2011 Jeep Compass

7.2

Based on 45 Ratings for the 2011 - 2017 models.

7.3/10
    6.9/10

Very comfortable, smooth riding vehicle; nice size

By on Friday, April 3, 2015

Pros: "Compact size, good handling, very smooth riding"

Cons: "Poor visibility, low gas mileage, heat a/c control"

"I have enjoyed this small Jeep--it's size is good and it handles well on the road, very smooth riding (some of my passengers have commented on that). Drawbacks would include the continuously variable transmission (it can sometimes be uneven), the "stick shift" feature that can be activated by my dogs when I don't want it, limited driver's visibility, and low gas mileage. Very good on wet, slushy roads. Heating and air conditioning controls sometimes stick, and some rust has appeared inside one of the doors."

Love my Jeep!!

By on Thursday, April 9, 2015

Pros: "Drives well in all weather types"

"This is my second Jeep Compass. I liked it so much, I bought another one! I highly recommend this vehicle. I live in Minnesota, this vehicle has gotten me through many snow storms. 4 wheel drive really comes in handy here."

GREAT CAR

By on Thursday, December 31, 2015

Pros: "Great price. Great ride. Nice looking car"

Cons: "small rear window wiper"

"I love this car. It handles very well and looks great on the road. I have owned Jeeps for years~Grand Cherokees were my car of choice but I wanted a smaller car now. This was a wonderful choice. I am very pleased with my purchase."

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE!

By on Monday, May 12, 2014

Pros: "Style, room, and interior"

Cons: "gas mileage"

"This vehicle has always been my favorite car to look at on the highway, so I was extremely happy to be able to purchase my dream car. I am definitely sticking a Jeep forever. I am so pleased with my Jeep Compass."

Great car for the money

By on Monday, December 28, 2015

Pros: "great price, comfortable interior"

Cons: "cheap exterior rear door handles, analog guages"

"This is a great car, no mechanical issue and super comfortable. It feels like a more expensive car, but isn't, which is great. The back outside door handles feel very flimsy and cheap. I feel like they could break at any time. The gauges are all manual, which one hand make the car feel old/cheap, but on the other it's a Jeep, it's not supposed to be fancy. Steering is heavy at low speeds, but I figure this is pretty common for SUVs. Overall, I would highly recommend picking up this vehicle. It has a low price point and good mileage for this class of vehicle. A good ride at a comfortable price."

not a real suv

By on Thursday, December 4, 2014

"You can't tow anything and it has no power at all. It is roomy and gets excellent gas mileage for a SUV wanna be"

You get what you pay for

By on Saturday, July 9, 2016

Pros: "Great looking exterior and cost"

Cons: "Break issues, cheap interior, no USB ports"

"I love the exterior, everything else is basically just functional and looks a little cheaply made. For a day to day family car, the price seems fair. Experienced immediate break issues, but luckily I had the warranty to still get it fixed. I have slight buyers remorse, but again, you get what you paid for."

Great little car

By on Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Pros: "Comfortable ride, great paint, still looks new"

Cons: "Plastic piece on side of seat needs more thought."

"I am getting 31 mpg in town with my standard shift. When I made the purchase I was surprised to find how much control I had on untreated ice and snow covered highways and back roads late at night as I left work. We live in higher New England elevation, my husband (who is a tall man and usually drives his pickup) and I are so glad we have our Compass when it is necessary to travel in a storm. The only complaint I have, as did my daughter in her 2012 Jeep Patriot, the plastic peace on the side of the seat broke easily. I didn't bother getting it replaced, she did and it was broken again within a week. This is the first time we have purchased Jeeps and with the regular maintenance we do, we would buy the same models again if for no other reasons than our winter driving and our dirt roads."

Asolutely trouble-free since April, 2011.

By on Friday, March 13, 2015

Pros: "Appreciate short turning radius, compared to my PT"

Cons: "Could use more rear storage with second row seats"

"No problems at all since purchase. 44000 miles, 60-70% highway. Comfortable ride, reasonably quiet. Gas mileage could be better, but ok at 24-26mpg at 70 mph. Don't care for CVT transmission, but resolved in newer models."

hass 100;000 mile warrantee

By on Sunday, August 9, 2015

Pros: "great 4 wheel drive and excellent gas mileage"

Cons: "4 cup holders"

"great car"

Ok for the money

By on Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Pros: "good looking, great for small suv"

Cons: "poor gas mileage, sun roof controls are tiny"

"I have only had my Compass for 2 months. I went from a Liberty to a Compass thinking I would get better gas mileage - did not happen. My 2004 Liberty did the same if not better on gas - very disappointing - I basically traded in a lot of space for no reason. Should have kept my Liberty. I will probably keep the Compass for as little time as possible to get a good trade in amount."

Capable but crude

By on Wednesday, June 8, 2016

I don't own this car

Pros: "Decent drivetrain, decent mileage, nice size."

Cons: "Poor visibility, crude interior, rather noisy"

"We rented a Sport for a week of vacationing in New England. While handling and acceleration are quite good, and fuel economy decent, this model falls short of the competition in comfort. The side sills and cowl are high, the window pillars wide, the side mirrors huge, the rear window tiny, and the driver has to sit way too low. I had to check three times to keep from mowing down pedestrians and bicyclists in Provincetown's crowded streets. Really, while I like the size and style off the compact crossover, the fit and feel of this one is huge."

AWESOME VALUE for the MONEY ! Great 6 Speed Auto !

By on Sunday, June 14, 2015

Pros: "GREAT VALUE, SUPER RELIABLE, CHEAPER THAN OTHERS"

Cons: "VERY BAD BLINDS SPOTS, BORING TO DRIVE"

"My Compass Latitude is a 2014 with 19,000 miles on it. The folks that knock the automatic transmissions in other reviews here obviously have the CVT and NOT the new (for 2014) 6 Speed Automatic! This automatic is one of the smoothest shifting automatics I have ever owned and I've owned over (100) vehicles over the past (35) years. I bought a pretty much loaded 2014 Latitude Edition for right around $24,000 OTD. My Compass has 4x4, Sun/Sound (great loud stereo BTW!), low profile tires on 18's on chrome laden wheels, Bluetooth, UConnect, Power everything including the Moonroof, and most importantly, HEATED SEATS ! Yes! HEATED SEATS ! In a mid-level SUV! That may not be a big deal to you, but here in Ohio they are great! Speaking of the seats, the front seats are some of the most comfortable to sit in and the seated driving postition is great. Here in Ohio we get our share of snowy/icy roads. I have a (60) mile commute, mainly highway. There were several days last winter where the snow was over 4" on the roadway and many days with black ice. The Freedom Drive I (4x4) in my Compass performed flawlessly and never gave me the feeling of not being in control. Tfuel mileage is right on with the window sticker at 28 MPGs. One does have to drive like a sane person to obtain that number. Otherwise, you'll get mid-20s MPG highway all day long. The ride is a bit stiff and the handling is predictible and average. A couple downfalls are it's boring to drive and it does have some of the worst blind spots in any vehicle I've ever driven. This IS A BIG NEGATIVE for this vehicle! Especially the front A-Pillars. I've had a few close calls for NOT being able to see cross-traffic. The reliability has be outstanding and I've had ZERO quality issues with it in (16) months of ownership. BTW, an equally equipped Ford Escape, Toyota RAV4, Honda CR-V will cost at least $5,000 MORE than my Compass. Believe you me, I shopped them all. Overall and an awesome value for the money!"

I have had transmission cvc joints tires gas cap

By on Monday, July 13, 2015

Cons: "constant repair"

"tyrods all replaced since purchase in 2011 this vehicle has been repair constantly in shop 2day try 2 start this morning n nothing ridiculous im trading this $ bag in by the way im 51 n don't rough use my jeep"

Love the car.

By on Saturday, August 23, 2014

Cons: "No power. Poor gas mileage."

"I may love the car but, unfortunately, it has no power, ie: no pick up and no acceleration. Also, the gas mileage leaves a lot to be desired."

dated platform, nice options for the cost

By on Friday, February 20, 2015

Pros: "good value, great Jeep 4wd"

Cons: "dated styling, uncomfortable to drive."

"Dated styling but a decent value for a mid level package. I have heated seats, sunroof, premium sound(sun and sound package) and an automatic starter, unheard of in mid level pricing. I was looking for a 4cyl suv to save on fuel. It's 6 speed automatic is spunky and economically sound. Great 4wd, rock solid in the snow. Lacks comfort on long drives. It blows around in the wind more than my high profile Suburban, but less than my Jeep Wrangler. I probably would not replace it with another Compass of this design/styling."

Very good vehicle with great mileage for price

By on Saturday, May 30, 2015

Pros: "Very comfortable ride even for my disabled husband"

Cons: "The noisy CVT"

"I bought this car new. I think it drives well, handles well in good and bad weather, the hatchback area will carry almost anything I need to carry. My biggest complain about it is the CVT. It seems very noisy to me as this is the first I have had and my son's car is not near as noisy with it's CVT. The four wheel drive works great in fairly deep snow. I do wish the mileage was better but 26-27 is good with it having four wheel drive."

Save and reliabie

By on Friday, May 22, 2015

"This is my first jeeb.Like it so far;the special 4x4 system saved me from a brutal accident in the just past winter.I was negotiating a curve at a little too high speed and the car slided but i heard and felt a shift of the front axle to side the car tilted and this just brought the whole car back to a mormal positoin.Icould not believe that just happened automatically;only jeep does that-owesome."

cheap new car

By on Saturday, May 9, 2015

Pros: "good on gas"

Cons: "too small inside and not enough horsepower!"

"VERY underpowered with the 2.0 5 speed manual!"

Don't recommend it

By on Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Pros: "Great engine"

Cons: "wind noise is unbearable with rear windows down."

"Clutch went out at only 25k miles. dealer charged $1,600 to fix . The clutch went out suddenly leaving me stranded. Usually a clutch will start slipping and therefore warn you but you can still drive it. It wasn't covered by the warranty.No parts in town , had to wait forever. Get this, dealer charges $750 for the clutch kit. Napa gets $300. I hear the auto trans is a real piece of work . just stay away from this car. It is a cheap piece of junk."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Jeep Compass near Honolulu. See local deals