2007 Jeep Liberty

7.8

Based on 1321 Ratings for the 2002 - 2007 models.

We have bonded.

By on Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Pros: "A champion on slick ice and snow."

Cons: "Burns a lot of gas."

"I originally thought this was a not quite up to speed. Over the years I have learned to really enjoy and respect this car. It loves ice and snow. It has been reliable and not needed an a lot of repairs. We have 160,000 miles on it and plan to go over 200,000. I am even thinking about buying another one or similar someday. Some people don't think the Liberty is a real Jeep, you don't know what you are missing. My primary negative issue is the mileage. It may dream of 20/mpg but it is doubtful it will ever get there."

Very Dependable

By on Monday, August 29, 2016

Pros: "easy handling, stout power, great center of gravit"

Cons: "NONE"

"I have owned this car for over 10 years. She has been the best vehicle. We have over 265000 miles and I have had to have the transmission rebuilt. Any other repairs have been minor and very few and far between. I bought this Jeep when my daughter started Kindergarten, and she is actually looking forward to it being hers in a few months when she gets her driver's license. This vehicle has held up well and still looks and drives great!"

A solid, Fun, 4x4

By on Sunday, December 11, 2016

Pros: "Outstanding in rough weather - Snow, Rain, Fog"

Cons: "You have to change the fuel pump around 120,000"

Me in the ADK

"I live in Syracuse, NY and have owned my 2007 Jeep liberty Limited Edition Trail Rated for just a little over 2 years now. (Purchased used at 82,000 miles) It performs great in heavy snow with just all season tires (with 4x4 part-time engaged) Very solid in rain downpours, and have even done some moderate off-roading in it; she performs like a champ. The Liberty also has a VERY impressive turning radius when operating in 2-High. Alternatively, when 4x4 is engaged, the turning radius can be a bit disappointing at times when you need to make sharp turns. I recommend switching back to 2-High when in parking lots and tight spaces. ENGINE POWER The 3.7 V6 has an outstanding Horsepower to Low end Torque ratio and considering how heavy this Jeep is, I average about 22 Highway (Tires at 35 PSI, copper spark plugs, and I sea foam the engine every 20,000 miles) So I'd say it's great. On a full Tank of gas I can make it 280 Miles of Highway driving before I need to Fuel up again. I average about 22,000-25,000 miles a year in this thing. CONS The driver's seating position is not ergonomically correct if you are taller than 5'8. I'm 5'10, it's not the worse, but they could have done better. Trunk space is also small but a cargo net helps a lot. If you are tall, you will never see the traffic lights above you when driving in city/urban areas, unless you lean forward or tilt your head. The 4 Speed automatic transmission tends to shift a little rough in bumper to bumper traffic. This is a normal characteristic of the Liberty, nothing is mechanically wrong with it. MAINTENANCE As far as maintenance goes, it pretty much falls right in line with the recommendations from my "Haynes manual". Id say the amount of maintenance on this for the miles I put in is expected, not impressive, neither unreasonable. However, it should be noted that most maintenance of the Liberty was designed to be owner friendly and easy to access, unlike most cars now. So if you don't mind getting a little dirty and spending your time, she is not expensive to maintain. All you need is a Rachet Set, Jack, Jack stands, a Screwdriver, and You can fix practically anything on a Jeep."

Me in the ADK

Won't settle for less

By on Monday, August 13, 2012

Pros: "Spacious, affordable repairs, great in snow!"

Cons: "I honestly can't think of any."

"Hello, I have owned my 2003, unlimited sports, 4x4 for over six years now. I have accumlated over 200,500 miles and it still goes strong. The motor has recently started knocking, but this is too be expected. The only other two problems I have had is (hope I spell this right), sham-calf sensor and (which was around $25 to repair with lifetime warranty) and that thing that holds your cold air, has a fan. I don't know what it is, but it cost $140 to repair (I got the part from a junk yard). That is the only two expensives, besides breaks, tires, oil changes. The handling had always been wonderful, perfect in the snow. Spacious for road trips, easily fit my three kids and 125 lb. dog. I am going to get the motor rebuilt in the next year,I plan on buying a new one for myself and give my other one to one of my children. I do not plan on buying any vehicles other than Jeep Liberty's for the remainder of my life. Great suv!! I give it a 10 all the way. (Was going to upload a picture, but all I have. have my children in them. But its just like the picture above, but black)."

Jeep Liberty 2004

By on Tuesday, December 16, 2008

"I now have 125,000 miles on my 2004 Liberty Limited (Bought new) and it is as strong as ever. Still have the original brake pads on! The only problem I have had was when the Jeep was 4 years old at 116,000 mile I had to replace the driver side power window cable. On the interstate I get 23 MPG (2WD/V6/Auto) and average 21 MPG mixed."