2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee

8.0

Based on 978 Ratings for the 2005 - 2010 models.

Great Learning Experience

By on Tuesday, April 15, 2008

"I traded off my 04 Hyundai Accent for this Jeep in October '05. Loved the Jeep for a while until gas prices went up and the performance stayed below of what the sticker had promised, which still bothers me (Complained to the salesman, who said that it would get better after the break-in period) I think that if I had been informed accurately that the car would give me 14MPG (This is the V6!!!) city/17MPG Hwy., I would've purchased my other option, a GTI from the same year. All in all, the styling is great, the car is dependable, comfortable and a great design... other than the monthly payment and regular maintenance, after 37,000 miles everything has been sound (knock on wood). I have the Laredo V6 2WD, no options. The plastic on the inside feels a little cheap, and it has a couple of blind spots on the side pillars, gotta be careful about those. If they could come up with this same Jeep with better mileage (at least 18MPG on the city), I would say it's the perfect Jeep. I would recommend it only for those who have been warned about this. Oh, get the 4x4, too. It has so much torque that sometimes when you make a sharp turn while accelerating it can get a little bit slippery even on dry asphalt."

2007 Jeep is awesome!

By on Monday, March 10, 2008

"Previously owned a 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee limited. Ordered the 2007 without even a test drive. The 2007 performance and handling is far better with the quadra trac II system! Makes it in and out of the driveway in deep snow with no problem. Handles great on the highway in a blizzard or in icy conditions. The wider base feels much better taking turns and the comfort is outstanding. Love the sound and performance of the 4.7 V-8. Wouldn't trade my Jeep for anything!"

I love my Jeep

By on Tuesday, February 19, 2008

"I have a 2005 Jeep cherokee laredo 4x4 3.7L which i bought in march 2006. I have to say I love it! I can't complain, no lights have come on, haven't been stranded, except for a flat tire, it drives beautiful, it has 50,000 miles, which majority is all highway. I have to admit, i hate the cloth seats due to the stains it leaves, a drop of water is all it takes. I get about 17-18 mpg highway and 15-16 in town. Its great though, i feel like a queen in the snow, don't have to shovel the driveway to get out ever!!! It works for me and the kids!"

Owned two grand cherokees

By on Monday, February 18, 2008

"My 2001 cherokee had problems with dying as I was coming to a stop, had to replace the heat/air system, some other engine problems, plus the depreciation value was considerably faster than my payments. My 2005 has quite a few problems with getting into reverse, switching gears (although its automatic), stalling, a clunking noise when going from park to drive, it hestiates a lot when fully excellerating, rear window wiper never worked, the air ducks whistle loudly when driving 75MPH or more."

last jeep I'll ever buy

By on Saturday, February 2, 2008

"I have owned 5 Jeep Cherokee/Grand Cherokees. This is by far Jeeps worst effort. I now have neck problems due to not being able to see out the back well enough. The first few months I was hitting my head all the time getting in the vehicle. I'm only 5'2". The transmission has given me problems since 2 months after I bought it. The driver's window does not work properly, the vents only work on high, AC never gets cold enough. Seats stain easily by water alone. Loved all my other Jeeps, do not like this Jeep at all. Not sure I'll buy any kind of a Chrysler product again because of transmission problems of several different Chrysler/Jeep/Dodge products. This can't be coincidental. Any body want to buy my Jeep??"