2007 Jeep Liberty

7.9

Based on 1323 Ratings for the 2002 - 2007 models.

Look Elsewhere

By on Sunday, October 10, 2010

"Purchasing this vehicle from the dealer was a hassle and now that I'm at 96,000 on it, I can honestly say that it has been the worse vehicle ownership experience that I have ever had. To start off with, after buying the Jeep, signing the contract, and driving off the lot the dealer called and said they did not charge me enough -- to the tune of several thousand dollars and they would not release the title until I forked over some more cash. As I already drove away, they would not accept the vehicle back. I have worked to maintain the vehicle well, but found: 1. There is a profound amount of gear noise from the diff. Not sure if something is going to break, but the cabin noise is horrible. 2. The vehicle has left me stranded several times. The first few times is was bad coil packs on the engine. After, a bad battery (drove great, stopped for a bite to eat, came out and only click). Now, the shaft going to the ignition switch broke (according to the dealership it's a known issue that the only way to fix is replace the entire steering column). 3. The interior wear is bad. The seats pickup marks like anything and will not scrub / steam clean. Sorry, I have one little 3 YO girl who drops Cheerios. Who would have thought that the seat would be so grubby without any ability to clean? Many plastic parts on the interior (the handle above the glove box, the panels with light switches, the front doors next to the window, etc.) are all overly warn. The floor has significant wear spots all around where people put their shoes. I would figure that we should not put a hole in the carpet. 4. Even with a six speed manual trans, the acceleration is poor. It really has issues trying to get out of its own way on the highway. 5. Looking at the dealer trade-in on KBB, basically it's not worth much. I have owned many Jeeps over my lifetime (FSJ, YJ, TJ, KJ, etc.) and have to say that the Libby is really bad."

LOVE IT

By on Sunday, September 5, 2010

"I bought this car in 2003 new. I have the Renegade with the off road package. It is an awesome car. Stable, great in snow and was always very comfortable plus it has great pep. Also has decent trunk space. I am getting ready to trade it in for a family car since I have 2 kids. We need a third row to be able to take extra people around with us. I am devastated. I can't say enough good things about it. It really has held up and only repairs have been those that are normal wear, ex: brakes. I would recommend it!"

GET A HANDLE ON IT

By on Wednesday, August 25, 2010

"I LOVE MY JEEP LIBERTY IT HAS BEEN AFFORDABLE RELIBLE AND FUN. THE ONLY DOWN FALL AND PROBLEM I HAVE SEEN IS IN THE DOOR PANELS WHERE YOU OPEN THE DOOR CRACK EASIER THAN THEY SHOULD. I HAVE BEEN THROUGH THREE DOOR HANDLES IN LESS THAN 6OK ON THE JEEP. THATS THE ONLY THING IV HAD ISSUES WITH, WELL THAT AND GETTING A CUSTOMER SERVICE GUY AT OUR LOCAL DEALERSHIP NOT JERK YOU AROUND MAKING YOU WAIT. THE FIRST TIME THE DOOR HANDLE WAS UNDER WARRENTY THE SECOND WHICH WASNT LONG AFTER THE FIRST THEY WAITED AROUND UNTIL MY WARRENTY EXPIRED. THE COST WAS WELL OVER 200 HUNDRED TO FIX IT. I WILL NOT EVER REFER ANYONE TO THIS LOCAL DEALER EVER AGAIN AFTER THE WAY I WAS TREATED."

Be Afraid

By on Wednesday, August 18, 2010

"I have owned five other jeeps from Wranglers to Cherokees, I was excited to buy the little liberty. I had the 2002 Liberty for almost 2 years when the engine blew at 112,000 miles. I was very disappointed. The window regulator broke also and the gas mileage was horrible. Even though they look good, beware!"

By on Monday, August 16, 2010

"window regulators...terrible...i have had to replace all of them. the window just falls into the door and then they have to replace the glass and the window regulator...cost a pretty penny to get fixed...also the transmission just can't decide to stop acting up."