2003 Jeep Liberty

7.9

Based on 1320 Ratings for the 2002 - 2007 models.

We have bonded.

By on Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Pros: "A champion on slick ice and snow."

Cons: "Burns a lot of gas."

"I originally thought this was a not quite up to speed. Over the years I have learned to really enjoy and respect this car. It loves ice and snow. It has been reliable and not needed an a lot of repairs. We have 160,000 miles on it and plan to go over 200,000. I am even thinking about buying another one or similar someday. Some people don't think the Liberty is a real Jeep, you don't know what you are missing. My primary negative issue is the mileage. It may dream of 20/mpg but it is doubtful it will ever get there."

Very Dependable

By on Monday, August 29, 2016

Pros: "easy handling, stout power, great center of gravit"

Cons: "NONE"

"I have owned this car for over 10 years. She has been the best vehicle. We have over 265000 miles and I have had to have the transmission rebuilt. Any other repairs have been minor and very few and far between. I bought this Jeep when my daughter started Kindergarten, and she is actually looking forward to it being hers in a few months when she gets her driver's license. This vehicle has held up well and still looks and drives great!"

Jeep Liberty 2004

By on Tuesday, December 16, 2008

"I now have 125,000 miles on my 2004 Liberty Limited (Bought new) and it is as strong as ever. Still have the original brake pads on! The only problem I have had was when the Jeep was 4 years old at 116,000 mile I had to replace the driver side power window cable. On the interstate I get 23 MPG (2WD/V6/Auto) and average 21 MPG mixed."

Won't settle for less

By on Monday, August 13, 2012

Pros: "Spacious, affordable repairs, great in snow!"

Cons: "I honestly can't think of any."

"Hello, I have owned my 2003, unlimited sports, 4x4 for over six years now. I have accumlated over 200,500 miles and it still goes strong. The motor has recently started knocking, but this is too be expected. The only other two problems I have had is (hope I spell this right), sham-calf sensor and (which was around $25 to repair with lifetime warranty) and that thing that holds your cold air, has a fan. I don't know what it is, but it cost $140 to repair (I got the part from a junk yard). That is the only two expensives, besides breaks, tires, oil changes. The handling had always been wonderful, perfect in the snow. Spacious for road trips, easily fit my three kids and 125 lb. dog. I am going to get the motor rebuilt in the next year,I plan on buying a new one for myself and give my other one to one of my children. I do not plan on buying any vehicles other than Jeep Liberty's for the remainder of my life. Great suv!! I give it a 10 all the way. (Was going to upload a picture, but all I have. have my children in them. But its just like the picture above, but black)."

great vehicle

By on Friday, November 14, 2008

"I have a 2005 Liberty. It is the perfect size SUV for those wanting the benefits of an SUV with a vehicle that is a breeze to handle in crowded parking lots or busy city streets. It sits high off the ground, plows through snow better than 4x4 trucks I've owned, and is generally very comfortable. The only downside is gas mileage is right around 20-21 mpg. Great car, will keep mine till it dies."