2014 Jeep Cherokee

7.2

Based on 171 Ratings for the 2014 - 2018 models.

7.4/10
    7.4/10
    7.6/10

Best vehicle I've owned!

By on Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Pros: "4x4 system, great to drive, it's a Jeep"

Cons: "price"

my Jeep the day Bought it

"I will have to say the driving and handling on the Jeep Cherokee is great its solid and responsive. The 9-speed transmission is great I have yet to have one issue from it and shifts so smoothly. The interior of the vehicle is top notch I have the black/Icelandic grey interior it's sharp and very well thought out. The uconnect system and touch screen are simple and easy to use and easily customizable with settings. I just have the base Sport model with 4x4, but I have taken the vehicle off-road and driving is some pretty bad weather and never once worried about getting stuck or losing traction, the 4x4 is the best. In all the Jeep Cherokee is a amazing vehicle with on road and off-road capability and I will be buying another Jeep in the future. I also have to say I love the way the Cherokee looks and I get compliments on it all the time people think its very sharp looking. If you're looking for a differently looking great quality AWD SUV with good gas mileage take a look at the Cherokee its differently a good choice."

my Jeep the day Bought it

2016 Cherokee Trailhawk V6

By on Friday, December 16, 2016

Pros: "comfort, ride, heated steering wheel"

2016 Cherokee Trailhawk v6

"Overall, super impressed with the Cherokee Trailhawk v6! With only 1k miles on it so far, I can't think of any cons. Its comfortable, stylish, drives great on and off road and has amazing technology options. Its heated seats and steering wheel, as well as the automatic starter come in handy in the winter/fall months in NY. I would 100 percent recommend the trailhawk v6! Get out and test drive it!"

2016 Cherokee Trailhawk v6

Probably the best car Ive ever owned.

By on Tuesday, June 20, 2017

Pros: "Fun to Drive, Muscular Stance"

Cons: "Snow Chains"

"2016 Trailhawk, V-6, Active Drive 2, Selec-Terrain System. Due to its wind-swept aerodynamics, this Jeep handles well in heavy winds. More importantly, I havent had the tranny issues noted in earlier-year Trailhawks. Gas mileage is 24.6 (highway) and 19 mpg (city). The Trailhawks unique Italian-inspired design and muscular stance is eye catching. Something to be aware of: snow chains are not recommended unless you downsize your tires. Apparently, space between the wheel wells and the original P245/66R17 tires is tight and chains may cause damage if the tires are not downsized."

LOVE it!

By on Saturday, May 20, 2017

"I am leasing my 2016 Cherokee Trailhawk edition. I absolutely love this vehicle. This vehicle dominates snowy road conditions. Except for needing to re-lubricate the sunroof seal I have not had one single issue with this vehicle. I get compliments all the time on it. No regrets with this choice."

Legendary Vehicle. Life saver.

By on Thursday, September 7, 2017

Pros: "Amazing capabilities"

"I recently just survived Hurricane Harvey in the Houston area flooding. I purchased my 2017 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk V6 in May. This past week, Houston was inundated with close to 50 inches of rainfall causing catastrophic flooding in many areas of the city. Luckily I had my Trailhawk. What this vehicle did was truly legendary. I was at a relatives house in a neighborhood where the water rose to 2.5-3ft deep in the streets, and the water was still rising. In the household we had 4 babies and 2 medically compromised senior citizens in addition to several other adults. One senior is on dialysis 3x weekly and the other is completely unable to walk and is on a wheel chair. We decided to evacuate the neighborhood due to the rising water levels. Their was no help from any city or county ordinances, we basically had to fend for ourselves. I had my Jeep Cherokee fully loaded with passengers and cargo and 2 other vehicles in our convoy, a Nissan Armada, and a Tahoe (neighbors wanted to evacuate with us who had young children with them). I first scouted out the best exit points measuring water depths. We started the evac, my Trailhawk in the lead. The vehicle easily forded through 2.5 to 3ft of water, with no water entering the cabin and handling it all like a champ. In one part we had to off road into a muddy area, the trailhawks 4wd system easily made it through. Unfortunately, the Nissan got stuck in the mud, at a slant with the medically compromised seniors in that vehicle. I luckily had a recovery strap in my vehicle and a nice man close by in the flooded streets loaned me a second strap to get more length. With both recovery straps connected, I hooked the strap from the Nissan to my Trailhawks recovery hook, I put the Cherokee in 4LO and locked the rear differential, and pulled that 6000lb plus fully loaded Armada out of the mud with my little Trailhawk. Once getting the convoy back on track, my Cherokee led the way through devastatingly flooded suburban streets until making it to an area of higher ground and access to the highway system to get to a safe place for the young children and to get the medically compromised people to help. All I can say is that this vehicle is one of the best I have had over the past 20 years of driving. It has excellent handling on the highway, the 271hp V6 has plenty of power and the seats are exceptionally comfortable. The interior components are of high quality and the vehicle is just built solidly. The 4 wheel drive system is amazing, especially having the locking rear differential. I got a great deal when I purchased this vehicle new. There is no other vehicle in its class that can compare. It is great on the highway and excellent off road. I can fit my 1 year olds car seat comfortably in the back and the suspension is excellent for an off road based vehicle. With the roof rails already installed from the factory, I added a Yakima load warrior, where I can put extra cargo and carry extra fuel jerry cans for any situation. I highly recommend this vehicle, because it truly saved a lot of lives that day. Truly legendary, only in a Jeep, kudos to Fiat Chrysler for building an exceptional vehicle that proved itself in a dire situation."