2010 Jeep Commander

7.8

Based on 693 Ratings for the 2006 - 2010 models.

Real y Love my jeep best car Ever

By on Saturday, September 7, 2013

Pros: "It fíts in my Garage, and has lost of Room"

"First owner, out of dealership and never had a problem did changed the Battery once in 7 years. In my opinion the jeep looks even better now that is "old" new cars now days just have a futuristic ugly desing."

worst vehicle I've had

By on Friday, April 3, 2009

"This jeep was the worst vehicle I've ever owned. It gave me problems from the start. within the first year all rotors and brakes needed to be replaced, the sunroof leaked within the first 6 mos, and is still leaking. Theres actually been floods in my car and the starter went twice.I'll NEVER buy a jeep again!!!!"

Birds a Chirpin

By on Friday, January 9, 2009

"I love my Commander I bought one when they came out in 06. I now have 70000 miles on mine and have had no problems with it to date. I do however find it comforting that many other reviewers are having the chirping/whistling sound at higher speeds. I thought that I was the only one. This is the only problem I have had with the car and on long trips the whislte that lasts 4.5 hours can drive you a bit mad."

Very Poor quality in design & system

By on Friday, October 19, 2007

"We have had nothing but trouble with vehicle, horrible wind noise , computer malfunctions with airbags, lights not work regularly.....comfort is good.....dealer said do not bring this vehicle to us.....declare as lemon.....Chrysler will not even talk to us!! Sent registered letters with no response."

Reliable and safe with style!

By on Tuesday, February 25, 2014

"I bought this car from a friend who took care of it pretty well since 2007. It has been my favorite car I've owned in the last 14 years! It handles extremely well in the Midwest snow (I have the 4x4 with SmartTrac technology) then in the summer it maintains a classy look. I can take it to business meetings, hunting trips, road trips and pull my boat and it rises to the occasion for all events! The V-6 isn't real powerful and my boat is small so I don't know if I would recommend the V-6 for hauling a lot of weight. Very happy with the Jeep!"

Absolutely love this car/truck!totally reliable!!

By on Friday, October 5, 2012

Pros: "Holds the road! inside feels like a car!"

Cons: "Starter $45 should be larger."

"Bought it new with every option! exterior & Leather still looks fabulous after 160000 miles! Drives like a car! Even bought another one when jeep discontinued making it so I have a spare when this one gets tired! The hemi gives you power when you need it! People are always commenting on how nice it looks! Performance and looks! How much more could you ask for?! P.S.the only mistake Jeep made with this car is they put a $45 Starter in it which is too small for the truck. I had to change it once in 6 years. And... I have to air blow around the sunroof annually because they got clogged with leaf debris. Other than those two minor issues I have had 0 repairs other than standard maintenance in 6 years! Also, , my brakes last for 45000 on this truck. I give this truck a10!"

Okay for big family

By on Thursday, March 15, 2012

Pros: "nice looking, large interior, reliable"

Cons: "unstable braking, poor resale"

"I bought this in anticipation of adopting a large family. I like the room and have never had any mechanical issues with it and Im at 72k. The resale value is horrible. My only other complaints are when braking at higher speeds the jeep becomes unstable and the lower part of the dash is placed poorly and I often painfully bang my knee getting into the vehicle and I'm not a tall guy. I average about 18 mpg hiway."

GREAT OVERALL VEHICLE

By on Monday, November 21, 2011

Pros: "Comfort, price and size"

Cons: "Gas milage"

"Currently own this and going on my 2nd year. Purchased pre-owned never had a problem. Been off road...handles great! Superb vehicle for my lifestyle. Been camping many times with this auto...never let me down. Lots of space. Gas milage is not great, I average around 16mpg city and 19-21 highway. I would recomend and would purchase again. GREAT IN THE SNOW!!"

Reliable, Comfortable, Great Utility

By on Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Pros: "Limited Package never dissapoints"

Cons: "Fuel Economy with the Hemi"

"I have owned Jeeps since 1991. Always the Limited Package. Moonroof and tow package a must. Bought the Commander for its increased cargo capacity and third row as our family was expanding. Owned three Cherokees prior. We havent had any major issues to date. Love the 5.7 Hemi. (cant worry about fuel economy) It tackles any road condition Michigan can throw at us. Bikes on the roof, and boat on the hitch, this Commander isnt phased when you need more power. Bummed the line has been discontinued, would buy another!"

Awesome Vehicle!

By on Friday, September 9, 2011

Pros: "Great to drive, awesome in bad weather!"

Cons: "Third row seat not so good for tall people!!!"

"We have had our commander since 2006, bought it new! Best vehicle we ever purchased! Tows awesome, travels awesome, great in bad weather, eats up snow like a trooper! Wish they still made them! Don't want to give it up and may not! Only issue for us was third row seat, not too practicle but usable for short people or kids!"

Best value I've ever had

By on Monday, January 25, 2010

"We've owned this 2006 Commander for over 2 years and have been very pleasantly surprised with every aspect of the vehicle - economy, power, quality, style, and comfort. We are especially pleased with how it handles on icy and snowy road conditions here in South Dakota - it is actually hard to get it in trouble on bad roads! Our only complaint is the position of the headrests - otherwise we would not change a thing."

Excellent Vehicle

By on Saturday, January 16, 2010

"Had car since new. Regular maintainance items only have been done and I have 71000 on the clock. This is a very comfortable car. You do have to keep the sunroof drain vents blown out and free of debris. Feels very substantial to drive. In ice it is very surefooted as the trac control works brilliantly. Would definately buy another Commander exactly the same as my current."

good mechanically. bad electrically.

By on Sunday, January 3, 2010

"purchased the car brand new in june 2006. mechanically, it has been flawless. electrically, it has been a mess. both driver and passenger window motors needed to be replaced within the first thousand miles. the ignition switch needed to be replaced at 58k. and at 61k (just after my extended warranty was up) the center dash burned out - so it's no longer illuminated in the dark. the whole piece needs to be replaced - i opted to keep my $200 and not replace it. also - when it rains water likes to gather in the door frame, so when you open the door a nice little flow of water will pour out and possibly ruin your day when your new shoes get soaked. in winter - all of the interior windows frost over. no, my floor mats aren't wet - my door panel frosts over too. in regards to gas mileage, i put nitrogen in my tires and noticed a significant increase - but i drive mainly highway miles."

My favorite vehicle so far

By on Wednesday, December 2, 2009

"The commander has been great for taking people every where. The kids love to ride in the 3rd seat in the back. I doesn't fit an adult very comfortably in the 3rd seat but we have done it too. Lots of headroom and the stadium seating is really nice. I've had this vehicle for 3 years and would love to keep it forever."

Love It!

By on Tuesday, June 2, 2009

"Bought this Jeep with 18000 miles on it. Was a factory executive used vehicle. If you are unfamiliar with that term, this is a vehicle that is given to a Jeep Exec to drive for a period of time and then they turn it in for a new one. Then Jeep dealers have first choice to pick them up for resale. My guess is that it gets the royal treatment as far as service goes. Kind of an odd set up. A sport with a V6 but pretty well loaded: video system, leather, auto start, Sirius, rear air/heat, etc. Has plenty of power for day-to day stuff and pulls 16' boat just fine. Mileage was rated at 16/20 and that's exactly what I get. Best vehicle I've ever owned. Have driven Mercedes, Cadillac, BMW and this Commander beats them all hands down. Very Comfortable.....get one!"

not my favorite

By on Monday, December 29, 2008

"I went from a tahoe to this and so the front and backseat room drive me crazy. If I give my kids space in the back i'm cuddling with the dashboard. Also if going from a larger suv you feel to low to the ground. Thought i wanted to downsize but changed my mind. Test drive with kids in the car before you buy wish i had of."

Best Vehicle Ever

By on Tuesday, April 29, 2008

"My 2006 Commander is the best SUV I have owned to date, especially in terms of reliability, handling, smooth and quiet ride and overall comfort. The quality and technolgy was probably somewhat influenced by Daimler Benz ownership -- wish that would have continued. I have owned a Ford Explorer, three Jeeps (still own 1999 Cherokee), driven dozens of others and this my favorite. I have a 27 month lease that I plan to buy out since I don't want to let go of this vehicle. Since I got a great lease deal, the residual is higher than I'd like but it's pay-me-now-or-pay-me-later. The only knock is MPGs but it's no worse than similar size SUVs."

Why try to fit this on a Cherokee platform?

By on Tuesday, March 18, 2008

"I bought this for the third row seating to haul 4 kids and a dog. I only have a couple of complaints about it. First, why not make it longer? With the third row seats up, I can't even slip a grocery bag between them and the hatch. The tightness of the passenger area in the two front rows could be overlooked if there was more room in the back. Six inches in additional interior length would be great! Second, why am I in 4wd all the time? Why can't I have shift on the fly like my old Wrangler, my husband's Liberty, etc.? I am fully capable of judging road conditions to know when to shift into 4wd. Besides, that just makes the tire wear expensive and gas mileage even worse than a Hemi alone. Other than those two things, this Jeep is what a Jeep should be - in looks and performance. The Commander looks like a Jeep should, not a tall, molded car or a toddler's first shoe. Upon putting Nokian tires on it for the winter, I was able to climb a wall with it just like I used to with my long lost Wrangler. Plus, the Hemi leaves other Jeep wannabes in the dust. Long live Jeep!"

Good News-Bad News

By on Monday, February 11, 2008

"I bought my used '06 2WD Limited 4.7L because my wife had to have it. I will admit it grew on me when I test drove it, love the options, room, comfort. I did my research and this seemed to be a fairly safe bet I thought. I guess I should have been skeptical as to why it was traded after 18 mos. We get 12 MPG around town and 18 on the Hwy. It's been in the shop three times for a fun little problem where the engine shuts off when turning around town or even while having the cruise set on the highway. It shut down 4 times during a trip to the in-laws house over Christmas which was quite a thrill. What's even more fun is the two dealers I have taken it to cannot figure out what's causing the problem. I have my fingers crossed but it has not happened in close to a month now. Maybe the new computer downloads did the trick."

By on Friday, November 16, 2007

"If you can afford to put gas in this thing it is GREAT! I get horrible gas mileage and the cruise control feature (even with a V8 engine) does not hold a constant speed on even moderate hills (these are slopes of <2% grade on the highway). Complete gas hog!"

Best Vehicle Made

By on Monday, November 5, 2007

"After trying all other makes like FJ Cruiser, Hummer, Cadillac, Yukon, Durango, Nissan Xterra as well as cars and trucks, this is by far the most comfortable, driveable, value priced vehicle made by anyone, domestic or import, that's why I bought this one after looking for two years."

Do Not Purchase

By on Tuesday, October 16, 2007

"Bought this vehicle in summer 06 after I was in a car accident, I thought it would be safer than a car-I WAS WRONG! This vehicle has stalled on me over 6 times and everytime I take it to the dealership they can't duplicate. Put in a complaint to the NHTSA and there is a federal probe currently in place. The windshield whistles and after it rains water pools inside the door. Chrysler claims that there is NO problem with this car, that's a crock. I currently have a lemon law suit pending. As pretty as this car is, it is a danger to everyone on the road."

By on Monday, October 1, 2007

"I am not one for leaving reviews but I felt compelled after reading some of these. I bought my '06 over a year ago and have had NONE of the negative mechanical issues everyone is complaining about. I take good care of it and it takes care of me. I researched it before buying it... and acknowledge it's compromised visibility, small third row and low MPG... but knew I was buying alot of Jeep with a V8 and could use the Jeep's sensors to compensate for any visual shortcomings. The third row... come on... how many times do you use it anyway??? As for the other "flaws" mentioned in these reviews, I test drove the car, knew the design and consider them "growing pains" to this new release. No car is perfect for any critic. My commander is a strong, dependable vehicle that provides me space and comfort for my family, friends and purchases. It is more than what I expected and I am thrilled to be an owner."

very disappionted

By on Tuesday, July 17, 2007

"We purchased a new 2006 Jeep Commander in March of 2007 paid $32,915, the vehicle was not working for our family and when we looked to trade 3 months after paying full sticker price it is worth $23,000 and now currently in excellent condition one more month later our vehicle is worth $19,000. It does not have good pick up and the back 2 rows of seating are not very comfortable for an adult."

AWESOME VEHICLE WHEN THE WEATHER TURNS BAD

By on Thursday, May 1, 2014

Pros: "ONLY THIRD ROW SEATING VEHICLE JEEP EVER MADE"

Cons: "ROUGH ON GAS WITH THE 4.7 V8"

"ONLY JEEP VEHICLE MADE WITH THIRD ROW SEATING ROUGH IN THE GAS WALLET THOUGH, EASILY HOLDS THE ROAD AT 100 MPH PLUS, NOT LIKE AN H3 HUMMER WHICH IS ALL OVER THE ROAD"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Jeep Commander near Honolulu. See local deals