2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee

8.0

Based on 976 Ratings for the 2005 - 2010 models.

Never left me on the side of the road!

By on Thursday, April 4, 2013

Pros: "Safe and tough"

Cons: "gas milage isn't great"

"I have loved our Jeep Grand Cherokee, as never has it left us on the side of the road. I have well over 200,000 miles and feel torn trading the car in. I am a single Mom with four busy kids and this car is like part of the family! This car was my pick because if I am in an accident, it will keep my family safe. I don't want my kids in a tin can!"

Nothing but problems

By on Sunday, November 18, 2007

"We bought our 05 grand cherokee 9 months and since then it has been to the dealer 12 times. Thats right 12 times and the thing still isn't fixed. Been nothing but problems from the day we bought it. Looking to trade or just get rid of ASAP. We have everything replaced in the fuel emissions and the ecm still says that we have a leak in it somewhere. The airbag light stays on with the check engine light. The dealer doesn't know how to fix the problem. The value has also dropped $2,500 in nine months."

Good and bad

By on Monday, November 28, 2016

Pros: "hemi power, AWD in the snow"

Cons: "junk driveline past the motor,cheap interior parts"

"Weve owned this jeep since it had about 30K miles on it. We have the limited with the 5.7 Hemi. The jeep either rates high or terrible depending on which topic I pick. First off, the Hemi gets terrible MPG, but runs like a top. The motor (Now has 224000) still runs like it did the day we got it. We change oil with mobile 1 every 3000 miles. I do mean every 3000K, so that may have helped. But serious, this hemi makes gobs of power and runs great! Other than the getting less mpg than we had hoped for, it has been the best part of the jeep. Mostly why we kept it. The seats have lasted great, however that's about it on the interior. The door handles break often. We have changed the little plastic things on every single door panel at least 3 times. Drives me nuts! Poor quality to say the least. The nav system screen has failed twice. The transfer case, and drive shafts have been a constant battle to keep working. The rear end differential needs replaced, again. We had to have the carrier bearing fixed three times in the rear end. The drive shafts, do not have serviceable u-joints. Yeah, stupid! I personally would like to punch the guy who designed the driveshaft's in the mouth. A new shaft is $1100! That's just for the rear one. We have replaced those twice btw! The body of the jeep has held up great! We live out in the country in Nebraska, so when we get snow, we often have to blaze a trail down an unplowed road. The jeep is great at doing that! Between the power of the hemi and the AWD/traction control, its NEVER been stuck. God knows we have put it thru some serious snow drifts! All in all, its lasted 224K miles and still running. However, I have consistently had to work on it to keep it going. I would say about every 3 months, since we bought it, there has been a repair problem. But, my wife loved they way it ran and the way it looks, so we kept it."

3rd one I've had, won't be the last!

By on Sunday, December 22, 2013

Cons: "No auxiliary adapter, that's all."

"This is the 3rd Jeep Grand Cherokee I've owned and I can honestly say it won't be the last. I don't have to worry about it breaking down on me, it drives great, has all the bells and whistles, and is overall my most favorite I've owned. I'm a Jeep lover thru and thru and will continue to be!"

Just Awesome

By on Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Pros: "Awesome smoothe comfortable drive"

Cons: "Gas mileage and passenger room"

"The Jeep is the best car I have owned. I was so impressed with the drive after the first snow the Jeep went up snow covered hills with no problem when some trucks could not even make it up the hill. The car is very dependable and reliable.I would drive the car across the world if it wasn't for the gas mileage. The Jeep for me lacks passenger space."

2002 V8- great vehicle

By on Thursday, August 9, 2012

Pros: "Powerful, reliable, fault free, good utility vehic"

Cons: "Carrying space in rear is limited."

"I bought my Jeep new in 2002. It has been a strong, reliable vehicle. At 155k miles, it still neither uses nor leaks oil. Very strong drive train. Interior and exterior have held up. Only repairs are tires, brakes, hoses, battery. Gets 16 mpg, pretty good for an 8 cyl vehicle. Very powerful, great pickup. Will buy another new one soon."

Good quality vehicle

By on Thursday, September 1, 2011

Pros: "comfortable ride, spacious"

Cons: "no built in mp3 player"

"My experience with my Grand Cherokee has been a great one. I have had no problems out of it in the time of ownership. Even now at 101,397 miles it still runs great. It has PL,PW,PS,PM, AM/FM,CD audio aux input, cruise, alloy wheels, full roof rack, and traction control."

not crazy about it

By on Friday, September 14, 2007

"The Grand Cherokee rides good but there are more negative than positives about our experience with the vehicle. We have had repeated problems with the driver window. It has shattered several times for no apparent reason when raising and lowering. The sensor lights are constantly coming on for one reason or another. The worst part is the seats. The material is not soft and they are just really uncomfortable. We chose cloth at the time but I would never do it again."

Great Power, Mediocre Comfort

By on Tuesday, August 7, 2007

"I have the 2005 Grand Cherokee with the V8 HEMI. Overall, I am very happy with the vehicle. The HEMI sure packs a powerful punch. The handling is veryy smooth...better than I expected from a Jeep. The best part is that I have not had any major issues with the vehicle. A couple of downsides are gas mileage (about 14 MGP on average), and very little headroom. I'm 5'10" and the top of my head brushes the ceiling when I sit straight up."

LOVE MY JEEP

By on Monday, October 31, 2016

"I have an 05 Jeep GC purchased her used with 99000 miles she is running strong beside regular maintenance nothing has been needed. Only complaint I have is seats can get unconformable on lengthy rides but bearable. She is as quite as a mouse on the highway love the power on the 4.7 V8 if your shopping for mid-sized SUV this is worth taking a look at. :)"