2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee

8.3

Based on 381 Ratings for the 2011 - 2018 models.

Reliable, great performance, sporty and attractive

By on Thursday, April 21, 2016

Pros: "Performance, interior, fun to drive and attractive"

Cons: "No third row option"

"I leased the 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Altitude and just decided to buy it because 2016 Altitudes (now called High Altitudes) are 20k more expensive with some features I don't really need. I love this car. I like sport cars and I have mostly owned BMW's. I enjoy driving this one a lot which is very important for me. Its performance is very good, no issues at all. The Altitude package makes it really sporty and the interior is simple and beautiful. Leather and suede seats are comfortable and the 8-speed transmission makes it a smoother ride for a Jeep. Sport mode is very appreciated. Some people complained about the shifter being confusing and Jeep decided to change it for the 2016's... however, I had not issues at all with it since I'm already used to driving electronic shifters from previous BMW's and Audi's. Great in snow! Front passengers perspective is like that of the Range Rover Sport."

2016 Summit V8 Loaded

By on Thursday, February 11, 2016

Pros: "sports car with 4 wheel drive"

Cons: "wish it had a 3rd row seat"

"I have a 2016 with a HEMI, Platinum pack and Rear entertainment system. Holy smokes is all I am going to say. I drove this one first and then drove an Audi Q7, Acura MDX, BMW X6, and Lexus GX460. This has the most stuff/options for the lowest cost of them all and has the biggest engine and the nicest interior (The MDX interior is a close second and the Audi handling is a close second). I am loving it so far!"

2014 GC Limited with 3.0L Eco Diesel and QT II

By on Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Pros: "Fuel mileage, Gadgets, Ride, Audio system"

Cons: "None so far"

"I have not driven this automobile for very long, I will update this review later, if warranted. But my initial impression is only good. I am getting 25 MPG combined with the diesel engine and the performance is good. It is sometimes slow to accelerate when the 8 speed transmission is in a high gear, but that is easily overcome with more pressure on the accelerator. Shifts are very smooth and I am impressed by the fact that the transmission down shifts, on its own, when going down hill. As for the "costly" urea refills, you can get 2.5 gallons of the stuff at a well known big box store for $12. The DEF (diesel exhaust fluid) filler nozzle is next to the fuel nozzle which makes it easy to refill without going to the dealer, the DEF tank capacity is 8 gallons. This is my second Jeep, my first Jeep was a 2006 Commander, it had the 5.7L Hemi V8. I needed the towing capability, I was happy to see the 3.0L turbo diesel has the same towing capacity. I put 186000 miles on my Commander and the only repair I had to get, besides the normal consumables, was a replacement starter. The reliability of my Commander led me back to Jeep. I gave a 5 to the reliability rating only because I have driven the Grand Cherokee for only 350 miles so far (will update later)."

Horrible quality

By on Saturday, March 22, 2014

"Worst quality car ever. 8000 miles and so far we had to deal with: Random error messages on the screen Nav that thinks it is 100 yards from the current location most of the time Flickering backup camera Doors that the don't close unless the last one is slammed shut or a window is down Cruise control that turns off by itself Sticking buttons Voice control that cannot recognize anything"

My video

Cruise control failure

Thus far, a well built reliable vehicle

By on Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Pros: "decent fuel mileage 23ish combined"

Cons: "Nav system is difficult to configure"

"no issues with exception of a blown headlamp (warranty). no rattles or show of ware. Tech package is awesome and I continue to become more familiar with its capabilities."