2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee

8.3

Based on 384 Ratings for the 2011 - 2018 models.

Great SUV for the money

By on Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Pros: "Ride, comfort, convenience and safety features"

"Before you spend 60000 on a BMW, Mercedes or Land Rover, take a look at this premium vehicle. Great ride and comfort with high end amenities for 2/3 the cost of the high end luxury market. A great vehicle. In 1 year of ownership we had only one minor problem that the dealer was able to rectify. I highly recommend this vehicle. Good job Chrysler!"

Love this Jeep!

By on Sunday, March 12, 2017

"I have had old jeeps (cj-7, Cherokee, 2004 Grand Cherokee, and the Commander). This was my favorite jeep - loved everything about it. The way it drove everyday and the way it handled snow and rain. Loved the look and the interior. Was in an accident in this jeep and it handled extremely well."

best vehicle ever

By on Friday, December 9, 2011

"EXCELLENT NOTHING TO COMPLAIN ABOUT"

Best Vehicle I Have Owned!

By on Monday, October 17, 2016

Pros: "Off road capabilities but handles like a car"

Cons: "Needs more storage and a cell phone holder"

"I purchased this vehicle brand new due to the looks of the new body style. But what has amazed me is the overall performance. It's an SUV that handles like what an SUV should, but it rides like a car. Very quiet smooth ride. I have the V6 motor and I get awesome gas mileage for an SUV. Overall I would rate this vehicle an 8 out of 10. The only few things I would have changed is more cup holders and a great place to hold your cell phone. By the way, I have had zero issues with my Jeep. Outstanding quality."

Just Fantastic

By on Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Pros: "Refined yet rugged, craftsmanship"

Cons: "Wish the diesel was more widely available"

"We did out homework and tested our numerous competitors, the Explorer, 4Runner, amd Pilot... but none compared quality to price ratio. This is my third Grand Cherokee and the best yet. The quality is outstanding on the limited. It has every little detail you would find in a luxury SUV. Performance wise it handles well, and the power and fuel economy are very good. We could not be happier with this vehicle and plan on holding onto it for a long time."

Awesome SUV for the price

By on Friday, October 20, 2017

Pros: "Powerful and looks super stealthy"

Cons: "Soft steering and some blind spots"

"Ive owned the 2018 Grand Cherokee Overland High Altitude for 2 weeks. I was a previous owner of a 2014 modified Wrangler Sahara. While I love both vehicles, I was looking for something with a little more power, better on the highway, while still providing 4x4 capability. The Grand Cherokee is powered by 7 different computers, which I was surprised so I decided to go with a 75k mile/6year warranty as Ive heard some of those systems can be costly to repair down the road. With all of the advancements with technology in can be kind of overwhelming, but it is definitely starting to grow on me and Im enjoying the 17 speaker sound system, sensors and other technology. I opted for the V-8 for more power and Im enjoying driving more with Sport package on. Its extremely powerful and comfortable and Im more excited to drive on the highway as the Wrangler was pretty rough. So far Its been an awesome ride!"

Very enjoyable vehicle

By on Saturday, September 9, 2017

"This is my second Jeep Grand Cherokee and love it. I only wish Jeep would provide an extended length style- Take the Durango and put the Jeep logo and drive train in it. Secondly- get rid of the stop/go technology- or provide a way to turn off permanently. Pain in the... Third- get rid of the paddles- save them for the SRT."

Best vehicle ever

By on Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Pros: "excellant vehicle"

Cons: "I wish it had heated leather seats"

"This vehicle has been awesome to own. I have enjoyed driving it, suited my needs for towing a trailer for my crafting business. Lovely in bad weather as well"

good service

By on Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Pros: "A great built car"

"I had a problem with a slight bucking or hesitation when climbing hills, a quick fix via compuer by mey dealer fixed this and it's smooth now. A very comfortable driver that looks good and has all the options I need."

Great Jeep!

By on Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Pros: "Design, ride comfort, gas mileage."

Cons: "Nothing so far."

"Solid ride and great gas mileage. Huge improvement over the previous V6 engine option."

By on Friday, October 21, 2011

"This is my first Jeep. Very solid and quite frankly a "tank". The unibody cage of the vehicle is solid as I do not hear any outside noises except from my radio playing inside. Safety is number one for this SUV. It rates 5 stars and has multiple airbags to include shoulder and shin airbags. Its standard that way not an option. What 2011 SUV have you heard of have airbags for the shins and shoulder w/o paying for anything extra. Nice deal. I have an Overland Summit. ;)"

Love my Jeepney!

By on Saturday, September 3, 2011

"I purchased this vehicle with 40 miles on it in April (have had it now for 5 months.) I absolutely love, love, love it! The ride is comfortable and there's lots of room (although hubby says he can't lay his golf clube horizontally like he did in our old SUV.) The only con I can think of is that the transmission jerks a little at times. The next time I get an oil change at the dealer, I'll have them hook it up to the computer. I bought the 85,000 mile extended warranty. It's difficult to find a 4-wheel drive because everything as gone to AWD. I looked at several vehicles, but wanted the 4-wheel drive because I believe it goes better snow. All in all, I couldn't be more pleased and highly recommend the new Jeep Grand Cherokee!"

Nice design, comfortable and fun to drive.

By on Saturday, June 25, 2011

Pros: "Fun to drive, very solid and safe feeling."

Cons: "Wish all functions were voice controlled like the Ford Edge."

"Fun to drive and solid. We love it. We have a Wrangler and owned Grand Cherokee's in the past. This is the best by far!!!"

Great GC

By on Thursday, April 28, 2011

"This is my first JEEP and I couldn't be happier! I purchased the black on black overland w/ the 5.7 HEMI. Do not really need the HEMI, but it gives you that extra punch! Very smooth ride, and great in the snow. Average about 16mpgs mix city/highway. Love my JEEP GC!"

Out of the Park

By on Monday, April 25, 2011

"Jeep hit this one "out of the park". This is my 7th Jeep and it is truly amazing. Can't wait to get in it and drive it after work. I compare it to my partners Lexus 460. Every option one could ask for. My only complaint is that Jeep shoud provide a better owners manual."

Simply the BEST

By on Monday, April 18, 2011

"I have been a Jeep fan for a long time and already had a 2007 Wrangler Unlimited before purchasing my 2011 Grand Cherokee. All I can say is WOW. This thing is simply amazing. I have the Overland model, which will do everything but cook you breakfast. The heated and cooled leather seats are top notch. The ride quality is as nice as they come. I can't really think of a way to improve on this Jeep. Oh yeah, the HEMI is awesome!"

By on Wednesday, April 6, 2011

"Car value w/ std equipment, included options, styling, etc far exceeds Lexus RX350 and RX450H. $15K less than equivalent Land Rover... dealer used car lot filled w/ Lexus Rx350s, BMW X5s and a few Land Rovers.. testimonial to value Jeep Overland offers and market it has already captured ! Car in short supply...lucky to find one in color I wanted !!"

Jeep Tastic

By on Monday, March 14, 2011

"I spent a lot of time researching my next vehicle, I looked at Ford, Chevy, Honda, Toyota etc.. etc.. test drove many of them and just didn't do it for me not to mention "no offense ladies" but everything seemed to be geared towards women, I was just about to give up and then I went to the auto show and watched the Jeeps in action test drove the Grand Cherokee and it was a match after the first 5 minutes made a deal and took her home. I enjoy everything about this vehicle the u connect was easy to pair up to my phone, it rides really nice yet has a rugged exterior with capabilities most other suvs cant match I plan on keeping this vehicle for a long time cant imagine being without it test drive it and you decide I think you will agree!"

All you could ask for in a Jeep

By on Monday, February 21, 2011

"I'd recommend the V8 5.7 (much more p/w ratio than the std) if you really want to be on the move. Get the Blind Spot Monitoring package."

this Jeep is awsome !!!

By on Monday, August 14, 2017

Pros: "awsome SUV"

"I have this car for over 3 years now with 49000k miles on, no issues of any kind. I use it to tow my jetski, work and whatever the Jeep is just cool like that."

Jeep Got It Right

By on Friday, August 13, 2010

"It seems that Chrysler finally got a vehicle right with this Jeep. I love my V8 Limited 4x4 and there are so many little touches that have gone into this vehicle, I have no major complaints about anything. It feels very well put together. My old GC (2001) was a good car but felt cheap and plastic inside. This car feels more like a BMW or an Audi. It drives wonderfully, and handles extremely well for such a large vehicle. I am almost looking forward to our first big snow to test out the four wheel drive. Best options: Keyless entry/start, huge sunroof, vented seats Areas for improvement: 6 speed transmission to help fuel economy, heads-up display, updated look and feel of navigation interface."

Best Cherokee yet

By on Thursday, February 21, 2013

Pros: "Styling interior and exterior"

Cons: "my wife always takes it"

"This is my 3rd Jeep Grand Cherokee, I absolutely love it. I've had the car since December 2011 its now Feb 2013, the car has only seen a mechanic during routine oil changes and inspections. The interior is classy with the faux wood dash, the interior lighting is perfect at night. The ride is much improved over prior jeeps while maintaining its off road capability. I live in Buffalo, snow has never been an issue with this truck. The V6 is capable and there's plenty of low end torque to get moving. Jeeps are great because they don't make you look pretentious, however they do not look out of place at a country club parking lot either. Perfect for everything. One issue i have is the push button start does not locate my key if my key is in the same pocket as my cell phone...I may just need a new battery, wife has never had this problem with her key."

I'm relatively satisifeid with this Jeep.

By on Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Pros: "Confortable, good in snow, Jeep styling."

Cons: "Dashboard noise, stiff suspension."

"This 2011 Grand Cherokee is comfortable and is a good highway cruiser. Dashboard noises are a disappointment in a fairly expensive vehicle. I average between 18 and 21 mpg which is OK considering the size and weight. A hard to resolve problem with a broken motor mount took several visits to the dealership- fixed under warranty. Don't buy one of these without an extended warranty!"

Update on my previous review from July

By on Thursday, December 5, 2013

Pros: "good looks inside and out. good gas mileage"

Cons: "electronic transmission shifter"

"I am updating my previous review from this past July. Back then I was very disappointed with the transmission in this vehicle. It slipped in lower gears when accelerating and it downshifted so hard that it would pull you forward in the seat when you were slowing down. I at the time had high hopes for loving this truck but was very disappointed. Today I took it back to the dealership where I bought it for a recall. I asked them to check the transmission also. I was made aware that there was a computer upgrade for the transmission which the dealer did. I am now pleased to say that this transmission shifts a lot smoother. The slipping has stopped as well as the hard downshifting. For the first time in the 7 months that I have owned this I am actually happy driving it. I had bought this in May when they first came out. I would assume the new ones already have this update done to them. I still don't like the electronic shifter. I am still missing the right gear at times when shifting. Before I had the tranny updated I was seriously considering getting rid of this but now I plan on keeping it. Overall I am now satisfied with this truck."

Update on my July 25 review

By on Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Pros: "Good gas milage for such a heavy suv"

Cons: "Don't like the default to econ on start up"

"If you have any problems with your Jeep FIRST contact customer service in Auburn Hills in Michigan and get a name and a case number BEFORE going to the dealership, this gets the dealerships attention. I had a problem with the Uconnect system, radio presets & navigation losing its mind. Eventually the system was replaced and updated, no problems to date. My other problem was the memory seats not setting to different drivers, after the dealership was unable to solve the problem my case manager and I had a 3 way phone discussion with a tech guy in Michigan we determined that drive # 1 and #2 MUST lock and unlock the suv using only THEIR key fob so the suv knows who the next driver will be an can set the seat position accordingly, do not use the "touch the door handle method" if you are going to use the seat recall feature. This is not explained correctly in any of the user guides or manuals. Unlike some of the revues I can only say that the customer service in Michigan, who were constantly calling me with updates, and on top of the situation, did a great job. The local dealership were great even when I had not purchased it from them"