2005 Jeep Liberty

7.8

Based on 1321 Ratings for the 2002 - 2007 models.

We have bonded.

By on Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Pros: "A champion on slick ice and snow."

Cons: "Burns a lot of gas."

"I originally thought this was a not quite up to speed. Over the years I have learned to really enjoy and respect this car. It loves ice and snow. It has been reliable and not needed an a lot of repairs. We have 160,000 miles on it and plan to go over 200,000. I am even thinking about buying another one or similar someday. Some people don't think the Liberty is a real Jeep, you don't know what you are missing. My primary negative issue is the mileage. It may dream of 20/mpg but it is doubtful it will ever get there."

Very Dependable

By on Monday, August 29, 2016

Pros: "easy handling, stout power, great center of gravit"

Cons: "NONE"

"I have owned this car for over 10 years. She has been the best vehicle. We have over 265000 miles and I have had to have the transmission rebuilt. Any other repairs have been minor and very few and far between. I bought this Jeep when my daughter started Kindergarten, and she is actually looking forward to it being hers in a few months when she gets her driver's license. This vehicle has held up well and still looks and drives great!"

A solid, Fun, 4x4

By on Sunday, December 11, 2016

Pros: "Outstanding in rough weather - Snow, Rain, Fog"

Cons: "You have to change the fuel pump around 120,000"

Me in the ADK

"I live in Syracuse, NY and have owned my 2007 Jeep liberty Limited Edition Trail Rated for just a little over 2 years now. (Purchased used at 82,000 miles) It performs great in heavy snow with just all season tires (with 4x4 part-time engaged) Very solid in rain downpours, and have even done some moderate off-roading in it; she performs like a champ. The Liberty also has a VERY impressive turning radius when operating in 2-High. Alternatively, when 4x4 is engaged, the turning radius can be a bit disappointing at times when you need to make sharp turns. I recommend switching back to 2-High when in parking lots and tight spaces. ENGINE POWER The 3.7 V6 has an outstanding Horsepower to Low end Torque ratio and considering how heavy this Jeep is, I average about 22 Highway (Tires at 35 PSI, copper spark plugs, and I sea foam the engine every 20,000 miles) So I'd say it's great. On a full Tank of gas I can make it 280 Miles of Highway driving before I need to Fuel up again. I average about 22,000-25,000 miles a year in this thing. CONS The driver's seating position is not ergonomically correct if you are taller than 5'8. I'm 5'10, it's not the worse, but they could have done better. Trunk space is also small but a cargo net helps a lot. If you are tall, you will never see the traffic lights above you when driving in city/urban areas, unless you lean forward or tilt your head. The 4 Speed automatic transmission tends to shift a little rough in bumper to bumper traffic. This is a normal characteristic of the Liberty, nothing is mechanically wrong with it. MAINTENANCE As far as maintenance goes, it pretty much falls right in line with the recommendations from my "Haynes manual". Id say the amount of maintenance on this for the miles I put in is expected, not impressive, neither unreasonable. However, it should be noted that most maintenance of the Liberty was designed to be owner friendly and easy to access, unlike most cars now. So if you don't mind getting a little dirty and spending your time, she is not expensive to maintain. All you need is a Rachet Set, Jack, Jack stands, a Screwdriver, and You can fix practically anything on a Jeep."

Me in the ADK

Won't settle for less

By on Monday, August 13, 2012

Pros: "Spacious, affordable repairs, great in snow!"

Cons: "I honestly can't think of any."

"Hello, I have owned my 2003, unlimited sports, 4x4 for over six years now. I have accumlated over 200,500 miles and it still goes strong. The motor has recently started knocking, but this is too be expected. The only other two problems I have had is (hope I spell this right), sham-calf sensor and (which was around $25 to repair with lifetime warranty) and that thing that holds your cold air, has a fan. I don't know what it is, but it cost $140 to repair (I got the part from a junk yard). That is the only two expensives, besides breaks, tires, oil changes. The handling had always been wonderful, perfect in the snow. Spacious for road trips, easily fit my three kids and 125 lb. dog. I am going to get the motor rebuilt in the next year,I plan on buying a new one for myself and give my other one to one of my children. I do not plan on buying any vehicles other than Jeep Liberty's for the remainder of my life. Great suv!! I give it a 10 all the way. (Was going to upload a picture, but all I have. have my children in them. But its just like the picture above, but black)."

Jeep Liberty 2004

By on Tuesday, December 16, 2008

"I now have 125,000 miles on my 2004 Liberty Limited (Bought new) and it is as strong as ever. Still have the original brake pads on! The only problem I have had was when the Jeep was 4 years old at 116,000 mile I had to replace the driver side power window cable. On the interstate I get 23 MPG (2WD/V6/Auto) and average 21 MPG mixed."

great vehicle

By on Friday, November 14, 2008

"I have a 2005 Liberty. It is the perfect size SUV for those wanting the benefits of an SUV with a vehicle that is a breeze to handle in crowded parking lots or busy city streets. It sits high off the ground, plows through snow better than 4x4 trucks I've owned, and is generally very comfortable. The only downside is gas mileage is right around 20-21 mpg. Great car, will keep mine till it dies."

amazing vehicle

By on Friday, March 14, 2014

Pros: "Unbelievable jeep to drive"

Cons: "Gas is so so. 12 to 23 mpg Summer/winter"

"well in Aug. of 2014 I will have owned this jeep for two years. I've driven through snow that is just at the bottom of my bumper. I've done a lot of towing up north and on four-wheeler trails for logging. This little jeep is an unbelievable machine. I think the ride it is very comfy, and that's after a few hours of driving. It holds 5 adults well, plus two dogs in the back. One dog is 60 lbs and the other is 180 lbs Mastiff. Now the gas is the only thing on this vehicle that is tough sometimes. First the jeep stock tires are 215. I have 245's on mine. That's 6% bigger than you should go. I have how ever got up to 23 mpg in the summer. Winter time I'm around 12 to 14 depending on sandbags and using 4 high. So if you keep up with maintenance and take good care and don't mind 13 to 20 mpg on average. You should love this vehicle. Enjoy the Jeep!"

easy to drive

By on Saturday, March 2, 2013

Pros: "fun to drive, fuel economy"

Cons: "too small for a big man like me"

"Excellent highway MPG- 29+ depending on road speed (30+ at 69 mph) and conditions. Easy to mananuver in traffic or off-road as the occassion may call for. HOwever for the very tall- 6' plus and in my case also a big guy it can be a bit cramped. This is the top rated SUV in it's class and for good reason!! I bought it Oct 1 2005 as a 2006 model. The engine has plenty of torque and loves to be driven on the interstate."

GREAT SUV for both men AND women....FUN TO DRIVE!!

By on Monday, December 31, 2012

Pros: "Very economically priced, compared to most suvs."

Cons: "Gas mileage not good.....so not for long trips!"

"I own a 2005 Sport 4x4 Liberty, {Light khaki}It seats 5 comfortably. If I ever purchase another suv, I will buy another Liberty. I have approximately 70,000 miles on it. I have kept the oil changed every 5000 miles. I am about to replace the brake pads for the first time. Other than that, absolutely no repairs. I love the size, comfort,exterior and the interior. I have leather seats and it looks almost new. The exterior is like new as well. It is perfect for all terrains and handles great in city and offroad. It is fairly light weight, so I take caution at higher speeds. I wish it was a little heavier. As long as you drive the speed limits, it handles very well. I would not recommend high speeds for a liberty. This is a wonderful suv for the city, in all weather conditions. Your vision perimeters are very good, much better than most suvs. It is very safe to drive. It is a medium sized suv, which is perfect for me, as I am a petite woman. I wouldn't trade it for anything. It is a good vehicle for teens as Jeep designs never grow old. They are timeless vehicles."

I love this jeep!

By on Monday, September 10, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive."

Cons: "Power windows malfunction."

"So fun to drive! I have had this car for 5 years. No mechanical issues at all. I'm passing it on to my daughter. The only problem is with the back power window motors. Both have gone out on this car. Not a major issue, but a bit of an inconvenience. I'm currently looking for a newer model, but not real crazy about the newer body style. Overall, one of my favorite cars I've ever owned."