2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee

7.9

Based on 1677 Ratings for the 1999 - 2004 models.

Best Vehicle Ever!

By on Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Pros: "Fancy"

Cons: "Bad gas milage"

"I bought my 2000 Jeep this year. It was a little beat up, but not that bad for a twelve year old car. It runs like a champ and its got more buttons and switches than my T. V. remote. I feel like I'm riding on a cloud when I take it anywhere. The leather has a few rips, but it's twelve years old. The engine has a lot of miles on it, but I can tell it has many more to go. This car is like my baby, and I'll probably keep it until its last mile."

Solid, Dependable Vehicle

By on Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Pros: "Great luxurious and touch all around vehicle!"

Cons: "Fuel Economy just average"

"Our 1999 Grand Cherokee Limited is still solid and tight after 160,000 miles. It has been a very dependable vehicle that feels solid like a truck yet has all of the creature comforts and accessories of a high end luxury SUV. For 1999 this vehicle had all power accessories, heated seats, leather, 1-touch window controls, outside heated mirrors, multi-disc CD player, Steering wheel touch controls for stereo, cruise, etc. Fantastic all weather vehicle, stable and solid in inclement weather and go anywhere in ice and snow. Small V-8 with towing package has plenty of horsepower and torque for towing. Great ground clearance, though seldom needed, easy to get in and out of. Overall a fantastic design and build. They did it right when they put this model into production. Sporty, Comfortable and Luxurious."

Built like a tank

By on Sunday, January 29, 2017

Pros: "very fun & reliability, size, design, strength"

Cons: "gas milage"

"This vehicle is the best vehicle i've ever driven. Since I live in Wisconsin as everyone knows one day it could be 70 degrees and sunny and then 2 hours later can be 10 degrees with a blizzard and its brought me through all of it with ease. I've had a 3 minor issues with the vehicle which is amazing considering its 17 y/o and has 235,ooo miles on it. I take it up north all the time and would trust it to get me through a nuclear war LOL. I don't understand how a vehicle can do so well in any driving situation, I've been almost door handle deep in heavy wet snow and it made it through no problem. Its not that sportiest vehicle on the market but it corners like a dream at higher speeds, and when it comes to passing power or pick up, with the 4.oL I6 it gets me at least 0-60 in around 7.5 seconds from a dead stop. WOULD 10000000% recommend this vehicle to anyone who is looking for a strong, reliable and safe vehicle for someone looking for the first car. Also very customizable and easy to work on."

Good Overall Vehicle

By on Thursday, September 13, 2007

"I bought my jeep used in 2002 and continue to run it to this day almost 6 years laters. This car has been a great all around car. It goes great in the winter and not so big that you have problems getting around town. I have had a few repairs done including a new rear axle and most recently a new compressor for the AC. I average around $2000 a year in repairs. Parts for repairs usually run a little more than most cars but seem to last after they are replaced. I would buy again and would suggest to a friend with no hesistation. One suggestion to anyone looking at a jeep use carbon ceramic brake pads to cut down on brake dust."

Reliable durables

By on Thursday, May 29, 2014

Pros: "Power yes fun to drive"

Cons: "The infinity gold sound system, was never good."

"Bought new in 2000, 14 years later I've replaced the brakes, oh and the tires, lol I change the oil every 3500 and the other fluids as recommended. At this point, the best vehicle I've very owned. I'm 45 years old, I've owned a few."

Great performance on hauling and long trips

By on Sunday, October 6, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive, great for hauling, comfortable ride"

Cons: "Guzzles gas, the cup holders suck"

"My vehicle is now ten years old, with 151,000 miles on it and still purrs like a kitten. In the time that time that I have had it, I have taken it across country four times (most recent cross country trip was three months ago), hauled furniture on the top rack, hauled furniture on the interior of the vehicle, and hauled a 5x8 trailer filled to maximum capacity. I have also taken it off road through water, mud, snow, and other elements. The Jeep has GREAT performance off road and although proper tires help, even if you just have street tires the 4WD will get you out of almost any tough situation. I have only had a few minor problems, which have all been fairly easy and inexpensive to fix. More recently I have now investing a little more money into it to fix problems, but that comes from normal wear and tear due to it's age and mileage. As long as you keep the Jeep properly maintained it will last for a very long time. My only complaint is that it's a gas guzzler. If it were more fuel efficient I would've given it a 10."

best vehicle i ever bought

By on Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Pros: "looks great, roomy, comfortable, drives amazing"

Cons: "could get a lil better gas"

"I jus recently was vehicle shopping and i wanted a 4x4 truck but hten saw this jeep and instantly fell in love with it. i bought it used right then...i had 3 mechanics go thru the vehicle and they couldnt find anything wrong with it. it is the most comfortable vehicle and drives wonderful... never been happier with a vehicle. i will definitely buy another."

THE BEST SUV I HAVE EVER OWNED

By on Monday, October 28, 2013

Pros: "f.UN TO DRIVE"

Cons: "CLOTH ENTERIER STAINED AND DOES NOT CLEAN UP EASY"

"I BOUGHT THIS SUV NEW. I LOVE MY JEEP. I WILL BE SELLING IT WHICH WILL BREAK MY HEART. BUT I AM BUYING ANOTHER JEEP LEATHER THIS TIME. THE HANDLING OF THIS JEEP IN THE SNOW AND RAIN IS UNBELIEVEABLE. I CAN ALWAYS GET OUT AND GO, 2 TRACKED IN IT IS GREAT VERY COMFORTIBLE RIDE. WE NEVER WORRIED ABOUT MAINTENCE BECAUSE THE ON BOARD COMPUTER ALWAYS LET US KNOW.I LIVE IN NORTHERN MICHIGAN LOTS OF SNOW. I HAVE A HARD TIME PUTTING INTO WORDS ALL THE THINGS I LOVE ABOUT MY JEEP."

Best Jeep ever!

By on Thursday, September 8, 2011

Pros: "Reliable, comfortable, responsive steering and hugs the road."

Cons: "Don't have any"

"I bought this car new and have enjoyed every mile of it. Low maintenance, a joy and comfort to drive and be a passenger in, excellent visibility, good looking for an older model and still got plenty of pep. I could not love this car more if I'd given birth to it!!!"

great when not in the shop

By on Saturday, April 5, 2014

Pros: "Safe, nice to drive, quality leather"

Cons: "JEEP= Just Empty Every Pocket"

"this jeep has had nearly every large and small issue [possible and I have purchased it twice due to mechanical, drivetrain,(new transmission and cam shaft at 35,000 miles) air conditioning, electrical , broken seat belt latches,lifters replaced, three radiators, etc. etc. Paid it off after a few years and a divorce so I kept repairing it over and over. Now the gas is leaking all over the engine and it will be another grand.I drivehas 100,227 miles since purchased in 2001 new. Love the vehicle when its ok. Drives nice, interior super comfy,etc, BUT I AM DONE !!!!!"