ZIP code

2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee

8.0

Based on 978 Ratings for the 2005 - 2010 models.

Bad Transmission

By on Thursday, January 24, 2008

"I bought my 07 JGC new in July 07. Almost immediately I began to notice transmission shudder at about 38 mph. This is when the vehicle shifts into 5th gear. It has been in the shop several times and just today I have been told by Jeep that this is an issue with the transmission but they have no plans to correct this. I love the vehicle but they apparently have no plans to fix an obvious problem. The dealer has been great. Too bad I can't say the same for the manufacturer."

Great vehicle

By on Tuesday, October 16, 2007

"We have had this jeep for 10 months. So far there has only been one minor glitch. Sometimes the automatic window on the front passenger side acts funny. The one touch will only allow the window to roll up so far then it will go back down. It seems like the motor in that window is not working right. Other than that, we absolutely love it. The quality of the cloth seats is not the best, but that is why you pay extra for leather. Plenty of room. The drive is very smooth and very quiet. Our chocolate lab would kill us if we traded this for something with better mpg, so we will have to deal with that. I would advise anyone looking in this market to give this jeep a chance. We really are impressed with the quality. Audio input for your ipod is a nice bonus at no extra charge. Full size spare is very nice to have as well."

By on Tuesday, September 25, 2007

"I absolutely love my Jeep and I recommend it to anyone that will listen! It's roomy, and the back seats go down easily and quickly if I need to haul anything large, yet it gets surprisingly good gas mileage!"

Best Ever

By on Wednesday, September 19, 2007

"Very nice car. Rides wonderful and is easy to drive and park for a Sports utility vehicle. I'm emensly pleased with it!"

My jeep is my baby!!!!!

By on Wednesday, September 19, 2007

"Ive never owned a jeep before until i got mine in february. I love it so much."

ok jeep

By on Tuesday, August 28, 2007

"cloth seats are junk...Even water makes a stain. Loud road noise....Windows go up and down many times when you try to close them."

By on Thursday, August 16, 2007

"of all the 4x4's that I have owned in my 33 years of driving this is the BEST in snow that I have ever had the pleasure to park in my garage! Im more than impressed with the mileage that I get both intown and on the highway. way better than my little 4x4 pickup ever was. Now if only JEEP would make a midsize 4x4 pickup... I'd be a happy jeeper...."

hot suv

By on Tuesday, July 31, 2007

"i like everything about this jeep. but the power windows up front . i have alittle issue with. they are onetouch up,down. sometimes when i go to put the window up with the onetouch the window will stop then go back down and up a few times before i become frustrated and then will just hold the button to get it to work."

Excellent Choice!

By on Wednesday, July 25, 2007

"My Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited is the best vehicle choice I have ever made. It has excellent power with the hemi and has no trouble towing my 20' boat. When compared to my 05 Tahoe that I traded in, it is amazingly better! The driving is much more comfortable, the engine is much much quieter, and the vibrations that are caused by Michigan roads are a thing of the past. The cargo space is amazingly large when the backseat is folded down, it also has a great roof rack that will hold luggage for at least 4 people when traveling for more than a week. The gas milage is great on the highway. i am averaging 15mpg towing and 22mpg when I am not. This is a big difference from the Tahoe when I was maybe getting 10mpg towing and 15mpg when I was not. I also do not feel the weight of the boat when I accelerate or decelerate as when I did with the Tahoe. Jeep has created an amazing tow system that gives me the added power when I need it. The two tone leather is extremely stylish and the wood inserts are a great touch. Everyone that rides in the jeep cannot believe that it is a Jeep when they enter the vehicle and they cannot stop talking about it when they exit. i have already converted 2 nonbelievers to the Jeep Grand Cherokee and hope that anyone that reads this will give it a shot when looking for a stylish comfortable ride."

I love this car.

By on Saturday, June 14, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive, hemi, lots of room"

Cons: "mpg, no aux input,"

"This is my first car and I love it. I wanted an SUV, something I could go on the beach with. This is a great first car or for a long timer in the car industry. The only downside is that I have a hemi and didn't realize the amount of gas I would be putting in every 5 days. Also, there is no aux input. Being 19 with an iPhone thats a major bummer. All in all I absolutely love my car!"

great vehicle

By on Saturday, March 15, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive"

Cons: "cheap floor material"

"love the leg room. a little disappointed in the quality of the floor material, had to have it replaced. but other than that, the can has run perfectly for the nine years that I've owned it. I would definitely consider buying another jeep."

Wonderful, dependable vehicle.

By on Sunday, February 16, 2014

Pros: "Handles extremely well, very tight"

Cons: "15-16 MPH"

"One owner car...has been the most reliable car I have owned. No major mechanical issues at all. Very pleased with the performance level of this vehicle!"

Good Value

By on Tuesday, September 24, 2013

"Good value, very reliable, awesome power, smooth and quiet. Tows my trailer easily. Very good in the snow."

Awsome and versatile

By on Thursday, July 18, 2013

Pros: "versitile performer"

Cons: "not the most ecconomical vehicle."

"So much power, and flexibility. Handles great and carries what ever you need. A true SPORT utility."

love my jeep

By on Sunday, July 7, 2013

"this is my 2nd jeep. the first one lasted us 13 years. I've owned the grand Cherokee for 2 years now. I love the jeeps and won't ever buy anything else. they are sturdy and reliable. we live in the mountains of WV and the jeeps are a popular vehicle here for good reason. love it love it."

My Beautiful Black Jeep

By on Saturday, July 6, 2013

Pros: "Great deal at the time, reliable ride ,safe ride."

Cons: "Gas mileage was only slightly better"

"I am a loyal Jeep Owner, and this Jeep is my second. I 'traded down' from a 'Limited' in 2009 because my 2004 needed a lot of work and there was a tax write off, and Dealers were doing their own 'cash for clunkers' deals. Although, the Limited was FAR from a 'clunker' , I wanted the tax write off for going from 8 to 6 cylinders. The new Jeep ,for me, was better. It is a far better ride, far better engineering, needed very little work and we ( my son and I) 'worked' it ALOT. When things get better for me I would love to buy a Jeep again, I will ALWAYS be a loyal "Jeep" girl."

This is a great car.

By on Thursday, May 9, 2013

"I had a 3 year lease and when the lease was up a decided to buy the car, I loved it so much. I sell real estate and live in an area with snow. I need a car that is reliable and will get me where I have to go. This car also hold its value really well. The only negative is the gas mileage....not great. I don't put a lot of miles on my car in one year so this is not an issue for me but could be if you drove a lot of miles."

Overall great vehicle

By on Thursday, January 17, 2013

Pros: "reliability, look, features, comfort"

Cons: "horsepower could have been better."

"I have owned several jeep products and always happy with every one I have owned. Jeep is a great product and don't know if I'd really consider driving anything else. My 2009 has been the best that I have had the pleasure to own. Only one area I considered a slightly lower rating. On a scale of 1-10, I'd rate the pickup/horsepower a 9. I support fuel efficiency but would have liked to see a more powerful engine. Look forward to my next purchase."

Nothing but trouble! It's a shame

By on Thursday, April 5, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive"

Cons: "In the shop too often, computer issues!!!!"

"Jeeps have always had a good name in my mind but this vechicle has made me curse the day we traded in our diesel Liberty for the upgraded diesel Overland- although the Liberty also had issues. We've had to replace multiple computer modules, the swirl cage,the alternator (due to a design flaw in the location design), the rear differential leaks chronically, it is poorly sealed so the Jeep is consistantly filled with dust, especially along the rear lift window seals. I can't remember all of the reasons it has been in the shop. The Overland had a high purchase price and we expected more out of it. On the plus side, the quadra -track (?) system is quite nice on dirt roads, especially when driving on sand. The Mercedes diesel engine is also nice with increased power and gas mileage over a gas engine. My theory is that many people live in cities, use predominately paved roads and buy Jeeps to have a fun toy on the weekends so they may not encounter these problems as frequently as a rural resident"

Great family car, roomy and confortable!

By on Friday, March 30, 2012

Pros: "Spacious, good for trips"

Cons: "Cost of fuel and mpg"

"The Jeep Grand Cherokee is a great, reliable car. Love the interior and exterior. My kids have plenty of room and there is enough space for toting all there toys in my trunk. Only negative: the cost of gas and mpg! It is terrible 16.2 mpg. Aside from that I love this vehicle!"

Best Vehicle Ever

By on Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive for sure! Hauls better than most."

Cons: "Gas milage"

"My Jeep has had incredibly little trips to the shop for repair. Honestly just the basics tune ups and what not. It tows no problem. The inside is nice a spacious. It is crazy reliable. I am seriously going to hate when I have to put this car out to pasture. They joke that JEEP stands for "Just empty every pocket" that hasn't been true for this one except for on the tires but that doesn't have much really to do with the car function."

Its my 4th Jeep and I Love It!

By on Thursday, March 15, 2012

Pros: "Luxury, great in any weather, sporty, fast, towing"

Cons: "Gas mileage, cargo space"

"The only 2 negatives I can think of is the gas mileage, which I knew before hand getting the HEMI, and the amount of cargo room in the rear is a little small. Other than that, what an awesome vehicle."

Can't beat the Grand Cherokee

By on Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Pros: "always went where I pointed it, never had a proble"

Cons: "gas milage hurts the wallet a little at $4.00 a ga"

"My 2nd Grand Cherokee. Trading this in on a 3rd. 1st one went 120,000 with no problems, this one is at 135,000 with no problems. I don't think there is a better review for a car than to buy another one."

Best 4 navigating deep winter snow.

By on Saturday, February 4, 2012

Pros: "Good in snow. Comfy seating. Power Passenger Seat."

Cons: "Poor mileage. Poor interior lighting."

"I feel the jeep's high clearance, ABS brakes, stability control and good heater make it an excellent car for winter driving."

Best car I've ever owned!!

By on Monday, January 30, 2012

Pros: "Great value, fast, turns heads"

Cons: "MPG"

"This car is hands down the best I've ever owned. Not only is it one of the fastest cars around, it is comfortable, good in snow, and can haul most of materials for any project. Granted, I wish it got better gas mileage but that was not the point of buying this vehicle anyways. Turns heads wherever I go! Also, it is really a safe vehicle. I have been been hit twice, both times it kept me safe with no injuries. Cant say the same about the other drivers unfortunately."