really enjoy this model, since it is just the right size to use both in town and on the highway. It handles great for a tall vehicle. It is quiet, even with a sunroof. There is a fair amount of wind noise, but that is to be expected with a tall, square SUV. The only fault I can find in it is the mileage. It is a fun, tough, extremely capable vehicle. Great SUV for the money."

Tough and reliable

By on Sunday, January 8, 2012

"Unbelievable vehicle. Tough as nails will get you anywhere!"

sporty

By on Monday, March 1, 2010

"bought my jeep in Dec 08 no problems,drove it to Fl. twice getting 23mpg ,very comfortable and fun to drive"

08 Jeep 4X4 LImited

By on Thursday, July 23, 2009

"For an RV campin the best vehicle, tows behind MH."

Great off road

By on Friday, January 6, 2012

Pros: "Great off road which its made for"

Cons: "Really bad highway car. No high end power in 3.7L."

"The Jeep will go about anywhere and i do love it! It has the sky slider and it couldn't be better. Only issue is the seats. There hard and your legs go numb after just a few hours on the road. Its suspension is really not forgiving ON ROAD. Take it off and it really comes alive. I will be fixing these minor problems with aftermarket parts. A big thing jeep needs to work on is there engines. Give back the 4.0 HO 3.7 lacks all the power that the 4.0 had. Or another idea is to make a better engine. minivan engine in the best 4x4 in the world what!"

Most reliable vehicle I have ever owned

By on Saturday, December 10, 2011

Pros: "Great price for a reliable 4 wheel drive SUV"

"This is a great vehicle to own because of the very low repair costs. Besides oil changes and normal wear and tear, this has not cost me a dime. I am on my second set of tires and replaced only brake pads at 60000 miles. I have nothing bad to say about it."

I would buy again

By on Wednesday, December 7, 2011

"Dependable"

Great SUV for living in rural areas

By on Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Pros: "Price, features, handling"

Cons: "Only one power outlet, needs more power"

"This is a great SUV for getting the comforts of most other luxury SUV's without the price tag and the added off road features of a Wrangler."

Luv my Jeep!

By on Sunday, November 13, 2011

Pros: "great price, great looks, reliable"

Cons: "no grip handle on window post"

"This is my 2nd Jeep Liberty and I have loved both of them. I traded in my 2006 Sport for a 2011 Limited. I really like the extra features of the Limited. While friends of mine who have 2011 Libertys are only getting 15 mpg or less local, with sensible driving habits I have average over 18 mpg local. My highest local mileage was 19.8 mpg. My car is the natural Green Pearl with beige leather interior and I always get compliments on my "sharp-looking" SUV. There will always be a Jeep Liberty in my life."

2009 Jeep Liberty

By on Sunday, May 22, 2011

"Vehicle has a nice, fresh style on the outside, but remember it is still a Jeep. It has a harsh ride that will make you uncomfortable. The interior materials are cheap and tend to squeak and rattle once past the 10,000 mile mark. The vehicle is set up to tow a substantial amount of weight, but overall fuel economy is miserable. Rated at 16 city and 22 highway, don't expect to see more than 20 on the highway and overall 17 in the city on a good day. This is not a vehicle to live with on a day-by-day basis."

2009 Liberty

By on Friday, April 22, 2011

"I have to say that I never owned Jeep product before. I am disapointed with the quality of my Jeep. Some problems that I had windshiled cracked by it self at 3000 miles. At 14000 Jeep was in shop for almost one moth due to 4WD system not working properly. Local dealership could not find the problem. They were switching parts unitl they fixed it. It was control module on 4wd system. Plastic ratles inside of the cabin."

By on Sunday, February 27, 2011

bad roof

By on Thursday, January 6, 2011

"I thought jeep made great quality vehicles, so i thought i'd be ok with my 08 liberty. since i have had it i have had issues with the clock keeping time and now my biggest issue is the soft top sliding sun roof. It is leaking and has stained the inside of my car. It does not give me a secure feeling with the quality of it. I fear i will have continuous problems with this soft top roof."

love it or hate it

By on Tuesday, November 9, 2010

"I love the car when I test drive it. When i bought it i started to find floss. For example the driver's seat needs height adjusment lever. The front passenger seat is hard to adjust the back , you have to get out of the vehicle to be able to adjust the back. I brought it to the dealer and they said that's how it was designed. I don't understand why there's no dip stick on the transmission fluid. It's part of the safety check the owner does at least once a month to check the fluids in the vehicle. Used to much gas, I should have considered that when i was in the market. Other than that the car is great, fast, and reliable and at a very reasonable price. I would not recommend it for a tight budget family. Although i have lots of complements from it. I am also proud to buy an american car. Them jeep people they need to test thier product and be honest to the consumers if its the product that they want to sell to the american people."

Great Ride, Bad Gas

By on Friday, October 29, 2010

"The 2009 Jeep Liberty is a fun, sporty, responsive, and reliable car. I have really enjoyed mine since I bought it new in May 2009. The view from the interior of the car through the windshield and side and rear windows is open and clear. The only negative I have is the Gas mileage is not what I want it to be. It is really starting to dig deep into my pockets. Not the best commuter or high traveling work car."

Great Vehicle!

By on Tuesday, October 5, 2010

"I haven't had my Jeep Liberty for very long, but I love it! I have no complaints about it so far. Everything works great, and it's very comfortable. I had originally planned on getting a different vehicle and was very surprised by how much I liked the Liberty when I test drove it. I'm glad I decided to go with it instead of my original choice."

very good

By on Sunday, August 29, 2010

"this is very good suv sport ,engine excellent stability control is 5 stars"

i love it

By on Tuesday, July 27, 2010

"my liberty is by far the best vehicle i have owned! it's comfortable and just the right amount of space for traveling with the family. and the power is great for towing or driving in sand, snow or mud!"