2014 Jeep Cherokee

7.2

Based on 167 Ratings for the 2014 - 2017 models.

7.4/10
    7.4/10
    7.6/10
    7.6/10

Love the car - hate going to the delership.

By on Friday, May 27, 2016

Pros: "Sporty but remains a Jeep."

Cons: "Too many visits to the dealership."

"Against my family and friends recommendation I purchased 2015 Cherokee. I moved from a Honda CRV with 250,000 mile on it. I have been surprised with the power delivered from the 4 cylinder and the ZF transmission. For a Jeep, it handles like a sports car. The interior is stunning and well executed. My biggest disappointments came from the many times I had to tale it back to the dealership for recalls and warranty repairs. None were very serious but all were aggravating. 4 recalls and 3 warranty issues in the first 6 months. As far as being a traditional Jeep, it handles snow and mud very well. I like the handling both on and off road. Overall, I remain positive about my choice."

Best vehicle I have ever owned bar none.

By on Thursday, October 6, 2016

Pros: "Take it for a test drive and see for yourself"

"My wife and i were looking for a 4 wheel drive SUV for our family of 4. Mother-in law bought a new RAV4 and we took it for a 'spin'. Not impressed. Then we test drove the Honda CRV and were left unimpressed. Next we found a lightly used (9k miles) 2015 Jeep Cherokee Latitude 4X4 a robust 6 cylinder with panoramic roof and fell in love with it after our very first test drive. We bought it in late Feb and it already has 21k miles on it without a hitch. Don't look to dealers to tell the truth about 4WD as they all tried telling us that AWD is the same thing."

I love this vehicle!!

By on Friday, March 18, 2016

Pros: "Comfortable, great safety features, great gas mpg"

Cons: "none so far"

"Would buy again in a heartbeat!! Best vehicle I have ever had. Great gas mileage, especially for a 4wheel drive. I would really cry if something happened to it! Easy to get in and out of, comfortable, great safety features-list goes on and on! Easy to get into 4 wheel drive that worked perfectly when I needed it. Just turn the dial to snow and off you go!!"

23K Update!

By on Friday, December 30, 2016

Pros: "Love our Cherokee!"

"I reviewed our 2015 Cherokee Latitude 4x4 V6 back in Oct so this is just an update. Our Cherokee now has 23k miles on it without any problems whatsoever. We bought it used (9K) last February and have taken it on many dirt roads (fishing, camping, etc., excursions), and are now in the midst of our 2nd winter (snow & ice) and we love its solidness and handling of all driving conditions, while enjoying the luxurious comfort and technology of the interior. We have consistently gotten between 22 – 24 MPG in overall driving and when we took a road trip from Reno to my brother’s house in Hesperia, CA, we were amazed with 30 - 31 MPG (almost all highway driving) both ways. My mother-in-law’s 2016 RAV4 is much noisier from road/wind/engine noise than our Jeep, and the RAV4 also has hard, cramped seating. All my 8 year old daughters friends love to ride in the jeep, and call it the “Robo-Car” because of all the high tech features such as ‘talking’ with the on-board computers female voiced assistant for everything from requesting a specific song to reading/composing emails, etc. We love our Jeep!"

Dont buy this - 3 Transmissions before 4k miles

By on Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Pros: "comfortable interior"

Cons: "Transmission and terrible company to deal with"

"I bought this car brand new and had to bring it back to the dealer with 1300 miles on it for transmission trouble. Over the course of the next 4 months 2 additional transmissions were put in before I reached 4k miles. I filed a lemon law suit 11 months ago and FCA is fighting with the attorneys and refusing to buy it back without making me pay for the miles driven on the car. It wouldn't have miles on it if they had taken it back when I filed the suit. I am being told not to drive it because I WILL OWE CHRYSLER MONEY if they decide to take the car back. This is the only car in my household! It is now worth $10k less than I owe due to carfax report - TERRIBLE - DO NOT BUY!!"