2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee

8.0

Based on 978 Ratings for the 2005 - 2010 models.

I am not happy

By on Monday, October 29, 2007

"I don't know if I got a lemon or what. But my vehicle has had nothing but problems with the transmission. I have had it in the shop a total of 5 times now for the same thing. It has a miss in the transmission. I have had other Jeeps and never had any problems but I am overall not happy with my experience on this one at all."

Unreliable

By on Saturday, August 25, 2007

"27,000 miles and it spent almost two weeks in the shop. Plus, I had to fight for a rental! I've been complaining about the A/C since I've bought it and all they (Jeep) says is... "the computer says it's fine" Nothing performs better... period! Athough, they need to work at it's quality and reliability. I've owned three and they get worse, never again!"

Jeep Grand Cherokee

By on Monday, August 6, 2007

"Nice ride for a 4x4. Interior styling is a bit boring if you don't get any of the extras like the navigation system and auto climate control. 3.7L engine is a little sluggish but has enough power for day to day driving. I don't really recommend the 3.7L for the mountains… I suggest the V8 for you mountaineers! Gear changing if left in drive is excessive on steep mountain roads but this goes with any automatic vehicle. :o) There are a few rattles, but none to really complain about... it's a 4x4. Fuel mileage is absolutely terrible! The digital MPG gauge averages 16.5 MPG and has not gotten better over time as I had thought it would. The sun visors could use an extendable visor. Huge blind spot on drivers side when cornering around left-hand turns between the front/passenger window sections. When test driving make sure to take a left-hand turn and you will see what I mean. Overall rating of 4 out of 5, it is a nice looking vehicle and practical. If you got some extra money to dump into the Grand Cherokee buy the V8!"

GCL the Best

By on Thursday, July 19, 2007

"Bought new Dec. 04', Hemi 5.7 amazing performance. MPG avg. 15 city/ 21 highway (sometimes 23 MPG Hyw.) Drive daily 150 to 400 miles. No major mechanical problems, replaced starter at 86,000 mi. OEM less than $100+labor. Could'nt ask for a more dependable road car. I change oil & filter every 4000 miles. Original tires lasted 80,000 mi. Take care of your car and it takes care of you."

great overall!

By on Wednesday, April 9, 2014

"We've replaced 3 of the inside door handles, cheap plastic handles. vent clips have broken off of 2 vents. The push button dash info has rubbed off and can't be read any more. The back cargo pull handle broke. Very minor problems. owned for 4 yrs, comfortable ride."

Great car for the price.

By on Tuesday, March 25, 2014

I own this car

Pros: "Great price @ the time of purchase."

Cons: "expensive for replacement parts."

"This car has had these problems. The air conditioning had to be replaced. The motor for the windshield wiper had to be replaced. The two front window motors had been recalled. The ESP sensor goes on without a reason. It is badly insulated and noisy. The six cd changer had to be replaced. The front seatbelts had to be replaced."

i have simply loved my jeep.

By on Sunday, February 23, 2014

Pros: "reliable strong car"

Cons: "a blind side in mirrors"

"I cant believe its been 9 years with this jeep. When I first bought it in 2005 it was the first of the new jeeps made by Chrysler. It turned heads then and everyone asked me how I liked it. Well it has been a good truck and I hate to even think of parting with it you know sentimental memories and all. As my jeep got older maybe by the 7th year I did begin to experience mechanical issues not extremely major but costly. I will definetly try to buy another jeep . I am proud this is an American made car it is one of our best."

excellent SUV

By on Thursday, February 6, 2014

"Everyone told me not to buy this SUV; luckily didn't follow their advice....still running great"

Great Vehicle

By on Sunday, April 1, 2012

Pros: "looks good"

Cons: "no on-off switch for four-wheel drive just auto"

"reliable car, enjoy driving it, does great in the winter with four wheel drive. would like to get a newer one with less miles"

Love my Jeep!

By on Thursday, March 22, 2012

Pros: "runs like a scalded dog"

Cons: "plastic breaks"

"The interior of the doors have plastic and around the door openers are breaking."

Wonderful reliable vehicle and made in USA to boot

By on Friday, November 4, 2011

"This is my third jeep. They have been trouble free each time. Older nav system could be improved but wonderful car overall."

This thing rocks

By on Friday, September 9, 2011

Pros: "looks nice great 4x4"

Cons: "under powered v6 get the v8"

"love my grand cherokee I have put 42000 on it and not had a problem. Had only 25k on it when i bought it and i have driven from wisconsin to colorado four times and it does great in the mountains and the snow ive off roaded it a few times and does good no complaints!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Go buy one but spring for the v8 I have the v6 and it seems a little under powered but still works good for me"

First Jeep and won't be the Last

By on Monday, February 21, 2011

"2009 Bought brand new. 22,000 Miles and had no problems what so ever. I will only buy Jeep now. I love it. Upstate Ny snow is nothing for my Jeep. Really would love a 2011 because of the new style."

Jeep GC with Hemi

By on Monday, February 7, 2011

"By far the best Jeep I've owned (this is #3). I splurged for the Hemi engine and wouldn't change a thing. With a little over 90,500 miles, I have not had any major issues or recalls. Just your normal maintenence items, just as with any car if you take care of it...it will do the same. I spent a lot of time in my Jeep, driving for work, and I would have to be hard sold to change brands at this point."

LEMON

By on Wednesday, September 16, 2009

"I have a brand new 2009 Jeep with only 70 miles on it. I had this Jeep for only 3 weeks and out of that 3 weeks, i really only had about 1 week to enjoy. I needed a new transmission already. My car stalled out in the middle of a bad highway and almost got hit during rush hour by a semi. I'm bringing it back in for the same thing before something bad happens. They couldn't get it right the first time, lets try it again. I pretty much bought a refurbished Jeep!! LEMON????"

Groundbound Guided Missile

By on Sunday, January 4, 2009

"Love the power, the handling, and the brakes. At any speed, toe in the loud pedal, and it jumps like a scalded cat. Although it's a big, heavy, SUV, it turns in smartly and corners beyond my willingness to go. The brakes are RIGHT NOW, but not alarmingly so. You can modulate them without a lot of practice. More useful than most vehicles in this performance class, and the best value of anything comparable. Downsides are fuel mileage, ride, and a pretty mundane interior for a $40,000+ vehicle. We haven't seen 18 mpg on an interstate-only jaunt, even when trying to conserve fuel. On southern roads, free of frost heaves and serious potholes, the ride is firm, but tolerable. When we drove it through southern Michigan last summer on vacation, though, it qualified as cruel and unusual punishment. It's probably a bit loud for most people's tastes, we've added the Mopar (Corsa) cat-back exhaust and Mopar cold air intake kit, which add power at the expense of some noise. The tailgate glass shattered spontaneously on about the third or fourth closing - no warranty! Cost about $400 to replace. And the ultra-low front fascia is very susceptible to damage. A moment's inattention in a parking lot can be VERY expensive. I'm willing to live with the compromises, for the pure rush of driving it, but suspect that many would not."

Nice SUV

By on Saturday, December 13, 2008

"Great in the snow and comfortable on long trips. Had a problem at 25K miles with the rear differential, was in the shop for almost two weeks. That drove my "3" rating on reliability and quality."

Compare

By on Friday, September 19, 2008

"Compare other SUV's closer. Owned this jeep since new only 36k miles. Seats uncompfortable, too much plastic, annoying clicking in steering dealer having problems correcting, engine feels like it wants to die accelerating from a turn, dealer can't figure. Hasn't held its value. Overall mpg lucky at 14. I drive mostly city."

Fun Vehicle to drive!

By on Thursday, August 28, 2008

"Well I got this car used in the spring and it only had about 32K miles on it. I love driving it, take it to work and thats about it, lol. The only downside I see with this is about the same as any SUV. I drive 40 miles to work every day, so going back and forth from work and home it gets expensive, with gas and all. I've figured out that I basically avg 18 MPG with this Jeep. Doesn't seem that great, but it gets me from point A to point B! Lovely SUV!"

Love my Jeep

By on Sunday, August 17, 2008

"This is the second Jeep I have owned. I love this vehicle, it has never let me down. Since owning it I lived in Germany, Alaska, Michigan and Virginia. I drove it in Germany on the autobahn it always kept us with speed, never had a flat. From Alaska (with a full load and cargo uptop) down the Alcan, through Canada and back and forth through the states. This Jeep rocks, it handles ice, snow, rain, heat & distance rides. She's always kept me comfortable and safe in -20 degree weather to 100 degree heat. It performs, and keeps going. I gave a low rating for the vehicle because I paid $36,00 for it brand new, and is worth less than half, now. The maintenance has been low and Jeep always treats me like family no matter what dealership I stop at. Gas mileage is comparable for alot of cars on the market, so I don't really complain, it's the car I want with all the options, and gorgeous. I will always trust my Jeep, it takes care of me."

Worst Vehicle Ever

By on Friday, June 13, 2008

"I own the laredo Grand Cherokee, with 3.7L V6. I thought it would be almost economical specially with the gas prices, however, it turned out to give me almost the same miles per gallon I got on my H2 just after 9-12 months of ownership. The engine performance is very weak, when purchased you are told it has 210HP, after 6months of driving it goes down to about 160HP. Brakes are horrible, weight transfer isn't well designed or taken care in terms of suspension aspects. The height of the vehicle isn't completely the same through out the vehicle, if you take a look at one driving you can see the front axle wheels are lowered, while the rear wheel axle is slightly higher. Interior is a joke, not much headroom, not much legroom, not much electronics, and one might argue that its a base model, but for $35,000 you can get a much better vehicle on the market today. Off-Roading this vehicle is a trash can on wheels."

Buy It USed

By on Saturday, May 10, 2008

"I had a 1996 Grand Cherokee and rode it into the ground with $220,000 miles. I ended up with a 2005 GC limited with all the options for less than 20K! It even had navigation and the DVD palyer with two wireless headsets. I know GC loses value when you buy new but on the used car market it's a steal. Other SUV's of the same performace and size were a lot more expensive. The gas mileage is an issue but when you can get one of these for the price of subcompact the choice is easy. And this is very fast for an SUV..."

Very nice

By on Friday, April 18, 2008

"We have had our Jeep for a little over a year now and really like it. Very comforable- even on long trips. The V6 seems a little underpowered compared to the older cherokee w/ the inline 6, but it does alright. The ride is very smooth. We have had some major ice storms the last 2 winters and the AWD on this thing is unbelievable. It is almost impossible to spin a tire. Kinda takes all the fun out of the winter weather."

Hemi-Grand Cherokee

By on Thursday, April 17, 2008

"Bought this new and now have 58k miles. Every option. Few problems, lots of power, 18 mpg if careful, FAST and fun. Had nav problem with joystick -replaced twice under warr. More careful since and no issues. Front pass seat is not up-down adjustable - too high for big people... Styling has improved, looks better now than 3 years ago. Tires are great - about to replace originals, so they are 60k mi tire. Only complaint is drive train "clunk" when you put it in gear some times - told thats part of high-tech system... Only been off-road once - bought for towing and it's great for that - though 13 mpg with a load. I'd buy another but keeping this one for awhile."

Lemon

By on Thursday, April 3, 2008

"38000 miles on it and is broken down with something new every 2 weeks. I have a car with 164000 miles on it that is more reliable."