2005 Jeep Liberty

7.8

Based on 1321 Ratings for the 2002 - 2007 models.

great vehicle

By on Friday, November 14, 2008

"I have a 2005 Liberty. It is the perfect size SUV for those wanting the benefits of an SUV with a vehicle that is a breeze to handle in crowded parking lots or busy city streets. It sits high off the ground, plows through snow better than 4x4 trucks I've owned, and is generally very comfortable. The only downside is gas mileage is right around 20-21 mpg. Great car, will keep mine till it dies."

amazing vehicle

By on Friday, March 14, 2014

Pros: "Unbelievable jeep to drive"

Cons: "Gas is so so. 12 to 23 mpg Summer/winter"

"well in Aug. of 2014 I will have owned this jeep for two years. I've driven through snow that is just at the bottom of my bumper. I've done a lot of towing up north and on four-wheeler trails for logging. This little jeep is an unbelievable machine. I think the ride it is very comfy, and that's after a few hours of driving. It holds 5 adults well, plus two dogs in the back. One dog is 60 lbs and the other is 180 lbs Mastiff. Now the gas is the only thing on this vehicle that is tough sometimes. First the jeep stock tires are 215. I have 245's on mine. That's 6% bigger than you should go. I have how ever got up to 23 mpg in the summer. Winter time I'm around 12 to 14 depending on sandbags and using 4 high. So if you keep up with maintenance and take good care and don't mind 13 to 20 mpg on average. You should love this vehicle. Enjoy the Jeep!"

easy to drive

By on Saturday, March 2, 2013

Pros: "fun to drive, fuel economy"

Cons: "too small for a big man like me"

"Excellent highway MPG- 29+ depending on road speed (30+ at 69 mph) and conditions. Easy to mananuver in traffic or off-road as the occassion may call for. HOwever for the very tall- 6' plus and in my case also a big guy it can be a bit cramped. This is the top rated SUV in it's class and for good reason!! I bought it Oct 1 2005 as a 2006 model. The engine has plenty of torque and loves to be driven on the interstate."

GREAT SUV for both men AND women....FUN TO DRIVE!!

By on Monday, December 31, 2012

Pros: "Very economically priced, compared to most suvs."

Cons: "Gas mileage not good.....so not for long trips!"

"I own a 2005 Sport 4x4 Liberty, {Light khaki}It seats 5 comfortably. If I ever purchase another suv, I will buy another Liberty. I have approximately 70,000 miles on it. I have kept the oil changed every 5000 miles. I am about to replace the brake pads for the first time. Other than that, absolutely no repairs. I love the size, comfort,exterior and the interior. I have leather seats and it looks almost new. The exterior is like new as well. It is perfect for all terrains and handles great in city and offroad. It is fairly light weight, so I take caution at higher speeds. I wish it was a little heavier. As long as you drive the speed limits, it handles very well. I would not recommend high speeds for a liberty. This is a wonderful suv for the city, in all weather conditions. Your vision perimeters are very good, much better than most suvs. It is very safe to drive. It is a medium sized suv, which is perfect for me, as I am a petite woman. I wouldn't trade it for anything. It is a good vehicle for teens as Jeep designs never grow old. They are timeless vehicles."

I love this jeep!

By on Monday, September 10, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive."

Cons: "Power windows malfunction."

"So fun to drive! I have had this car for 5 years. No mechanical issues at all. I'm passing it on to my daughter. The only problem is with the back power window motors. Both have gone out on this car. Not a major issue, but a bit of an inconvenience. I'm currently looking for a newer model, but not real crazy about the newer body style. Overall, one of my favorite cars I've ever owned."