2011 Jeep Compass

7.1

Based on 48 Ratings for the 2011 - 2017 models.

7.1/10
    6.7/10
    7.6/10
    7.6/10

First Car, Kinda Regret It...

By on Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Pros: "Great price, turn radius, sound, handling."

Cons: "SLOW, CHEAP, WEAK, poor gas mileage, too small"

"This was my first vehicle. I leased it nd it was impressive to say so and the payments were perfect for even my part-time job schedule, but after driving it for a while, I quickly noticed this isnt what I had in mind. I have the 2017 (not new designed) Jeep Compass Latitude. The 2.4 4 cylinder is sluggish even for a 4 popper. I drive a lot of highway and interstate so Im pedal to the metal to keep up with traffic because this vehicle just doesnt respond. It struggles too much for me. On the other hand it just had enough 4x4 umph to get me through winter with no problem. It also sounds beefy for a 4 cylinder. Its got a better tone than a ricer I must say. The interior screams 2008. It is similar to a Dodge Caliber, which we all know is no longer made. Exterior is nice and mini-Cherokee like. I got a decent amount of compliments on it. Once anyone rode in it they immediately changed their mind saying it was slow and unresponsive. The 6-speed automatic transmission slugged after 2nd gear, barely getting you up to the speed limit. Body roll was scary as well. Turn radius was impressive like any other Jeep, but doing a U-ey will get you honked at if you dont floor it to stay ahead of traffic a mile away. Cabin space is tight. Im pushing 6 foot and I have put my seat all the way back, leaving no one room, but Im mainly a single driver so thats not an issue. I should mention the 4 cylinder is deceiving and has horrible gas mileage. This is not a family car to me. no room and I wouldnt wanna carry my future kids in a car that has alarmingly low crash test ratings. I would recommend this to a small amount of people who are first drivers since its tame for them, for those who drive alone on speed limit 35 roads, and northern states where snow is common. There is so much better value on the market out there."

Dark Horse SUV Crossover

By on Wednesday, May 18, 2016

"Being at the lower end of the crossover SUV market, the Compass takes a bit of flak from the gearhead youtube sensations who decide on what constitutes a good car these days. However, those guys are letting their testosterone get the better of them and they're totally wrong about the Compass. It's smooth, it's comfortable and it's efficient with gas. Not to mention being very reasonably priced compared to its peers. If you're looking for huge amounts of torque then you may be better off looking elsewhere but if you need a solid family car that has some basic off road ability and good amounts of space and features then the Compass is a great choice especially given the low price tag for a second hand model. Buy with confidence."

A comfortable ride, good mileage and decent power.

By on Monday, June 20, 2016

Pros: "ride and handling make it a pleasure to drive."

Cons: "The rear posts which obstruct your view."

"My overall rating is a 9 because the rear posts obstruct your view and IMO make a back-up camera a must."

Just What I Wanted

By on Monday, January 9, 2017

Pros: "Gas mileage, optional packages, price"

Cons: "Front windshield field of vision is limited, tires"

"I have now owned this car for 3 years and could not be more happy with it. The Compass gets great mileage and looks rugged, however has all the creature comforts I was looking for on the interior (heated seats, Uconnect Bluetooth, GPS, backup camera, Sunroof etc). I have driven this Jeep in all conditions, including off-road in the Cascades, and have found the handling and the acceleration to meet my needs. I have the 4x4 limited package with the higher end engine package and love it. Only problem I have had is the stock tires didn't last anywhere near 30000 as advertised, which left a bad taste in my mouth (i.e. what else did the manufacturer skimp out on?)."

Great Vehicle

By on Saturday, January 16, 2016

Pros: "Reliable, fun, sporty"

Cons: "Find yourself always offering to drive."

"Very good vehicle. Why pay twice as much for a top of the line grand Cherokee, just to look like a bigshot? Save your money, buy used."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Jeep Compass near Honolulu. See local deals