2013 Jeep Compass

7.3

Based on 41 Ratings for the 2011 - 2017 models.

7.2/10
    6.9/10
    7.6/10
    7.5/10

What kind of vehicle not to buy

By on Wednesday, October 26, 2016

I don't own this car

Pros: "Nice looking and interior is comfortable"

Cons: "Lowest quality vehicle"

"I manage a auto repair shop that's been in business for over 40 years. The Compass and Patriot are made in Illinois about 30 minutes from me. Unfortunately this is tops for what a lousy low cost SUV is. I would like to support the brand but I can't this is the low man on the totem pole. Avoid at all cost."

Dark Horse SUV Crossover

By on Wednesday, May 18, 2016

"Being at the lower end of the crossover SUV market, the Compass takes a bit of flak from the gearhead youtube sensations who decide on what constitutes a good car these days. However, those guys are letting their testosterone get the better of them and they're totally wrong about the Compass. It's smooth, it's comfortable and it's efficient with gas. Not to mention being very reasonably priced compared to its peers. If you're looking for huge amounts of torque then you may be better off looking elsewhere but if you need a solid family car that has some basic off road ability and good amounts of space and features then the Compass is a great choice especially given the low price tag for a second hand model. Buy with confidence."

Just OK

By on Sunday, April 3, 2016

I don't own this car

Pros: "Gets you around"

Cons: "rough idle - not a great deal of space"

"I had one of these as a rental in Florida with about 30K miles on it. The brakes squealed like a newborn piglet and the idle in drive with the A/C on was so rough it was nauseating. I'm looking forward to trying an Escape or Explorer."

Comfortable,good handling,safe ride

By on Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Pros: "Great ride,affordable,good size"

Great looking SUV !

"I purchased this car because I liked the look, the size & the jeep reputation. I needed it to travel to upstate NY to a cabin in a rural area. We have an under developed road that is often eroded from the elements. It's hilly and can be icy and snow bound. We have never had a problem getting up the road with the compass. It handles beautifully. It's comfortable and is not a rough ride at all. We have taken two very long trips in the Compass and they were great trips. It's comfortable, not noisy and not bad on gas for an SUV."

Great looking SUV !

Worst Piece of Junk I've ever owned!

By on Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Pros: "NONE!"

Cons: "Almost everything"

"My husband and I are Jeep lovers and have owned several Wranglers, Cherokees, and Grand Cherokees. We've NEVER had as many problems with our previous Jeeps as we've had with this piece of junk! Our transmission coolant light comes on constantly when the heat here in our desert state goes over 75 degree, the transmission is clunky when changing gears and seems like it can't ever find the proper gear and it's highly under powered. The breaks started squeaking about a month after purchasing it. The engine is sluggish and under powered. It feels like it's going to stall at stop lights and runs very noisy while idling. Very unhappy with the purchase of this Jeep. We had a car salesman tell us that this vehicle isn't made to go off road even though it has the Trail Rated badge on it because going off road causes the transmission filter to get clogged with dirt and rocks and start over heating. I should have purchased the Nissan Murano or another Jeep Wrangler which I really wanted!"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Jeep Compass near Honolulu. See local deals