2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee

8.0

Based on 977 Ratings for the 2005 - 2010 models.

not such a good value

By on Friday, February 1, 2008

"I have had my Jeep in the shop a total of 5 times since purchasing a year and a half ago. Way too many times for a brand new vehicle with only 16000 miles on it. It has leaked water into the interior of the vehicle, one of the window motors had to be replaced, there was a recall on the braking system, and my transmission was acting up and all of my filters had to be replaced. It seems as if it has been one thing after the other with this vehicle. I definitely would not recommend to anyone!"

Reliability problems

By on Monday, January 14, 2008

"Purchased my 2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited with 5.7L Hemi CPO from dealership. Had only minor issues until I hit the 36K warranty limit. Since then, has been in the shop a handful of times, including replacing the starter (twice in one month), replacing battery, replacing washer fluid pump, and because "Service 4WD" indicator illuminated in the dash. It seems Chrysler has done a great job getting you THROUGH the warranty life of this vehicle, but problems are apparent once the warranty has expired. If purchasing this vehicle, I would *strongly* recommend purchasing an extended warranty plan. Regardless, I am pleased to say that I traded my GC in today for a brand new 2008 Audi A4 and am *glad* to get rid of it. After owning several other Jeeps, from Wranglers to other Grand Cherokees, my 2006 WK series easily had the most number of problems, and because of the sour experience I do not see myself in another one for a very long time if ever."

2006 Jeep Gr Cher

By on Monday, November 19, 2007

"Pros: Reliable and I feel very safe driving this. Also, very good SUV in the snow. Cons: I have cloth interior and its terrible. Very uncomfortable and it stains very easily. Also, gets very bad gas mileage. Mine is even a V6 and it gets about 14 mpg in town and 17-18 mpg on the highway. At 25,000 miles the rear shocks were already leaking and had to get those replaced, but were covered under warranty. Otherwise a good SUV if you can afford all the gas to put in it!!"

I will never buy a JEEP again

By on Thursday, November 8, 2007

"I have had my jeep worked on 4 times in a year because of transmission problems. It gets old calling a tow truck all the time. My wife is the one that wanted the jeep but she hates the 2005 jeep with only 20,000 miles in 2years that we have now."

cant believe it

By on Tuesday, October 30, 2007

"I bought this used 3 weeks ago and it has a miss in the tranny and no one seems to be able to find the answer.The dealer had it a week and half and its back in today as I write this,So very frustrating.this is my first Jeep I love it except for the tranny shuddering,I have read others that have had same problem,what a bummer for a great longtime machine!! I am not sure if I will keep it now...Oh its a 2005 Grand Cherokee.40K on it."

I am not happy

By on Monday, October 29, 2007

"I don't know if I got a lemon or what. But my vehicle has had nothing but problems with the transmission. I have had it in the shop a total of 5 times now for the same thing. It has a miss in the transmission. I have had other Jeeps and never had any problems but I am overall not happy with my experience on this one at all."

Unreliable

By on Saturday, August 25, 2007

"27,000 miles and it spent almost two weeks in the shop. Plus, I had to fight for a rental! I've been complaining about the A/C since I've bought it and all they (Jeep) says is... "the computer says it's fine" Nothing performs better... period! Athough, they need to work at it's quality and reliability. I've owned three and they get worse, never again!"

Jeep Grand Cherokee

By on Monday, August 6, 2007

"Nice ride for a 4x4. Interior styling is a bit boring if you don't get any of the extras like the navigation system and auto climate control. 3.7L engine is a little sluggish but has enough power for day to day driving. I don't really recommend the 3.7L for the mountains… I suggest the V8 for you mountaineers! Gear changing if left in drive is excessive on steep mountain roads but this goes with any automatic vehicle. :o) There are a few rattles, but none to really complain about... it's a 4x4. Fuel mileage is absolutely terrible! The digital MPG gauge averages 16.5 MPG and has not gotten better over time as I had thought it would. The sun visors could use an extendable visor. Huge blind spot on drivers side when cornering around left-hand turns between the front/passenger window sections. When test driving make sure to take a left-hand turn and you will see what I mean. Overall rating of 4 out of 5, it is a nice looking vehicle and practical. If you got some extra money to dump into the Grand Cherokee buy the V8!"

GCL the Best

By on Thursday, July 19, 2007

"Bought new Dec. 04', Hemi 5.7 amazing performance. MPG avg. 15 city/ 21 highway (sometimes 23 MPG Hyw.) Drive daily 150 to 400 miles. No major mechanical problems, replaced starter at 86,000 mi. OEM less than $100+labor. Could'nt ask for a more dependable road car. I change oil & filter every 4000 miles. Original tires lasted 80,000 mi. Take care of your car and it takes care of you."

great overall!

By on Wednesday, April 9, 2014

"We've replaced 3 of the inside door handles, cheap plastic handles. vent clips have broken off of 2 vents. The push button dash info has rubbed off and can't be read any more. The back cargo pull handle broke. Very minor problems. owned for 4 yrs, comfortable ride."