2013 Jeep Compass

7.2

Based on 45 Ratings for the 2011 - 2017 models.

7.3/10
    6.9/10

A comfortable ride, good mileage and decent power.

By on Monday, June 20, 2016

Pros: "ride and handling make it a pleasure to drive."

Cons: "The rear posts which obstruct your view."

"My overall rating is a 9 because the rear posts obstruct your view and IMO make a back-up camera a must."

Just What I Wanted

By on Monday, January 9, 2017

Pros: "Gas mileage, optional packages, price"

Cons: "Front windshield field of vision is limited, tires"

"I have now owned this car for 3 years and could not be more happy with it. The Compass gets great mileage and looks rugged, however has all the creature comforts I was looking for on the interior (heated seats, Uconnect Bluetooth, GPS, backup camera, Sunroof etc). I have driven this Jeep in all conditions, including off-road in the Cascades, and have found the handling and the acceleration to meet my needs. I have the 4x4 limited package with the higher end engine package and love it. Only problem I have had is the stock tires didn't last anywhere near 30000 as advertised, which left a bad taste in my mouth (i.e. what else did the manufacturer skimp out on?)."

Love this car!

By on Monday, February 27, 2017

Pros: "comfortable ride with plenty of leg room, Im 6foot"

Cons: "If u are a sedan driver adjust for cornering"

"I rated the driving dynamics an 8 because like all SUVs a sedan/coupe/sports car will corner much better. This is a very comfortable driving machine and nice and roomy. It will carry a Large dog and a lot of groceries and a shotgun rider to keep the first two separate."

Nope

By on Monday, January 9, 2017

I don't own this car

Pros: "Nice looking and nice, though Spartan, interior"

Cons: "Fuel economy, no power"

"I just rented one of these. It seems to appeal to a driver who has no idea about what a modern vehicle should be. I had the 2.4 6spd auto-stick with nice wheels and a nice interior. It's a nice place to sit, and that's about it. It has very little power, so on the highway it has to rev to 5k at times just to maintain 75 uphill. The short version - I got 17.5mpg out of it or around 230 miles per tank. Nearly all interstate highway travel. No stop and go. Basically, it has no power, and thus it defeats the purpose of a smaller engine, so you get a worse experience in every way. They should have done a 5cyl bigger displacement if they wanted to save room and complication and not do a v6. It seems like a tiny complaint, but seriously, my 06 v6 Ford Escape does 17mpg towing 3k lbs. There is no excuse for this garbage. Give it a bigger engine, or lower the mpg estimates to a real level."

Dark Horse SUV Crossover

By on Wednesday, May 18, 2016

"Being at the lower end of the crossover SUV market, the Compass takes a bit of flak from the gearhead youtube sensations who decide on what constitutes a good car these days. However, those guys are letting their testosterone get the better of them and they're totally wrong about the Compass. It's smooth, it's comfortable and it's efficient with gas. Not to mention being very reasonably priced compared to its peers. If you're looking for huge amounts of torque then you may be better off looking elsewhere but if you need a solid family car that has some basic off road ability and good amounts of space and features then the Compass is a great choice especially given the low price tag for a second hand model. Buy with confidence."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Jeep Compass near Honolulu. See local deals