2004 Jeep Liberty

7.8

Based on 1321 Ratings for the 2002 - 2007 models.

Nice Jeep, except for the stupid windows!

By on Sunday, September 2, 2012

Pros: "looks great"

Cons: "7 window regulators in <60K miles"

"I have the 2006 with 60K miles. I have the Limited version that is all leathered out and loaded with all the options except 4 wheel drive. I have owned more than a few cars and trucks in my life. This is not anywhere near my favorate. This one is fine for around town, but by the time I drive 250 miles in this thing my backside actually hurts. It rides ROUGH! It has never left me by the side of the road, but that actually surprises me after all the trouble I have had. The V6 runs great and I have never had any transmission or other mechanical problems. But I have paid out $1300 to repair the power sunroof. And the windows! SEVEN, count them, 7 window regulators in 60K miles. This baby has spend a total of TWO MONTHS in the shop keeping the freakin windows moving! It look really good in the drive, but it will look even better when it's in someone else's drive."

Solid and Reliable

By on Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Pros: "Solid. Reliable V6. Simple Interior Design. Roomy."

Cons: "Poor Gas Mileage. So-so Handling."

"I bought this brand new in July of 2001 and have been hesitant to replace it because I like it so much. In 15 years I've only put 66,000 miles on it and have never had a major problem. The few issues I had were the heater fan resistor needed replacement twice and a thermostat needed a replacement, all under 100 dollar repairs. Typical maintenance items have been brake pads, tires, fluids and batteries. The car has been reliable and solid, never leaving me stranded. I like the simple interior design and comfortable seats. I've been hit twice, and both times, the other cars were badly damaged and mine required a bumper cover. This thing is built like the proverbial brick outhouse."

Excellent value; DOES ride like a jeep

By on Monday, March 9, 2015

Pros: "see above"

"4WD gets you around even on icy snow conditions (of course, not on ice alone). Rides kinda rough but better tires helped this. DID have repeated problems with emission system; orig catalytic converter was from CA, which initially contributed to confusion of getting the appropriate replacement. I don't know if it's faulty design but , for the last 2-3 years, I've had to replace cat or 02 sensors, ea year, to pass emissions (seems that this might be attributable to not getting to the cause of the problem, however, in my opinion). The seats stain TERRIBLY, even with water, which is asinine for a JEEP but I still feel like the benefit of being able to get around places that others cant (secondary to 4WD and V6, the room to haul my consignment finds, and longevity make this a great value. Plus , it's cute"

10 years now & still Extremely Reliable!

By on Saturday, June 22, 2013

Pros: "No Major Maintenance issue's, easy to drive"

Cons: "Minor Window regulator issue"

"I purchased this vehicle 10 years ago new & have not had a single major issue. I can't say that about any other vehicle I've owned. It's been so reliable, easy to drive convenient for space etc. Minor issue is the window regulators have broke a few times but I consider this a minor issue."

i love my jeep!

By on Thursday, July 19, 2012

Pros: "great reliability"

Cons: "poor gas mileage"

"I am the epitome of a proud jeep owner! i have been driving this car for six years (was my parents before) and it still runs beautifully. i am a recent college grad and learned to drive with this car. I plan to drive this until I graduate law school!"

272,000 and still going strong.

By on Sunday, November 27, 2011

Pros: "Fun to drive, easy access, plenty of room."

"We bought this Liberty new with 8 miles on it. We have put 272,000 miles on it so far and it is still going strong. Of course last year we wound up putting a new alternator, water pump, and starter switch on it but nothing major. I think that is pretty good for a vehicle with that many miles on. At 240,00 miles we took it to Indiana with out a worry. A great vehicle that I would recommand to anybody. People think it is newer then 2003 because we keep it so clean and they are amazed at the millage. Have fun with yours."

Good vehicle

By on Saturday, August 11, 2007

"I have really loved my Liberty. It could have a bit bigger of a back seat, with the wheel wells not so close to where you need to get in/out. The only "problem" that I have had is the occasional hydroplaning and spinning out when the road starts to get wet. My gas mileage has been pretty good for a SUV, I usually get right at about 20 mpg. It's fun to drive."

LOVE MY CRD

By on Thursday, July 19, 2007

"I have a 2006 CRD (4 cylinder diesel). I absolutely love it, and would buy one all over again. Tight turning radius, good ride, very good visibility for driver, pretty spacious for a small SUV, flexible usage with rear-fold-down seats (1/3-2/3). Tow package is great and the diesel does pretty well on mileage (I get from 22-27). My mileage does drop when towing of course depending on the load. Even has decent leg room in the back seats. I was a little disappointed with Jeep in that this vehicle has had 3 recalls, but the Jeep dealer took care of them all and I had no problem. Apparently Jeep only made the Liberty in the CRD for two years, and I understand they sold beyond expectations. I absolutely love mine and would highly recommend the CRD. Oil changes are expensive with 00-40W Mobil One synthetic, but I hope to get that back in longevity. LOVE MY CRD!"

By on Thursday, July 12, 2007

"Bought a top of the line Liberty '02 second hand with around 20k on it. So far I've put another 35K on it and the car runs perfectly. Solid and agile car. Turning radius is much smaller than PT cruiser, for example, which is small car in comparison. And Jeep is a 4 wheel drive. Only complaints that I have are the hig gas consumption and regurlar brake pad replacements."

Overall Great, Poor Seat Fabric, Window Issue

By on Tuesday, April 10, 2007

"The car handles great and is very comfortable. Folding rear seat allows large items. The fabric on the seat very EASILY STAIN with as little as a water drip. Had problem with the driver's window "falling off the track". Had to have it serviced twice and a separate track put in due to design flaw. Overall great, fun vehicle, despite irritation from window and seats."