2011 Jeep Liberty

8.1

Based on 277 Ratings for the 2008 - 2012 models.

Not Reliable

By on Wednesday, December 21, 2016

Pros: "Awesome in snow."

Cons: "Not reliable / very costly to own"

"I am the 2nd owner of a 2008 Jeep Liberty Sport. On the plus side, it's awesome in snow. I purchased it with about 104k on it and it looked like brand new. The problems started the week I got it. Every time I went to run a short errand, stop somewhere briefly, and then try to start it again, it would be either mostly dead, or completely dead. Returned it to the dealership where I got it, several times. They couldn't figure out the problem. They did replace the starter, but the problem continued. Unfortunately, it was such a random occurrence, that it was difficult to diagnose. After MY OWN research online, I deducted that it was the Transmission Range Sensor (over $500 to replace). That seemed to fix that issue. On occasion it feels as though the transmission slips, particularly when I accelerate to merge onto the freeway, etc... The airbag light started going off...replaced the Clock Spring. The rear diff has started leaking a bit, as well as the coolant. Now, the check engine light is randomly going off, as well as the seat belt warning light (even thought the seatbelt is secured). Keep in mind, these issues have all occurred in the past year, and mostly in the first 6 months of ownership. This is a piece of junk. I had an independent mechanic inspect the vehicle before I purchased it, and none of these issues was obvious. Living and playing in the mountains, where cellphone reception can be very sketchy, I don't have confidence that I can take it out and not get stuck in a very rural or dangerous situation. SAVE MORE MONEY AND BUY A USED TOYOTA!!!"

real deai old school SUV 4x4

By on Friday, October 28, 2016

Pros: "real deal 4x4 suv truck, good urganomics,"

Cons: "mpg"

"very under rated SUV ! considering we are talking about a real old school SUV ! its a shame this type of truck is getting harder to find anymore ! its over 4200 lbs. and will tow 5000 lbs. can be loaded up with well over 1000 lbs. of stuff, carry 8 foot 2x4s( with the rear hatch closed ! )or open the back window and it can be loaded with 12 footers ! its the real deal 4 wheel drive system, not the light duty all wheel drive system ! still running on original tires and brakes !I have only had a minor problem with the transmission needing a computer upgrade and a front wheel bearing that's it so far in over 3.5 years and over 50,000 miles ! all and all a pretty good little truck !! I wish it was a little bigger and got a little bit better gas millage ! average 16 to 21 mpg."

BEST For ME

By on Saturday, March 31, 2012

Pros: "Traditional Jeep Like Traits - Very Nice Options,"

Cons: "A Little Pricey, need an basic off road package"

"This isn’t my first Liberty; however I did test other similar vehicles to compare and preferred the 2012 liberty. It’s a tougher platform and more savvy off road. Most SUVs at this level are usually for urban areas. Some of us need more of a real SUV and since they took our beloved Jeep XJ Cherokee away, this is a good stand in. I suggest you test drive other vehicles of course but definitely make time to check it out ."

Never know when it will put you down

By on Friday, October 7, 2016

Pros: "feature of loading CD's and not having to store"

Cons: "looks and rides good"

"replaced water pump at about 35000 miles. I'm an only driver. All services as scheduled. Gas cap light is on, replaced cap with dealer part. Check engine light WILL NOT go off. The plus side is that I learned you can check your own codes with this vehicle. But it's scary to ride around and not know what's going to go wrong next. simple malfunctions that should not be considered wear and tear are falling apart. driver side window works when it wants. Rear seat is too close to front seating. Just expected more from Jeep."

Solid, Dependable, Unstoppable Transportation

By on Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Pros: "Great in snow and off-road; versatile; very depend"

"I have owned this vehicle for 4 years. I am very impressed. It is a rugged vehicle with enough comfort features to satisfy me. What I really like is the way it handles in snow. The Liberty is unstoppable. I have driven it through some bad storms without any hesitation. It has been most impressive. I do not do a lot of off-road exploring but I have never been disappointed in what it can do. I also appreciate the cargo space with the seats down. With the front passenger seat folded flat in the forward position I can easily haul 8 foot lengths without propping the hatch open. The ride is somewhat typical Jeep. A cross between Wrangler and Grand Cherokee I suppose. It is a little noisy but not bad. The ride is smooth and the handling is great. It is also very dependable and has required no major repairs beyond routine maintenance. Overall I am extremely pleased with my Liberty."

My dream car, but not my wife's.

By on Saturday, April 2, 2016

Pros: "Fun to drive, peppy,Interior is passenger friendly"

Cons: "To high for us. Hard to get into."

"Bought this Liberty in February 2016 after months of searching It was a one owner car and in pristine condition. It is still in pristine condition but my 5'2" wife has trouble getting in to the drivers seat. I have installed a trailer hitch, and chrome grill, door handles and rear view mirror covers. I am only selling it because we need a car for both of us, not just for me."

PERFECT

By on Saturday, March 17, 2012

Pros: "easy to drive and see all around vehicle"

Cons: "ground clearance, could use couple more inches"

"this vehicle is perfect in power, looks, capacity, over all driving and almost no blind spots. drives like a big car, capable of all terrain. 2wd is great in snow up to bout 5 inches, then 4wd is awesome. only con with this truck is clearance, could use couple more inches."

responsible buy

By on Friday, January 20, 2012

Pros: "GAS MILAGE 19 MPG CITY HIGHWAY 24MPG"

Cons: "THE TIRES ARE GENERIC"

"PROS, GAS MILAGE 19 MPG CITY HIGHWAY 24MPG, LOTS OF SPACE INSIDE. lOVE THE CENTER ARMREST PLENTY OF SPACE. CONS THE WINDOW WIPERS ARE JUNK FROM FACTORY(i CALLED AND THEY OFFERED TO REPLACE THEM) THEY DONT GIVE A MANUAL WITH THE VEHICLE YOU HAVE TO BEG FOR ONE, THE TIRES ARE GENERIC, I WISH I HAD GOTTTEN LEATHER AND ELECTRIC SEATS, I HAVE CLOTH AND SOMEHOW I HAVE A SNAG ALREADY. BUT FOR THE BUCK OVERALL ITS A GOOD DEAL, OH YEA ONE MORE PRO THE WARRANTY THEY HAVE THE BEST ONE ON DRIVE TRAIN."

Great Jeep

By on Sunday, December 18, 2011

Pros: "Goes anywhere and fun to drive"

Cons: "Poorly supportive seats, especially in the back."

"This Liberty Sport 4x4 has taken us from the top of mountains to way out into the desert. Never fails. Upgraded the headlight bulbs as Jeep has the same problem of all MOPAR autos...the standard headlights are weak. We put in a Panasonic Nav/DVD/Stereo which puts out the sound we need and finishes the car off for us."

5th jeep, 2nd liberty

By on Sunday, December 11, 2011

Pros: "goes anywhere, does everything, tows anything"

Cons: "gas mileage fair."

"perfect do-everything vehicle; tows my 4000lb boat over sand and uphill. looks great. nav and sound are excellent. i have driven cross country with a kayak on top and slept in the back. drove up the jeep trails in sedona ahead of the tour-jeeps, but with a/c on. living in the northeast, i love the heated seats and remote start. gas mileage is just fair; 22 mpg at best on highway. ride is a little rolly laterally."

Great Vechicle

By on Thursday, September 8, 2011

"never had any problems, easy and comfy!"

Fun to drive!

By on Saturday, June 11, 2011

Pros: "Fun to drive, roomy, comfortable, easy to clean"

Cons: "gas mileage, reliability, Jeep customer service"

Right before leaving the lot- brand new!

"We've had our new Jeep Liberty Limited 4x4 for a little less than a year. We really loved the idea of purchasing an American made vehicle and wanted something that would be comfortable for long distance traveling with our two huskies. Unfortunately, we started having problems within the first 35 miles...on our way home from the dealer! Long story short, we've had it in the shop nearly ten times already for repairs/unscheduled service. We had the airbag cover replaced (was coming apart from the dash), heater repaired (the heat automatically turned on full blast on the drivers feet and wouldn't turn off- we literally had to pull over to let our feet cool off during drives until we could get it to the shop), the engine light and airbag lights continually came on and the dealer said they couldn't determine the problem- this happened a half a dozen times, and most recently we had to have the valves replaced in the engine- again, engine light came on and engine began running rough. In addition, we had to take it in for a recall only to find out when we went to pick it up that they made a mistake and the recall didn't affect our vehicle (the recall notice came from Jeep directly). Unfortunately, I would never be able to justify another Jeep purchase. I love driving it when it's not in the shop!"

Right before leaving the lot- brand new!

LOVE THIS CAR

By on Friday, May 21, 2010

"I love my liberty. This has been the best vehicle. My only complaint has been the radio. We've got the nav/handsfree/dvd radio and for some reason we've had massive issues with it. The dealership has replaced it once. Even the new one won't keep my Satalite presets (AM/FM are fine). Even with that, I still love this car. It's comfortable for me and our 4 month old, but I can pack the whole family (including the 2 dogs) and still go."

sporty

By on Monday, March 1, 2010

"bought my jeep in Dec 08 no problems,drove it to Fl. twice getting 23mpg ,very comfortable and fun to drive"

08 Jeep 4X4 LImited

By on Thursday, July 23, 2009

"For an RV campin the best vehicle, tows behind MH."

VERY SAFE

By on Monday, June 16, 2008

"I really hope that the KBB folks add this review to the list. I forgot to mention in my first review that after having my 08 Jeep Liberty Limited for less than 2 weeks (my plates hadn't even come in yet), someone crashed into me from the back in an older model Honda Accord. The front of their car was totally ruined. His hood was contorted so bad that it wouldn't even close. When I saw it from my rear view, I just knew that the "Barbie" jeep was ruined....To my surprise, my back fender was only SCRATCHED! I was so amazed! I guess Jeeps really are sturdy. I've always driven cars before, and they dent when you sit down too hard :) . Long story short...I took it to get a check up...nothing was wrong with my rear sensors, and the paint job cost me less than $400 (even though it was a small scratch, they had to remove and repaing the entire bumper). I hated having my car hit, but I feel very safe knowing that it held up so well. Happy Driving!"

good value, needs more improvement for comfort .

By on Saturday, July 16, 2016

"No vents in the back makes it very uncomfortable in the AZ heat for the passengers located in the back seats. poor design when lowering the seats for cargo space. head rest need to come out. is very inconvenient and clunky. cup holders for the back passages are on the floor almost."

Enjoy driving the vehicle except ...

By on Sunday, August 24, 2014

Pros: "Good reliable vehicle brand"

Cons: "The legroom width on Driver side."

"I have been driving Jeep brand vehicles for well over 18+ years. I love them. I haven't had any major mechanical issues with any of them. I began leasing Jeep's in late 1995 and have driven mainly the Jeep Grand Cherokee. However, in 2011 after losing my job I switched to the Liberty as a money saving lease option. The main and probably only complaint I have about the Liberty is the driver side roominess. I am 6 feet tall and the drivers area has plenty of length to stretch the legs BUT, it's the width. At my height I have to place my left foot up against the door frame to keep it out of the way of the brake pedal. Several times when I first took the car out of the showroom I hit the brake pedal and my foot got in the way. I nearly hit cars stopped in front of me. It takes getting used to."

good vehicle

By on Thursday, March 13, 2014

I want this car

"I have a 2007 Jeep Liberty limited. I really have loved this vehicle. it currently has 78,000 miles on it and it still drives well. I am just needing a little more cargo space in the back. The 2012 Jeep Liberty has more cargo space and that is why I want to get it because of my family (1 8 month old)."

Excellent handling in awful snow and ice

By on Monday, January 27, 2014

Pros: "4-wheel drive handling, safety, roomy&comfortable"

Cons: "gas mileage; occasionally sluggish acceleration"

"Jeep Liberty (and previously Cherokee) has been a solid, safe, reliable car. This is my third Jeep, and I plan to keep it as long as possible. Love the Liberty body, ride, and the four-wheel drive and ABS in bad weather. The only drawback has been the overall gas mileage, typical of an SUV, and the acceleration is occasionally sluggish in a turn, at the start of operation. Great capacity for hauling stuff from garden centers. Handles addition of rear bike racks well."

Comfortable Safe Ride

By on Friday, December 20, 2013

"I love my Liberty Jeep. The heated leather seats are great in the winter. Very comfortable drive and visablility is excellent. I feel very safe. It can be difficult to turn sometimes, but I've gotten used to that and have no issues now. Love my Jeep! That's all I'm getting from now on!!"

BEST VEHICLE EVER!

By on Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Pros: "reliable, comfortable, great mileage for a suv"

Cons: "none!"

"I bought this car to replace my older one, and I absolutely love this car! It has everything I wanted and more! And not to mention the color selection Jeep has for the Liberties is amazing!"

Solid vehicle, poor mileage

By on Sunday, March 3, 2013

Pros: "for new 4x4 under $25,000 can't beat"

Cons: "Gas mileage"

"Owned since new, good power, handles right for type of vehicle, wish gas mileage was better, sky slider has minor leaks during heavy rains (about 3 times), overall good value for the price, next vehicle will be Sahara, more money but resale is better"

I will live in a crash!

By on Thursday, February 23, 2012

Pros: "strong, comfortable, gorgeous"

Cons: "heavy, small backseats"

"I LOVE my Jeep. It has gotten me over some of the roughest passes in Oregon and Washington, especially with the big studded tires installed for Winter driving. I have enjoyed passing other stalled out vehicles in massive snowstorms. I feel good and look good in this hot, red SUV. Spendy? A bit. Car payments make this uncomfortable. Valuable? Definitely. It starts up everytime, runs smoothly, and the V-6 makes it possible for me to even pull our big boat without a problem!"

I love this car but...

By on Monday, February 20, 2012

Pros: "comfortable"

Cons: "horrible gas mileage"

"It gets horrible gas mileage!!! I leased the first model year liberty and loved it, with the exception of the gas mileage. I've leased a sebring and a stratus before I went back to the liberty. It's comfortable and practical for a small family (total of 4). I love that my stroller fits perfect in the trunk."