2009 Jeep Liberty

8.1

Based on 277 Ratings for the 2008 - 2012 models.

Most reliable vehicle I have ever owned

By on Saturday, December 10, 2011

Pros: "Great price for a reliable 4 wheel drive SUV"

"This is a great vehicle to own because of the very low repair costs. Besides oil changes and normal wear and tear, this has not cost me a dime. I am on my second set of tires and replaced only brake pads at 60000 miles. I have nothing bad to say about it."

I would buy again

By on Wednesday, December 7, 2011

"Dependable"

Great SUV for living in rural areas

By on Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Pros: "Price, features, handling"

Cons: "Only one power outlet, needs more power"

"This is a great SUV for getting the comforts of most other luxury SUV's without the price tag and the added off road features of a Wrangler."

Luv my Jeep!

By on Sunday, November 13, 2011

Pros: "great price, great looks, reliable"

Cons: "no grip handle on window post"

"This is my 2nd Jeep Liberty and I have loved both of them. I traded in my 2006 Sport for a 2011 Limited. I really like the extra features of the Limited. While friends of mine who have 2011 Libertys are only getting 15 mpg or less local, with sensible driving habits I have average over 18 mpg local. My highest local mileage was 19.8 mpg. My car is the natural Green Pearl with beige leather interior and I always get compliments on my "sharp-looking" SUV. There will always be a Jeep Liberty in my life."

2009 Jeep Liberty

By on Sunday, May 22, 2011

"Vehicle has a nice, fresh style on the outside, but remember it is still a Jeep. It has a harsh ride that will make you uncomfortable. The interior materials are cheap and tend to squeak and rattle once past the 10,000 mile mark. The vehicle is set up to tow a substantial amount of weight, but overall fuel economy is miserable. Rated at 16 city and 22 highway, don't expect to see more than 20 on the highway and overall 17 in the city on a good day. This is not a vehicle to live with on a day-by-day basis."

2009 Liberty

By on Friday, April 22, 2011

"I have to say that I never owned Jeep product before. I am disapointed with the quality of my Jeep. Some problems that I had windshiled cracked by it self at 3000 miles. At 14000 Jeep was in shop for almost one moth due to 4WD system not working properly. Local dealership could not find the problem. They were switching parts unitl they fixed it. It was control module on 4wd system. Plastic ratles inside of the cabin."

By on Sunday, February 27, 2011

bad roof

By on Thursday, January 6, 2011

"I thought jeep made great quality vehicles, so i thought i'd be ok with my 08 liberty. since i have had it i have had issues with the clock keeping time and now my biggest issue is the soft top sliding sun roof. It is leaking and has stained the inside of my car. It does not give me a secure feeling with the quality of it. I fear i will have continuous problems with this soft top roof."

love it or hate it

By on Tuesday, November 9, 2010

"I love the car when I test drive it. When i bought it i started to find floss. For example the driver's seat needs height adjusment lever. The front passenger seat is hard to adjust the back , you have to get out of the vehicle to be able to adjust the back. I brought it to the dealer and they said that's how it was designed. I don't understand why there's no dip stick on the transmission fluid. It's part of the safety check the owner does at least once a month to check the fluids in the vehicle. Used to much gas, I should have considered that when i was in the market. Other than that the car is great, fast, and reliable and at a very reasonable price. I would not recommend it for a tight budget family. Although i have lots of complements from it. I am also proud to buy an american car. Them jeep people they need to test thier product and be honest to the consumers if its the product that they want to sell to the american people."

Great Ride, Bad Gas

By on Friday, October 29, 2010

"The 2009 Jeep Liberty is a fun, sporty, responsive, and reliable car. I have really enjoyed mine since I bought it new in May 2009. The view from the interior of the car through the windshield and side and rear windows is open and clear. The only negative I have is the Gas mileage is not what I want it to be. It is really starting to dig deep into my pockets. Not the best commuter or high traveling work car."

Great Vehicle!

By on Tuesday, October 5, 2010

"I haven't had my Jeep Liberty for very long, but I love it! I have no complaints about it so far. Everything works great, and it's very comfortable. I had originally planned on getting a different vehicle and was very surprised by how much I liked the Liberty when I test drove it. I'm glad I decided to go with it instead of my original choice."

very good

By on Sunday, August 29, 2010

"this is very good suv sport ,engine excellent stability control is 5 stars"

i love it

By on Tuesday, July 27, 2010

"my liberty is by far the best vehicle i have owned! it's comfortable and just the right amount of space for traveling with the family. and the power is great for towing or driving in sand, snow or mud!"

I love this jeep

By on Monday, July 5, 2010

"No problem out of this jeep. Would do it all over again. It's silver and I added some chrome wheels 20's and it looks great. The gliding roof is real stylish."

Jeep Liberty affordable suv

By on Friday, May 28, 2010

"Owned an 2006 traded it in for a 2008, Jeep really stepped up their game."

Jeep

By on Monday, March 29, 2010

"I wanted a car to get me through the snow... with this Jeep I can do that and more. I have no trouble at all through the snow in the Liberty, powder, packed, icy, you name it and it will perform. Switching to 4x4 is simple and the traction control also works well, without having to switch to 4X4. One complaint, besides gas mileage (we all knew what we were getting into when we bought the thing) is the quality of the interior. I used armor all on my door and then proceeded to clean the painted surface next to the armor all surface and the paint started to come off on me. Also it seems the windshield takes a lot of rocks."

Love it!

By on Wednesday, March 24, 2010

"Have owned my '09 4x4 Liberty 6 months now. Absolutely love it. I think it gets great mileage, 18.6 around town. I have a bad back, and I love these seats. I am never uncomfortable, and my back does not bother me when I exit the vehicle. It also has enough pickup when merging into traffic. A fun SUV on and off road."

Awesome...

By on Monday, March 15, 2010

"When my fiance and I were at the dealership we were looking for a smaller SUV because we both had 2 door car's and are about to have a baby. I had a Jeep when i was in high school and LOVED it... but i knew I wasn't going to be able to get my girl to allow me to get a Wrangler... we saw the Liberty and even the sales person didn't know it was a liberty... none of us had seen the newer body style. Well we got the key's and looked through the Jeep... first impression: awesome... great head room, good back-seat-leg room... outside was perfect... rear hatch was good sized and perfect for our dog (full grown husky 50lbs). after about 3 weeks: we have put over 1000 miles on it already... we drive from columbus ohio to toledo ohio (150 miles) almost every weekend so... absolutly no problems... NONE... not the greatest on gas but hey... my fiance feels safe and the car seats are really really comfy... i have absolutly NO problem w/ this jeep so far... exactlly what i was looking for and i hope things go on like this. ( i also love the fact i can hook my iphone into the sterio and not have to pay for a new head unit... awesome) if you are looking for a good car that will make you feel safe and still look cool ;) this is the way to go"

I love this vehicle

By on Sunday, October 25, 2009

"This vehicle is my first Jeep and SUV. I am convinced I will be a life long Jeep owner. It is extremely comfortable to drive. The interior compartment is perfect for my 5'2" frame. It has been super dependable, even off road. I have hauled everything from band equipment, to yard brush, and teenagers. It's been a super vehicle on long trips. I simply wish the mileage was a bit higher."

Perfect for me

By on Thursday, October 8, 2009

"I need a 4 x 4 to get near my house in snow. The Liberty rides more smooth than a Wrangler, quieter and has more available creature comforts. My Liberty has leather interior, factory remote start and a power fold back roof so it nearly a convertible. I looked at the Commanders but the Liberty had the same size engine in a smaller car. I owned an 07 Liberty and I wasn't very attached to it, it seemed to have a laundry list of small problems. The 08 is wider and longer. The power roof was the main selling point for me. I am a big tall man. I have all the head and leg room I need, I want to keep this car for a while."

first new vehicle

By on Tuesday, September 22, 2009

"i love my 2008 liberty its my first new car ever i love it it turns heads every where so stylish and a real suv fuel econmy is a concern but i fill my gas tank for 45 dollars some others cost 65 bucks tow package shouldnt be an option so far so good i bought american cause its easier to find anything you need for a good price not like german or japenese cars you need to search hard some points chrysler shoud consider to make it the best suv in the us 1. more fuel efficent enigines 2.a leather touch on the interior 3.in dash cup holders 4.chrome door handels and the mirrors soud be same as vehicle colour 5.six speed automatic transmission i highly recommend this vehicle to every body who is looking for a real suv and its an american car chrysler is getting back on the right track which its a good thing for jeep lovers this car is very quit on the highway i drove 100 miles /hour very smooth ride"

Happy owner

By on Friday, September 4, 2009

"The vehicle I own is a 2008 6 speed manual 2 WD with some upgrades: cruise, air, CD, temp display, window tint. I love driving the vehicle and have had no problems. I've put over 7,000 miles on it since purchasing it in April. The 3.7 L seemed a little underpowered at first, but I was trying to drive in 5th / 6th gear too much and keeping RPMs too low. It has plenty of passing power in 4th. We drove from GA to MN & back last month and the vehicle was very comfortable, surprisingly quiet for a Jeep. I put an aftermarket hitch on it and can tow about 3,500 lbs. I've used it to haul mulch and furniture around town. Again, staying in 4th it has plenty of power. We bought Hidden Hitch and found it easy to install, but it takes two people to get it bolted in place. Now for a few complaints The pushbutton for opening the rear window falls out occasionally. Also, the rear wiper does not sit tightly on the glass. To be fair, I've not taken it to a dealer to have either problem fixed. Gas mileage is not great. I haven't done the math for the MN trip, but around town I've been getting about 17.5 MPG. But we bought this for light towing and camping, not long trips. We took a vintage canoe to MN and ultimately could not use the roof racks. There is only a 3 1/2 foot span front to back and the rack sits well back of the vehicle midline. That is no good for a 17 foot canoe. Most other rack loads - kayaks, skiis, clamshells - should be fine. All in all I'm a happy owner. I wanted an SUV like vehicle with some towing capacity at an economical price - more than a small pickup but less than a Ford Exploder or similar. The Liberty was very reasonably priced and is performing as expected."

won't buy another one

By on Tuesday, July 21, 2009

"I have had my Jeep Liberty for 10 months , twice now it has left me stranded . Electical problems , radio has been replaced, side panels on driver & passenger side has been replaced , plastic on inside door handle replaced due chipping and more . I also have the sky slider too noisy it is nice but again noisy . Chrysler customer service stinks . NEVER EVER again . I do like the style but this has been an experience I don't want again . :("

Take a LONG test drive!!!

By on Sunday, July 19, 2009

"Bought my Liberty in May/08; shortly found a problem with drivetrain. There is a vibration caused by it not shifting from overdrive as you slow down. Really bad if you drive in speed zones like 35-45 mph. Filed lemon complaint and lost because Chrysler's position was operating the way it was designed to. Suggested I use the Tow/Haul button to avoid the problem. Last Chrysler purchase for me."

Lots of trouble

By on Thursday, June 25, 2009

"I wanted this vehicle so bad and in the first two weeks I had it in the shop twice mostly technical computer stuff but wouldn't buy another one :("