2010 Jeep Liberty

8.1

Based on 277 Ratings for the 2008 - 2012 models.

BEST For ME

By on Saturday, March 31, 2012

Pros: "Traditional Jeep Like Traits - Very Nice Options,"

Cons: "A Little Pricey, need an basic off road package"

"This isn’t my first Liberty; however I did test other similar vehicles to compare and preferred the 2012 liberty. It’s a tougher platform and more savvy off road. Most SUVs at this level are usually for urban areas. Some of us need more of a real SUV and since they took our beloved Jeep XJ Cherokee away, this is a good stand in. I suggest you test drive other vehicles of course but definitely make time to check it out ."

Great Jeep

By on Sunday, December 18, 2011

Pros: "Goes anywhere and fun to drive"

Cons: "Poorly supportive seats, especially in the back."

"This Liberty Sport 4x4 has taken us from the top of mountains to way out into the desert. Never fails. Upgraded the headlight bulbs as Jeep has the same problem of all MOPAR autos...the standard headlights are weak. We put in a Panasonic Nav/DVD/Stereo which puts out the sound we need and finishes the car off for us."

responsible buy

By on Friday, January 20, 2012

Pros: "GAS MILAGE 19 MPG CITY HIGHWAY 24MPG"

Cons: "THE TIRES ARE GENERIC"

"PROS, GAS MILAGE 19 MPG CITY HIGHWAY 24MPG, LOTS OF SPACE INSIDE. lOVE THE CENTER ARMREST PLENTY OF SPACE. CONS THE WINDOW WIPERS ARE JUNK FROM FACTORY(i CALLED AND THEY OFFERED TO REPLACE THEM) THEY DONT GIVE A MANUAL WITH THE VEHICLE YOU HAVE TO BEG FOR ONE, THE TIRES ARE GENERIC, I WISH I HAD GOTTTEN LEATHER AND ELECTRIC SEATS, I HAVE CLOTH AND SOMEHOW I HAVE A SNAG ALREADY. BUT FOR THE BUCK OVERALL ITS A GOOD DEAL, OH YEA ONE MORE PRO THE WARRANTY THEY HAVE THE BEST ONE ON DRIVE TRAIN."

5th jeep, 2nd liberty

By on Sunday, December 11, 2011

Pros: "goes anywhere, does everything, tows anything"

Cons: "gas mileage fair."

"perfect do-everything vehicle; tows my 4000lb boat over sand and uphill. looks great. nav and sound are excellent. i have driven cross country with a kayak on top and slept in the back. drove up the jeep trails in sedona ahead of the tour-jeeps, but with a/c on. living in the northeast, i love the heated seats and remote start. gas mileage is just fair; 22 mpg at best on highway. ride is a little rolly laterally."

Fun to drive!

By on Saturday, June 11, 2011

Pros: "Fun to drive, roomy, comfortable, easy to clean"

Cons: "gas mileage, reliability, Jeep customer service"

Right before leaving the lot- brand new!

"We've had our new Jeep Liberty Limited 4x4 for a little less than a year. We really loved the idea of purchasing an American made vehicle and wanted something that would be comfortable for long distance traveling with our two huskies. Unfortunately, we started having problems within the first 35 miles...on our way home from the dealer! Long story short, we've had it in the shop nearly ten times already for repairs/unscheduled service. We had the airbag cover replaced (was coming apart from the dash), heater repaired (the heat automatically turned on full blast on the drivers feet and wouldn't turn off- we literally had to pull over to let our feet cool off during drives until we could get it to the shop), the engine light and airbag lights continually came on and the dealer said they couldn't determine the problem- this happened a half a dozen times, and most recently we had to have the valves replaced in the engine- again, engine light came on and engine began running rough. In addition, we had to take it in for a recall only to find out when we went to pick it up that they made a mistake and the recall didn't affect our vehicle (the recall notice came from Jeep directly). Unfortunately, I would never be able to justify another Jeep purchase. I love driving it when it's not in the shop!"

Right before leaving the lot- brand new!

LOVE THIS CAR

By on Friday, May 21, 2010

"I love my liberty. This has been the best vehicle. My only complaint has been the radio. We've got the nav/handsfree/dvd radio and for some reason we've had massive issues with it. The dealership has replaced it once. Even the new one won't keep my Satalite presets (AM/FM are fine). Even with that, I still love this car. It's comfortable for me and our 4 month old, but I can pack the whole family (including the 2 dogs) and still go."

sporty

By on Monday, March 1, 2010

"bought my jeep in Dec 08 no problems,drove it to Fl. twice getting 23mpg ,very comfortable and fun to drive"

08 Jeep 4X4 LImited

By on Thursday, July 23, 2009

"For an RV campin the best vehicle, tows behind MH."

VERY SAFE

By on Monday, June 16, 2008

"I really hope that the KBB folks add this review to the list. I forgot to mention in my first review that after having my 08 Jeep Liberty Limited for less than 2 weeks (my plates hadn't even come in yet), someone crashed into me from the back in an older model Honda Accord. The front of their car was totally ruined. His hood was contorted so bad that it wouldn't even close. When I saw it from my rear view, I just knew that the "Barbie" jeep was ruined....To my surprise, my back fender was only SCRATCHED! I was so amazed! I guess Jeeps really are sturdy. I've always driven cars before, and they dent when you sit down too hard :) . Long story short...I took it to get a check up...nothing was wrong with my rear sensors, and the paint job cost me less than $400 (even though it was a small scratch, they had to remove and repaing the entire bumper). I hated having my car hit, but I feel very safe knowing that it held up so well. Happy Driving!"

good value, needs more improvement for comfort .

By on Saturday, July 16, 2016

"No vents in the back makes it very uncomfortable in the AZ heat for the passengers located in the back seats. poor design when lowering the seats for cargo space. head rest need to come out. is very inconvenient and clunky. cup holders for the back passages are on the floor almost."

Enjoy driving the vehicle except ...

By on Sunday, August 24, 2014

Pros: "Good reliable vehicle brand"

Cons: "The legroom width on Driver side."

"I have been driving Jeep brand vehicles for well over 18+ years. I love them. I haven't had any major mechanical issues with any of them. I began leasing Jeep's in late 1995 and have driven mainly the Jeep Grand Cherokee. However, in 2011 after losing my job I switched to the Liberty as a money saving lease option. The main and probably only complaint I have about the Liberty is the driver side roominess. I am 6 feet tall and the drivers area has plenty of length to stretch the legs BUT, it's the width. At my height I have to place my left foot up against the door frame to keep it out of the way of the brake pedal. Several times when I first took the car out of the showroom I hit the brake pedal and my foot got in the way. I nearly hit cars stopped in front of me. It takes getting used to."

good vehicle

By on Thursday, March 13, 2014

I want this car

"I have a 2007 Jeep Liberty limited. I really have loved this vehicle. it currently has 78,000 miles on it and it still drives well. I am just needing a little more cargo space in the back. The 2012 Jeep Liberty has more cargo space and that is why I want to get it because of my family (1 8 month old)."

Excellent handling in awful snow and ice

By on Monday, January 27, 2014

Pros: "4-wheel drive handling, safety, roomy&comfortable"

Cons: "gas mileage; occasionally sluggish acceleration"

"Jeep Liberty (and previously Cherokee) has been a solid, safe, reliable car. This is my third Jeep, and I plan to keep it as long as possible. Love the Liberty body, ride, and the four-wheel drive and ABS in bad weather. The only drawback has been the overall gas mileage, typical of an SUV, and the acceleration is occasionally sluggish in a turn, at the start of operation. Great capacity for hauling stuff from garden centers. Handles addition of rear bike racks well."

Comfortable Safe Ride

By on Friday, December 20, 2013

"I love my Liberty Jeep. The heated leather seats are great in the winter. Very comfortable drive and visablility is excellent. I feel very safe. It can be difficult to turn sometimes, but I've gotten used to that and have no issues now. Love my Jeep! That's all I'm getting from now on!!"

BEST VEHICLE EVER!

By on Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Pros: "reliable, comfortable, great mileage for a suv"

Cons: "none!"

"I bought this car to replace my older one, and I absolutely love this car! It has everything I wanted and more! And not to mention the color selection Jeep has for the Liberties is amazing!"

Solid vehicle, poor mileage

By on Sunday, March 3, 2013

Pros: "for new 4x4 under $25,000 can't beat"

Cons: "Gas mileage"

"Owned since new, good power, handles right for type of vehicle, wish gas mileage was better, sky slider has minor leaks during heavy rains (about 3 times), overall good value for the price, next vehicle will be Sahara, more money but resale is better"

I will live in a crash!

By on Thursday, February 23, 2012

Pros: "strong, comfortable, gorgeous"

Cons: "heavy, small backseats"

"I LOVE my Jeep. It has gotten me over some of the roughest passes in Oregon and Washington, especially with the big studded tires installed for Winter driving. I have enjoyed passing other stalled out vehicles in massive snowstorms. I feel good and look good in this hot, red SUV. Spendy? A bit. Car payments make this uncomfortable. Valuable? Definitely. It starts up everytime, runs smoothly, and the V-6 makes it possible for me to even pull our big boat without a problem!"

I love this car but...

By on Monday, February 20, 2012

Pros: "comfortable"

Cons: "horrible gas mileage"

"It gets horrible gas mileage!!! I leased the first model year liberty and loved it, with the exception of the gas mileage. I've leased a sebring and a stratus before I went back to the liberty. It's comfortable and practical for a small family (total of 4). I love that my stroller fits perfect in the trunk."

Jet Edition

By on Friday, February 17, 2012

Pros: "A lot of car for the money"

Cons: "gas mileage could be better"

"Excellent fit and finish-jet package is worth the money, gets around in the snow and ice great."

Enjoyable and reliable

By on Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Pros: "Great price, good vision from a fairly tall seat"

Cons: "Mileage"

"This is the first 4WD I had ever owned, but I have driven quite a few rentals. I really enjoy this model, since it is just the right size to use both in town and on the highway. It handles great for a tall vehicle. It is quiet, even with a sunroof. There is a fair amount of wind noise, but that is to be expected with a tall, square SUV. The only fault I can find in it is the mileage. It is a fun, tough, extremely capable vehicle. Great SUV for the money."

Tough and reliable

By on Sunday, January 8, 2012

"Unbelievable vehicle. Tough as nails will get you anywhere!"

Great off road

By on Friday, January 6, 2012

Pros: "Great off road which its made for"

Cons: "Really bad highway car. No high end power in 3.7L."

"The Jeep will go about anywhere and i do love it! It has the sky slider and it couldn't be better. Only issue is the seats. There hard and your legs go numb after just a few hours on the road. Its suspension is really not forgiving ON ROAD. Take it off and it really comes alive. I will be fixing these minor problems with aftermarket parts. A big thing jeep needs to work on is there engines. Give back the 4.0 HO 3.7 lacks all the power that the 4.0 had. Or another idea is to make a better engine. minivan engine in the best 4x4 in the world what!"

Most reliable vehicle I have ever owned

By on Saturday, December 10, 2011

Pros: "Great price for a reliable 4 wheel drive SUV"

"This is a great vehicle to own because of the very low repair costs. Besides oil changes and normal wear and tear, this has not cost me a dime. I am on my second set of tires and replaced only brake pads at 60000 miles. I have nothing bad to say about it."

I would buy again

By on Wednesday, December 7, 2011

"Dependable"

Great SUV for living in rural areas

By on Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Pros: "Price, features, handling"

Cons: "Only one power outlet, needs more power"

"This is a great SUV for getting the comforts of most other luxury SUV's without the price tag and the added off road features of a Wrangler."