2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee

8.3

Based on 381 Ratings for the 2011 - 2018 models.

GrandCherokee was the RIDE!

By on Sunday, November 14, 2010

"First some background: I have test driven a lot of cars including top spec Ford Edge and Lincoln MKT and MKX. These were particularly terrible and I recommend anyone to NOT get the Ford/Lincoln. Then on a whim I stopped by Michael Stead Walnut Creek and got great service, great price and a SURPRISINGLY GREAT GRAND CHEROKEE. The car is fast enough with decent pick up. It handles great, crooked bumpy California highways are whisper quiet and comfortable at 80 MPH. You want to go faster; no problem, just press that pedal to the right. The cargo has enough room for our four person family. The power steering is relaxed and direct. Love the handling. At low speed it really turns on a dime, easy parking! I am very picky with seats. These seats are very comfortable slightly bucketed seats with great lumbar support. The back seats are roomy and comfy. Both front and rear the seats hug you and hold you in place. No struggling to hold on during that tight cornering. The stereo sounds great with full bass and crisp vocals. The buttons are well laid out and it's easy to use. The voice commands work surprisingly well. The bluetooth phone interaction just worked. Normally my iPhone is terrible with bluetooth and nothing will do what it's supposed to. But this time in the Jeep I just turned it on and made a phone call. Brilliant! Bottom line: a great car for anyone really. Decent milage. And it's AMERICAN! (I'm new in this country, so I'm really happy that there is a great American choice)."

great suv

By on Friday, August 22, 2014

"only problem is the headlights,autolevel keeps moving headlights up and down,driving other drivers in front of me crazy"

GPS can be better

By on Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Pros: "Comfort, Quite, Affordable Luxury"

Cons: "GPS needs update"

"I just bought a 2014 Grand Cherokee Limited with optional 8.4 UConnect GPS. Overall, this is an excellent SUV, feels better than my wife's Mercedez ML350. The cabin is very quite and comfortable. I was playing with the GPS of the car and tried to input my work address in it, but the GPS doesn't take it as if the street number is not complete. I have been to that work address for more than 4 years and my other car's GPS can find it without problem. So I am not sure if I should carry a portable GPS with my Grand Cherokee in the future."

Great Ride - Beauty and a Beast

By on Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Pros: "Looks, extra features like seat adjustments,"

Cons: "Gas mileage"

"Been driving it for 4 months and overall absolutely love it. Great feel - comfortable, smooth ride, and Looks Great! Has the qualities and power of a beast, but is still elegant enough to not feel like a giant. I'm relatively short (5'4) and usually have trouble seeing over the front end of large vehicles, but with the Laredo I have good sight lines and no problem seeing (or having to get too close to the steering wheel in order to get high enough). Wish the gas mileage was a bit better, but i love the "get up" the engine has, so i guess it's a trade off. Another great feature is the reclining back seats - VERY comfortable back seat, with lots of room. Awesome ride, no regrets so far!"

Just Fantastic

By on Sunday, October 14, 2012

Pros: "Looks great, and performs great"

Cons: "Hard to spin the rear wheels"

"Had this vehicle for about 5 months, and there's not much to complain about. I use it daily, for commuting and pack it full of camping gear, a trailer, kids and the dog for the weekends. It tops out at 180km per hour, but I heard you can get around this with computer chips. I changed the air intake to a Performance Intake Kit and now get an awesome sounding Jeep! And a few more horse's too. Well worth the money. I haven't taken it off road much yet, did a few short muddy mountain tracks and had no problems at all. Took it down to the beach for some fun in the sand, and this is my only complaint. While trying to do some donuts the power gets distributed 50/50, so I couldn't get the back wheels spinning much and couldn't get a lot of speed. From a starting take off its a little slow, but after a few seconds it picks up speed real quick, and takes off! Its great if you're cruising on the highway and need to pass in a hurry it just drops down and you take off. I love this engine. It always pushes the passengers back into their seats. There's not much not to like abut this Jeep, I'm very happy with it, I had a Wrangler years ago and just fell in love with the Jeep brand. When you compare the Cherokee to others, its price, engine size, horse power, 4x4 capability and fuel efficiency, it really is out there own its own."