2012 Jeep Liberty

8.1

Based on 277 Ratings for the 2008 - 2012 models.

BEST For ME

By on Saturday, March 31, 2012

Pros: "Traditional Jeep Like Traits - Very Nice Options,"

Cons: "A Little Pricey, need an basic off road package"

"This isn’t my first Liberty; however I did test other similar vehicles to compare and preferred the 2012 liberty. It’s a tougher platform and more savvy off road. Most SUVs at this level are usually for urban areas. Some of us need more of a real SUV and since they took our beloved Jeep XJ Cherokee away, this is a good stand in. I suggest you test drive other vehicles of course but definitely make time to check it out ."

Great Jeep

By on Sunday, December 18, 2011

Pros: "Goes anywhere and fun to drive"

Cons: "Poorly supportive seats, especially in the back."

"This Liberty Sport 4x4 has taken us from the top of mountains to way out into the desert. Never fails. Upgraded the headlight bulbs as Jeep has the same problem of all MOPAR autos...the standard headlights are weak. We put in a Panasonic Nav/DVD/Stereo which puts out the sound we need and finishes the car off for us."

responsible buy

By on Friday, January 20, 2012

Pros: "GAS MILAGE 19 MPG CITY HIGHWAY 24MPG"

Cons: "THE TIRES ARE GENERIC"

"PROS, GAS MILAGE 19 MPG CITY HIGHWAY 24MPG, LOTS OF SPACE INSIDE. lOVE THE CENTER ARMREST PLENTY OF SPACE. CONS THE WINDOW WIPERS ARE JUNK FROM FACTORY(i CALLED AND THEY OFFERED TO REPLACE THEM) THEY DONT GIVE A MANUAL WITH THE VEHICLE YOU HAVE TO BEG FOR ONE, THE TIRES ARE GENERIC, I WISH I HAD GOTTTEN LEATHER AND ELECTRIC SEATS, I HAVE CLOTH AND SOMEHOW I HAVE A SNAG ALREADY. BUT FOR THE BUCK OVERALL ITS A GOOD DEAL, OH YEA ONE MORE PRO THE WARRANTY THEY HAVE THE BEST ONE ON DRIVE TRAIN."

5th jeep, 2nd liberty

By on Sunday, December 11, 2011

Pros: "goes anywhere, does everything, tows anything"

Cons: "gas mileage fair."

"perfect do-everything vehicle; tows my 4000lb boat over sand and uphill. looks great. nav and sound are excellent. i have driven cross country with a kayak on top and slept in the back. drove up the jeep trails in sedona ahead of the tour-jeeps, but with a/c on. living in the northeast, i love the heated seats and remote start. gas mileage is just fair; 22 mpg at best on highway. ride is a little rolly laterally."

Fun to drive!

By on Saturday, June 11, 2011

Pros: "Fun to drive, roomy, comfortable, easy to clean"

Cons: "gas mileage, reliability, Jeep customer service"

Right before leaving the lot- brand new!

"We've had our new Jeep Liberty Limited 4x4 for a little less than a year. We really loved the idea of purchasing an American made vehicle and wanted something that would be comfortable for long distance traveling with our two huskies. Unfortunately, we started having problems within the first 35 miles...on our way home from the dealer! Long story short, we've had it in the shop nearly ten times already for repairs/unscheduled service. We had the airbag cover replaced (was coming apart from the dash), heater repaired (the heat automatically turned on full blast on the drivers feet and wouldn't turn off- we literally had to pull over to let our feet cool off during drives until we could get it to the shop), the engine light and airbag lights continually came on and the dealer said they couldn't determine the problem- this happened a half a dozen times, and most recently we had to have the valves replaced in the engine- again, engine light came on and engine began running rough. In addition, we had to take it in for a recall only to find out when we went to pick it up that they made a mistake and the recall didn't affect our vehicle (the recall notice came from Jeep directly). Unfortunately, I would never be able to justify another Jeep purchase. I love driving it when it's not in the shop!"

Right before leaving the lot- brand new!

LOVE THIS CAR

By on Friday, May 21, 2010

"I love my liberty. This has been the best vehicle. My only complaint has been the radio. We've got the nav/handsfree/dvd radio and for some reason we've had massive issues with it. The dealership has replaced it once. Even the new one won't keep my Satalite presets (AM/FM are fine). Even with that, I still love this car. It's comfortable for me and our 4 month old, but I can pack the whole family (including the 2 dogs) and still go."

sporty

By on Monday, March 1, 2010

"bought my jeep in Dec 08 no problems,drove it to Fl. twice getting 23mpg ,very comfortable and fun to drive"

08 Jeep 4X4 LImited

By on Thursday, July 23, 2009

"For an RV campin the best vehicle, tows behind MH."

VERY SAFE

By on Monday, June 16, 2008

"I really hope that the KBB folks add this review to the list. I forgot to mention in my first review that after having my 08 Jeep Liberty Limited for less than 2 weeks (my plates hadn't even come in yet), someone crashed into me from the back in an older model Honda Accord. The front of their car was totally ruined. His hood was contorted so bad that it wouldn't even close. When I saw it from my rear view, I just knew that the "Barbie" jeep was ruined....To my surprise, my back fender was only SCRATCHED! I was so amazed! I guess Jeeps really are sturdy. I've always driven cars before, and they dent when you sit down too hard :) . Long story short...I took it to get a check up...nothing was wrong with my rear sensors, and the paint job cost me less than $400 (even though it was a small scratch, they had to remove and repaing the entire bumper). I hated having my car hit, but I feel very safe knowing that it held up so well. Happy Driving!"

good value, needs more improvement for comfort .

By on Saturday, July 16, 2016

"No vents in the back makes it very uncomfortable in the AZ heat for the passengers located in the back seats. poor design when lowering the seats for cargo space. head rest need to come out. is very inconvenient and clunky. cup holders for the back passages are on the floor almost."