2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee

8.3

Based on 374 Ratings for the 2011 - 2017 models.

EXCITING

By on Monday, October 17, 2011

Pros: "SUPER VALUE"

"FIRST NEW VEHICLE IN A VERY LONG TIME THAT I HAVE CONSIDERED TO BE A TRUE MASTERPIECE. JEEP SHOULD BE CONGRADULATED ON FINALLY TAKING A FLAGSHIP VEHICLE AND MAKING IT LUXURIOUS ENOUGH TO COMPETE WITH EVERYTHING OUT THERE... I BOUGHT THE 70TH ANNIVERSARY PACKAGE , WHAT A BARGAIN, LEATHER, NAV, BACK UP CAM, MOONROOF, UCONNECT MEDIA CENTER, HEMI, 42 GRAND? WHAT ELSE OUT THERE CAN COMPARE, ONLY A JEEP. 0IIII0 BE HAPPY, BE JEEPIN...."

BEST JEEP GRAND CHEROKEE ECO DIESEL.

By on Thursday, October 2, 2014

"I have my Jeep for 5 months just love it,I have no problem with my JEEP GC 2014. I looked at every competitors SUV on the market and believe this is the best value. I did test drive with 7 other car companies and felt this was the best drive. It feels like when you fly first class vs economy. I am proud to buy from a US brand company."

Excellent vehicle, great ride, multiple uses.

By on Monday, July 13, 2015

Pros: "Ride, Versatility, Capability in different cond."

Cons: "would benefit from improved voice recognition"

"I purchased this vehicle new. It is the first Jeep I have owned. It is a pleasure to own and drive. My wife likes the ride better than her Infinity M35x. The dealership has been excellent. I have done only routine maintenance. I build furniture and carry a lot of various materials, and tow a sailboat. It has a lot of capability with the v8, off road suspension, and tow packages. The navigation and backup camera as well as beepers are a big plus. I am confident that it is safe and can handle well with a load or without."

2016 Summit V8 Loaded

By on Thursday, February 11, 2016

Pros: "sports car with 4 wheel drive"

Cons: "wish it had a 3rd row seat"

"I have a 2016 with a HEMI, Platinum pack and Rear entertainment system. Holy smokes is all I am going to say. I drove this one first and then drove an Audi Q7, Acura MDX, BMW X6, and Lexus GX460. This has the most stuff/options for the lowest cost of them all and has the biggest engine and the nicest interior (The MDX interior is a close second and the Audi handling is a close second). I am loving it so far!"

2014 GC Limited with 3.0L Eco Diesel and QT II

By on Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Pros: "Fuel mileage, Gadgets, Ride, Audio system"

Cons: "None so far"

"I have not driven this automobile for very long, I will update this review later, if warranted. But my initial impression is only good. I am getting 25 MPG combined with the diesel engine and the performance is good. It is sometimes slow to accelerate when the 8 speed transmission is in a high gear, but that is easily overcome with more pressure on the accelerator. Shifts are very smooth and I am impressed by the fact that the transmission down shifts, on its own, when going down hill. As for the "costly" urea refills, you can get 2.5 gallons of the stuff at a well known big box store for $12. The DEF (diesel exhaust fluid) filler nozzle is next to the fuel nozzle which makes it easy to refill without going to the dealer, the DEF tank capacity is 8 gallons. This is my second Jeep, my first Jeep was a 2006 Commander, it had the 5.7L Hemi V8. I needed the towing capability, I was happy to see the 3.0L turbo diesel has the same towing capacity. I put 186000 miles on my Commander and the only repair I had to get, besides the normal consumables, was a replacement starter. The reliability of my Commander led me back to Jeep. I gave a 5 to the reliability rating only because I have driven the Grand Cherokee for only 350 miles so far (will update later)."

Horrible quality

By on Saturday, March 22, 2014

"Worst quality car ever. 8000 miles and so far we had to deal with: Random error messages on the screen Nav that thinks it is 100 yards from the current location most of the time Flickering backup camera Doors that the don't close unless the last one is slammed shut or a window is down Cruise control that turns off by itself Sticking buttons Voice control that cannot recognize anything"

My video

Cruise control failure

Thus far, a well built reliable vehicle

By on Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Pros: "decent fuel mileage 23ish combined"

Cons: "Nav system is difficult to configure"

"no issues with exception of a blown headlamp (warranty). no rattles or show of ware. Tech package is awesome and I continue to become more familiar with its capabilities."

Not ready for the consumers. Not worth the $

By on Saturday, March 14, 2015

Pros: "Comfort, style and function"

Cons: "Monthly service visits and noxious exhaust smell"

"I purchased a 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland Eco-Diesel about a year ago and have been in and out of the shop once a moth over this last year getting the CEL reset and parts replaced and DEF fluids drained and refilled half way. At this point I would tell anyone who thinks that they want a Jeep Eco-Diesel to take their money elsewhere."

Very unhappy consumer! Last Jeep I'll ever buy!

By on Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Pros: "Looks nice, but that's it."

Cons: "Transmission problems constantly"

"It was bad enough that my brand new Grand Cherokee was leaking oil as soon as I brought it home (which ended up needing a full axle replacement). Now the transmission is having problems over and over again at only 6,000 miles. Shifting is horrible and out of sync. I don't even like driving it and can't wait to get a different vehicle. I should have stuck with Ford. Had my F-150 for 4 years and not a single problem."

too much road noise

By on Monday, April 20, 2015

Pros: "0"

Cons: "not like my 04"

"too many recalls dealer not having parts"