2010 Jeep Commander

7.8

Based on 693 Ratings for the 2006 - 2010 models.

Love It!

By on Tuesday, June 2, 2009

"Bought this Jeep with 18000 miles on it. Was a factory executive used vehicle. If you are unfamiliar with that term, this is a vehicle that is given to a Jeep Exec to drive for a period of time and then they turn it in for a new one. Then Jeep dealers have first choice to pick them up for resale. My guess is that it gets the royal treatment as far as service goes. Kind of an odd set up. A sport with a V6 but pretty well loaded: video system, leather, auto start, Sirius, rear air/heat, etc. Has plenty of power for day-to day stuff and pulls 16' boat just fine. Mileage was rated at 16/20 and that's exactly what I get. Best vehicle I've ever owned. Have driven Mercedes, Cadillac, BMW and this Commander beats them all hands down. Very Comfortable.....get one!"

not my favorite

By on Monday, December 29, 2008

"I went from a tahoe to this and so the front and backseat room drive me crazy. If I give my kids space in the back i'm cuddling with the dashboard. Also if going from a larger suv you feel to low to the ground. Thought i wanted to downsize but changed my mind. Test drive with kids in the car before you buy wish i had of."

Best Vehicle Ever

By on Tuesday, April 29, 2008

"My 2006 Commander is the best SUV I have owned to date, especially in terms of reliability, handling, smooth and quiet ride and overall comfort. The quality and technolgy was probably somewhat influenced by Daimler Benz ownership -- wish that would have continued. I have owned a Ford Explorer, three Jeeps (still own 1999 Cherokee), driven dozens of others and this my favorite. I have a 27 month lease that I plan to buy out since I don't want to let go of this vehicle. Since I got a great lease deal, the residual is higher than I'd like but it's pay-me-now-or-pay-me-later. The only knock is MPGs but it's no worse than similar size SUVs."

Why try to fit this on a Cherokee platform?

By on Tuesday, March 18, 2008

"I bought this for the third row seating to haul 4 kids and a dog. I only have a couple of complaints about it. First, why not make it longer? With the third row seats up, I can't even slip a grocery bag between them and the hatch. The tightness of the passenger area in the two front rows could be overlooked if there was more room in the back. Six inches in additional interior length would be great! Second, why am I in 4wd all the time? Why can't I have shift on the fly like my old Wrangler, my husband's Liberty, etc.? I am fully capable of judging road conditions to know when to shift into 4wd. Besides, that just makes the tire wear expensive and gas mileage even worse than a Hemi alone. Other than those two things, this Jeep is what a Jeep should be - in looks and performance. The Commander looks like a Jeep should, not a tall, molded car or a toddler's first shoe. Upon putting Nokian tires on it for the winter, I was able to climb a wall with it just like I used to with my long lost Wrangler. Plus, the Hemi leaves other Jeep wannabes in the dust. Long live Jeep!"

Good News-Bad News

By on Monday, February 11, 2008

"I bought my used '06 2WD Limited 4.7L because my wife had to have it. I will admit it grew on me when I test drove it, love the options, room, comfort. I did my research and this seemed to be a fairly safe bet I thought. I guess I should have been skeptical as to why it was traded after 18 mos. We get 12 MPG around town and 18 on the Hwy. It's been in the shop three times for a fun little problem where the engine shuts off when turning around town or even while having the cruise set on the highway. It shut down 4 times during a trip to the in-laws house over Christmas which was quite a thrill. What's even more fun is the two dealers I have taken it to cannot figure out what's causing the problem. I have my fingers crossed but it has not happened in close to a month now. Maybe the new computer downloads did the trick."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Jeep Commander near Honolulu. See local deals