2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee

8.3

Based on 374 Ratings for the 2011 - 2017 models.

I love Jeep

By on Tuesday, October 26, 2010

"I always drove GM suv's, This is my first Jeep and I"m very impressed with the way it drives. I test drove the GMC Acadia and was not impressed, I felt like I was driving a oversized station wagon."

Best SUV for the MONEY, No Doubt!!

By on Monday, December 15, 2014

Pros: "comfortable, reliable, fun, and attractive"

Cons: "none that come to mind"

"Couldn't be happier. Over the past several years this SUV has maintained attractive styling, it's very comfortable for long trips and plenty of room for most anything you need to transport. Good leg room in the back and lots of adaptability with the interior. The upgraded sound system was worth every penny and I've had zero issues with reliability. Highly recommend this Jeep to anyone!"

My is a lemon I'm trying to get Michigan HQ

By on Monday, October 10, 2011

Cons: "Dealer, sea view jeep, in nj is washing their hand"

"My car has had electronic problems since it was 1 week old. Dealers says I need to deal with Michigan HQ if I don't think numerous repairs are fair. The car cost $35,000 and I have a 5 year loan on it. It has only 8700 miles on it and is unreliable. I hope Michigan comes through because based on the reviews it is normally a great car."

Update on my Nov19-2013 revue

By on Saturday, June 20, 2015

Pros: "Great ride and the size is about right"

Cons: "Default to economy"

"I have now just turned over 20K, not many by any standard, without any problems since the last revue. I use the sport mode most of the time otherwise it will bog down if you need a quick take off. There have been a lot of recalls so many in fact that I have had complimentary oil changes from Chrysler, it seems to be getting better with age. The gas calculator is not very accurate. I like the 25 gallon gas tank. The price has gone up drastically in the 27 months I have owned mine which is a limited, I can't see paying the extra for ones above the limited."

Looks great, comfortable and spacious Just awesome

By on Saturday, December 27, 2014

Pros: "Great vehicle"

Cons: "Volume of pesky recalls"

"I would recommend this vehicle to everyone, next time will go with the 4wd option."

love it great ride and handling

By on Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive"

Cons: "wish it had more storage"

"had car almost a year. No Problems so far Rides and handles great."

Cancelled delivery of my 2014 Grand Cherokee

By on Monday, October 21, 2013

I want this car

Pros: "Great looks, comfortable, roomy"

Cons: "Questions of reliability"

"I was to pick a 2014 Summit the other day but the night before I started reading all the troubles consumers were having and had to cancel. There seemed to be no clear answer to my questions regarding these problems from the dealer other than software problems. I really like the features and looks of this vehicle. If the problems weren't there it would be in my garage right now. Anyone know if there are solid fixes in sight? Or, should I start looking else where."

84,000 Miles in 2.5 Years! Fantastic

By on Thursday, February 16, 2017

Pros: "Great layout, stylish, reliable, comfortable"

Cons: "gas mileage"

"I have driven my Summit through blizzards, snow covered roads, roads that were covered in deep water and never has it let me down. I drive around 35k miles a year in the Jeep and the only maintenance other than oil changes, I have ever had to do is replace a sensor. The styling is great, I can tow things with it, the ergonomics are the best in any vehicle I have ever been in. My only complaint is the gas mileage. I own the Penstar V6 and it should get 17 MPG City 24 Highway, but though 95% of my miles are highway I only average 17.5 mpg. Far short of the 24 that is advertised. Though I do drive 5 MPH over the speed-limit so generally at 75 MPH."

Fantastic vehicle.

By on Thursday, June 5, 2014

Pros: "Lots of gadgets, comfortable, love the Adaptive Cr"

Cons: "No room for golf clubs sideways like the older one"

"We love this GC Overland. I only have 1 gripe so far. My old 2008 GC would fit 4 sets of Golf Clubs sideways. This 2014 is about 6 inches narrower in the rear storage area. Cannot even lay 1 set down sideways. Otherwise it is great and with the 6 cyl is getting overall right at 22MPG. Not bad for a 5000lb. vehicle."

Downsized from a Chevy Tahoe LT to a Laredo E

By on Monday, May 19, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, handles well."

Cons: "Siruis sattelite radio vs XM. Like XM much better"

"Traded in my 2007 Chevy Tahoe LT for a 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee with 16,000 miles on it. I thought I would be disappointed with the smaller size vehicle and I am not. Love the ride, the handle and the room that I have in this vehicle. The gas mileage is awesome since I drive the Parkway to and from work. I am averaging about 20 to 22 miles per gallon according to my fuel economy monitor which is about 7 miles per gallon better than my Tahoe. Love the basic Laredo E package and glad the I don't have bells and whistles on this vehicle. The bluetooth allowed me to pair my phone which is an option I didn't have before. Glad I made the trade--love the vehicle."

EXCITING

By on Monday, October 17, 2011

Pros: "SUPER VALUE"

"FIRST NEW VEHICLE IN A VERY LONG TIME THAT I HAVE CONSIDERED TO BE A TRUE MASTERPIECE. JEEP SHOULD BE CONGRADULATED ON FINALLY TAKING A FLAGSHIP VEHICLE AND MAKING IT LUXURIOUS ENOUGH TO COMPETE WITH EVERYTHING OUT THERE... I BOUGHT THE 70TH ANNIVERSARY PACKAGE , WHAT A BARGAIN, LEATHER, NAV, BACK UP CAM, MOONROOF, UCONNECT MEDIA CENTER, HEMI, 42 GRAND? WHAT ELSE OUT THERE CAN COMPARE, ONLY A JEEP. 0IIII0 BE HAPPY, BE JEEPIN...."

BEST JEEP GRAND CHEROKEE ECO DIESEL.

By on Thursday, October 2, 2014

"I have my Jeep for 5 months just love it,I have no problem with my JEEP GC 2014. I looked at every competitors SUV on the market and believe this is the best value. I did test drive with 7 other car companies and felt this was the best drive. It feels like when you fly first class vs economy. I am proud to buy from a US brand company."

Excellent vehicle, great ride, multiple uses.

By on Monday, July 13, 2015

Pros: "Ride, Versatility, Capability in different cond."

Cons: "would benefit from improved voice recognition"

"I purchased this vehicle new. It is the first Jeep I have owned. It is a pleasure to own and drive. My wife likes the ride better than her Infinity M35x. The dealership has been excellent. I have done only routine maintenance. I build furniture and carry a lot of various materials, and tow a sailboat. It has a lot of capability with the v8, off road suspension, and tow packages. The navigation and backup camera as well as beepers are a big plus. I am confident that it is safe and can handle well with a load or without."

2016 Summit V8 Loaded

By on Thursday, February 11, 2016

Pros: "sports car with 4 wheel drive"

Cons: "wish it had a 3rd row seat"

"I have a 2016 with a HEMI, Platinum pack and Rear entertainment system. Holy smokes is all I am going to say. I drove this one first and then drove an Audi Q7, Acura MDX, BMW X6, and Lexus GX460. This has the most stuff/options for the lowest cost of them all and has the biggest engine and the nicest interior (The MDX interior is a close second and the Audi handling is a close second). I am loving it so far!"

2014 GC Limited with 3.0L Eco Diesel and QT II

By on Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Pros: "Fuel mileage, Gadgets, Ride, Audio system"

Cons: "None so far"

"I have not driven this automobile for very long, I will update this review later, if warranted. But my initial impression is only good. I am getting 25 MPG combined with the diesel engine and the performance is good. It is sometimes slow to accelerate when the 8 speed transmission is in a high gear, but that is easily overcome with more pressure on the accelerator. Shifts are very smooth and I am impressed by the fact that the transmission down shifts, on its own, when going down hill. As for the "costly" urea refills, you can get 2.5 gallons of the stuff at a well known big box store for $12. The DEF (diesel exhaust fluid) filler nozzle is next to the fuel nozzle which makes it easy to refill without going to the dealer, the DEF tank capacity is 8 gallons. This is my second Jeep, my first Jeep was a 2006 Commander, it had the 5.7L Hemi V8. I needed the towing capability, I was happy to see the 3.0L turbo diesel has the same towing capacity. I put 186000 miles on my Commander and the only repair I had to get, besides the normal consumables, was a replacement starter. The reliability of my Commander led me back to Jeep. I gave a 5 to the reliability rating only because I have driven the Grand Cherokee for only 350 miles so far (will update later)."

Horrible quality

By on Saturday, March 22, 2014

"Worst quality car ever. 8000 miles and so far we had to deal with: Random error messages on the screen Nav that thinks it is 100 yards from the current location most of the time Flickering backup camera Doors that the don't close unless the last one is slammed shut or a window is down Cruise control that turns off by itself Sticking buttons Voice control that cannot recognize anything"

My video

Cruise control failure

Thus far, a well built reliable vehicle

By on Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Pros: "decent fuel mileage 23ish combined"

Cons: "Nav system is difficult to configure"

"no issues with exception of a blown headlamp (warranty). no rattles or show of ware. Tech package is awesome and I continue to become more familiar with its capabilities."

Not ready for the consumers. Not worth the $

By on Saturday, March 14, 2015

Pros: "Comfort, style and function"

Cons: "Monthly service visits and noxious exhaust smell"

"I purchased a 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland Eco-Diesel about a year ago and have been in and out of the shop once a moth over this last year getting the CEL reset and parts replaced and DEF fluids drained and refilled half way. At this point I would tell anyone who thinks that they want a Jeep Eco-Diesel to take their money elsewhere."

Very unhappy consumer! Last Jeep I'll ever buy!

By on Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Pros: "Looks nice, but that's it."

Cons: "Transmission problems constantly"

"It was bad enough that my brand new Grand Cherokee was leaking oil as soon as I brought it home (which ended up needing a full axle replacement). Now the transmission is having problems over and over again at only 6,000 miles. Shifting is horrible and out of sync. I don't even like driving it and can't wait to get a different vehicle. I should have stuck with Ford. Had my F-150 for 4 years and not a single problem."

too much road noise

By on Monday, April 20, 2015

Pros: "0"

Cons: "not like my 04"

"too many recalls dealer not having parts"

My third Grand Laredo; much improved

By on Monday, August 17, 2015

Pros: "Better seats, ride height and rear bench room"

Cons: "V6 Take off not as responsive as previous models."

"I'm a jeep guy, been driving them for decades. In addition to three CJ's (still have the 86 I'm rebuilding), and two grand wagoneers, this will be my third Grand Cherokee with the Laredo package. I favor the Grands for everyday, on-road with some trail use, primarily for my wife and kids and safe travel in snowy conditions. I would never take these out 'muddin'. My first was a 98, a solid little wagon with thickly padded seats and a very responsive in-line six. Small and light for it's size, it was great off-road. I put 130k on it without issue, (gave it my Son). I then purchased a 2005, I was not crazy about the V6, but it was quick and responsive. Nor was I crazy about the Diamler SKU that made parts/labor much more expensive. Lots of cheap plastic components that broke and were expensive to replace/repair. The rear bench lacked room/padding and was useless for long trips, (it's not fun taking the minivan on vacation). I blew a head gasket at 110k, drove it to 129k and traded the 2005 in for a post-leased 2012 with 48k miles in practically new condition. With the 2012, I was quickly impressed with the heavily padded seats (like my '98) and the much improved rear bench (to the kids approval). There were many improvements/organization under the hood, (and moving the battery inside the cabin to reduce corrosion was a plus). I also liked the improved ride height, it's more like a truck. The improved interior head room is also noticeable and nice over the 2005. My only gripe is that the V6, from a take-off, is not as responsive as the previous two models, (giving it lower marks in my book). Otherwise, the ride is much improved, (more car like than truck like with previous models). The Nav/Entertainment panel is confusing to my wife,(read the manual, hun). Overall, I'm confident that Jeep has done much to raise the bar in terms of comfort,(as expected of the Grands) to provide another vehicle that will, (hopefully like the '98 and '05) outlive it's payments and be a joy to keep for many years to come."

I call it my boy because I really like it.

By on Monday, May 9, 2016

Pros: "fun to drive"

Cons: "ouch price but so are all"

"It rides good and handles good for a jeep. It acts like a young kid most of the time. Wanting to get up and run fast and over the top of things. Now mind you, I'm 68 yrs old and no speed demon. It has off road 2 and I have used it several times out on the country where we live. All and all it is a great machine but it came with a great price tag too! Do I like it...YES.....would I get rid of it....NO.....would I buy it again...tough question, because of the price only!"

had jeeps for years..this is my favorite..great

By on Monday, November 16, 2015

Pros: "fun to drive, it was expensive, worth it, built"

"love my jeep trail hawk! drives great off road or highway..no problems..best one so far"

LOVE MY JEEP

By on Sunday, March 8, 2015

"LOVE THE VEHICLE, HANDLES GREAT IN WINTER CONDITIONS, QUICK ACCELERATION AND HANDLING."

Impressive performance SUV at a reasonable cost

By on Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Pros: "Impressive on the road"

Cons: "Not spectacular gas mileage but expected w/470hp"

"Very impressive 5,000 lb.vehicle. Drives great on the highway and is even more impressive on the track. You definitely trade high mileage for performance characteristics but that is true for its competitors too. Great price for what this SUV can do on the road. Except for a weird shift lever its well designed and a blast to drive. I would purchase it again if I was starting over to search for an SUV."