2011 Jeep Liberty

8.1

Based on 278 Ratings for the 2008 - 2012 models.

This is my second Jeep Liberty.

By on Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Pros: "Solid, quiet, comfortable to drive"

Cons: "MPG not so good but it's a utility vehicle."

"I just bought a 2011 Jeep Liberty Sport 4WD from Carmax in White Marsh Maryland yesterday---Jan. 20, 2014. This is my second Liberty. My wife has a 2005 Jeep Liberty with 144,000 miles on it and it still runs great, no major problems at all, ever. So we researched the Liberty on line and saw that most gave the 2011 an excellent rating. Checked for one and found it at Carmax. Very impressed with the test drive. Vehicle feels so solid and is very quiet and comfortable to drive. Has 20,700 miles on it and was a "fleet" vehicle. Looking forward to driving it for many years to come."

This has been a "SUV" that has Satisfied our needs

By on Thursday, December 19, 2013

Pros: "Great utility, tough and rugged"

Cons: "Poor city MPG"

"This has been a SUV that has satisfied our needs and one of the few real SUV's. It has been very reliable, unstoppable in all kinds of conditions. Lots of room, even two midsized dogs fit with all seats up. The Liberty's only downfall is it's gas mileage, 20 mpg highway...not bad for heavy SUV, however around town about 12mpg!! The engine is quiet and peppy, runs great...except for above mpg it's great. Best of all it's a real SUV, it's a JEEP!!!"

OVER ALL GREAT TRUCK

By on Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Pros: "4X4 NEVER GOT STUCK"

Cons: "WINSHIELD WASHER ON HOOD BREAK 1 EVERY YEAR"

"ENGINE NOISE IN SIDE A LITTLE LOUD/EMERGENCY BREAK(DRUM STYLE)HARD TO REMOVE WHEN REMOVING REAR ROTORS"

Excellent Real SUV!

By on Thursday, April 26, 2012

Pros: "Great Price.....Fun To Drive!"

Cons: "Probably The Last Year of This Body Style"

"I own a 2012 Liberty Limited Jet and it is an incredibly capable vehicle especially when purchased with the optional Selec Trac II transfer case which has the 2WD, 4WD Auto and 4WD Low Lock selections. The 4WD Auto essentially turns the Liberty into an AWD system as you can use in all driving conditions even dry pavement which you can't do with Command Trac II. The Selec Trac II transfer case is great for varying driving conditions and for $445.00 on the sticker this is a cheap option that greatly expands the functionality of the Liberty. Unfortunately this option is rarely ordered by most dealerships as my research has shown that most of the sales staffs that I have spoken to about Selec Trac II do not really know what it is...in fact it is downright humorous to hear some of them try to explain it! The small percentage that do confess that they don't order it to keep sticker prices down, instead, opting for options that sound sexier on the sticker. The rest of the amenities such as leather seating, heated seats, nav system, sunroof, Infinity speaker system make the Liberty a pleasure to drive. Coupled with the great suspension, handling and more than adequate power you have a very comfortable and capable real SUV. Oh yeah, it can tow up to 5000 lbs. You can tow many of the competitors car based utes with it but they can't tow you! On the value side, my Liberty Jet had a sticker price of $33,575.00 and I paid $25,000.00 This made the choice of the Liberty a no-brainer. All this being said I am glad I bought the Liberty this year as I suspect that when they redesign the Liberty we will have another "egg on wheels” bobbling down the road. Hope you find this helpful."

LOVE IT!

By on Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Pros: "great price, fun 2 drive, roomy, comfortable, powe"

Cons: "hmmmm gas prices?"

"I love this vehicle - I couldn't say enough great things about it!"