2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee

8.3

Based on 381 Ratings for the 2011 - 2018 models.

Not ready for the consumers. Not worth the $

By on Saturday, March 14, 2015

Pros: "Comfort, style and function"

Cons: "Monthly service visits and noxious exhaust smell"

"I purchased a 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland Eco-Diesel about a year ago and have been in and out of the shop once a moth over this last year getting the CEL reset and parts replaced and DEF fluids drained and refilled half way. At this point I would tell anyone who thinks that they want a Jeep Eco-Diesel to take their money elsewhere."

Very unhappy consumer! Last Jeep I'll ever buy!

By on Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Pros: "Looks nice, but that's it."

Cons: "Transmission problems constantly"

"It was bad enough that my brand new Grand Cherokee was leaking oil as soon as I brought it home (which ended up needing a full axle replacement). Now the transmission is having problems over and over again at only 6,000 miles. Shifting is horrible and out of sync. I don't even like driving it and can't wait to get a different vehicle. I should have stuck with Ford. Had my F-150 for 4 years and not a single problem."

too much road noise

By on Monday, April 20, 2015

Pros: "0"

Cons: "not like my 04"

"too many recalls dealer not having parts"

My third Grand Laredo; much improved

By on Monday, August 17, 2015

Pros: "Better seats, ride height and rear bench room"

Cons: "V6 Take off not as responsive as previous models."

"I'm a jeep guy, been driving them for decades. In addition to three CJ's (still have the 86 I'm rebuilding), and two grand wagoneers, this will be my third Grand Cherokee with the Laredo package. I favor the Grands for everyday, on-road with some trail use, primarily for my wife and kids and safe travel in snowy conditions. I would never take these out 'muddin'. My first was a 98, a solid little wagon with thickly padded seats and a very responsive in-line six. Small and light for it's size, it was great off-road. I put 130k on it without issue, (gave it my Son). I then purchased a 2005, I was not crazy about the V6, but it was quick and responsive. Nor was I crazy about the Diamler SKU that made parts/labor much more expensive. Lots of cheap plastic components that broke and were expensive to replace/repair. The rear bench lacked room/padding and was useless for long trips, (it's not fun taking the minivan on vacation). I blew a head gasket at 110k, drove it to 129k and traded the 2005 in for a post-leased 2012 with 48k miles in practically new condition. With the 2012, I was quickly impressed with the heavily padded seats (like my '98) and the much improved rear bench (to the kids approval). There were many improvements/organization under the hood, (and moving the battery inside the cabin to reduce corrosion was a plus). I also liked the improved ride height, it's more like a truck. The improved interior head room is also noticeable and nice over the 2005. My only gripe is that the V6, from a take-off, is not as responsive as the previous two models, (giving it lower marks in my book). Otherwise, the ride is much improved, (more car like than truck like with previous models). The Nav/Entertainment panel is confusing to my wife,(read the manual, hun). Overall, I'm confident that Jeep has done much to raise the bar in terms of comfort,(as expected of the Grands) to provide another vehicle that will, (hopefully like the '98 and '05) outlive it's payments and be a joy to keep for many years to come."

I call it my boy because I really like it.

By on Monday, May 9, 2016

Pros: "fun to drive"

Cons: "ouch price but so are all"

"It rides good and handles good for a jeep. It acts like a young kid most of the time. Wanting to get up and run fast and over the top of things. Now mind you, I'm 68 yrs old and no speed demon. It has off road 2 and I have used it several times out on the country where we live. All and all it is a great machine but it came with a great price tag too! Do I like it...YES.....would I get rid of it....NO.....would I buy it again...tough question, because of the price only!"