2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee

7.9

Based on 1672 Ratings for the 1999 - 2004 models.

Best Vehicle Ever!

By on Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Pros: "Fancy"

Cons: "Bad gas milage"

"I bought my 2000 Jeep this year. It was a little beat up, but not that bad for a twelve year old car. It runs like a champ and its got more buttons and switches than my T. V. remote. I feel like I'm riding on a cloud when I take it anywhere. The leather has a few rips, but it's twelve years old. The engine has a lot of miles on it, but I can tell it has many more to go. This car is like my baby, and I'll probably keep it until its last mile."

Solid, Dependable Vehicle

By on Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Pros: "Great luxurious and touch all around vehicle!"

Cons: "Fuel Economy just average"

"Our 1999 Grand Cherokee Limited is still solid and tight after 160,000 miles. It has been a very dependable vehicle that feels solid like a truck yet has all of the creature comforts and accessories of a high end luxury SUV. For 1999 this vehicle had all power accessories, heated seats, leather, 1-touch window controls, outside heated mirrors, multi-disc CD player, Steering wheel touch controls for stereo, cruise, etc. Fantastic all weather vehicle, stable and solid in inclement weather and go anywhere in ice and snow. Small V-8 with towing package has plenty of horsepower and torque for towing. Great ground clearance, though seldom needed, easy to get in and out of. Overall a fantastic design and build. They did it right when they put this model into production. Sporty, Comfortable and Luxurious."

Good Overall Vehicle

By on Thursday, September 13, 2007

"I bought my jeep used in 2002 and continue to run it to this day almost 6 years laters. This car has been a great all around car. It goes great in the winter and not so big that you have problems getting around town. I have had a few repairs done including a new rear axle and most recently a new compressor for the AC. I average around $2000 a year in repairs. Parts for repairs usually run a little more than most cars but seem to last after they are replaced. I would buy again and would suggest to a friend with no hesistation. One suggestion to anyone looking at a jeep use carbon ceramic brake pads to cut down on brake dust."

Reliable durables

By on Thursday, May 29, 2014

Pros: "Power yes fun to drive"

Cons: "The infinity gold sound system, was never good."

"Bought new in 2000, 14 years later I've replaced the brakes, oh and the tires, lol I change the oil every 3500 and the other fluids as recommended. At this point, the best vehicle I've very owned. I'm 45 years old, I've owned a few."

Built like a tank

By on Sunday, January 29, 2017

Pros: "very fun & reliability, size, design, strength"

Cons: "gas milage"

"This vehicle is the best vehicle i've ever driven. Since I live in Wisconsin as everyone knows one day it could be 70 degrees and sunny and then 2 hours later can be 10 degrees with a blizzard and its brought me through all of it with ease. I've had a 3 minor issues with the vehicle which is amazing considering its 17 y/o and has 235,ooo miles on it. I take it up north all the time and would trust it to get me through a nuclear war LOL. I don't understand how a vehicle can do so well in any driving situation, I've been almost door handle deep in heavy wet snow and it made it through no problem. Its not that sportiest vehicle on the market but it corners like a dream at higher speeds, and when it comes to passing power or pick up, with the 4.oL I6 it gets me at least 0-60 in around 7.5 seconds from a dead stop. WOULD 10000000% recommend this vehicle to anyone who is looking for a strong, reliable and safe vehicle for someone looking for the first car. Also very customizable and easy to work on."