2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee

8.3

Based on 313 Ratings for the 2011 - 2015 models.

Almost a Home-Run

By on Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Pros: "Exterior and Interior fit and finish, sound system"

Cons: "Shift knob, rear window doesn't open"

"Traded in 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited for the 2014 Summit. The redesign is nearly a home-run. The auto leveling feature is great when I have heavy items in back or on hitch. The adaptive cruise control on my first long trip was a real pleasure to use. The interior looks great and is very comfortable. In ECO mode, which vehicle defaults to when started, the shifting IS different than any other vehicle, but that's why a nearly 5000 lb vehicle can get such good gas mileage. You don't get something for nothing and if I want a more traditional or agressive shifting pattern, I just turn off ECO mode or put into SPORT mode. I do not like the 100% electric shift knob. I still hunt for "D" or "R" when making a quick Y turn. The UConnect software and touch screen could be quicker and did freeze up on me once, but in general is very easy to figure out. I don't like that they got rid of the seperately opening manual rear window since that was nice when transporting longer items (now cannot be opened seperately). Sound system is amazing and has so many options for music sources I'm still finding new ways to play music (XM radio, HD radio, regular FM, Aux input, CD player, BlueTooth streaming music,etc..)."

Very Reliable and Safe Vehicle

By on Thursday, July 26, 2012

Pros: "Fun daily driver vehicle, good looking SUV"

Cons: "A/C switch on steering also"

"Excelent ride, interior comfort, good gas mileage, engine sound like a lot., so far very good service and NO trips yet for warranty services. U connect is a plus"

great value

By on Saturday, April 27, 2013

Pros: "comfortable/well appointed interior, smooth ride"

Cons: "ECO drive shifting (5.7L) is noticeable"

"We had a fully loaded 2004 Tahoe LT (5.3L) and were looking to step down in size a bit. After test driving several mid-size SUVs including the GMC Acadia, Honda Pilot, Nisan Pathfinder, Toyota Highlander we decided on the 2013 Grand Cherokee. Test drove both the 3.6L and 5.7L HEMI models, and opted for the power of the 5.7L HEMI. Have gotten 17+ city and over 22 MPG highway consistently. The GC Overland's overall handling, ride, power, and standard features are what sold us."

Best SUV on the Market!

By on Friday, May 25, 2012

Pros: "Looks, comfort, smooth ride, features, versatility"

Cons: "May be heavy cargo door for some."

"I have owned this vehicle for one year. I am not an easy customer to please, I have lots of demands and am a pretty high maintenance type of person. I absolutely love everything about this vehicle. I have also been very pleased with the gas mileage, getting 23-24 average which for a powerful V6 is great. Also, hauled our snowmobile trailer with two sleds like nothing. I love the keyless entry and ignition, great for busy lifestyle. LOVE the jeep. Would recommend to anyone."

Great Vehicle

By on Monday, April 30, 2012

Pros: "sharp, high comfort, good handling"

Cons: "mpg"

"This vehicle has great presence on the road. Looks outstanding and has plenty of power even in the V6 model. The fuel mileage would be the only weak point, but you have to expect that with a SUV."