2014 Jeep Cherokee Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $22,022 - $22,729.

10/7.4

7.1

Based on 88 Ratings for the 2014 - 2015 models.

7.5/10
    7.2/10
    7.5/10
    7.4/10

Mediocre car with unbearably bad transmission.

By on Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Pros: "Good fuel economy, handles OK"

Cons: "Everything else. Worst car I've ever owned."

"I'll start with the good: Once it actually starts delivering power the 3.2 V6 has adequate power and returns good fuel mileage. The ride is quiet and I guess as close to serene as can be expected on-road. The 120v power outlet is nice. Now the bad: Throttle response is all over the place. It's impossible to drive this car smoothly because the throttle's behavior changes all the time based on whatever software decides, so you can't drive this car smoothly or with finesse. A quarter inch of foot movement might mean gentle acceleration one moment but then the same quarter inch of foot movement might mean vigorous acceleration another time because the car's software decided to react differently. That would almost be tolerable, except the 9 speed transmission is a joke. For one thing 9th gear isn't even possible below 80mph. But more crucially, the transmission doesn't shift like normal automatics, there are a couple shifts where you have absolutely no power for two or more seconds while it makes up its mind on what it's going to do. This is infuriating and unsafe. Even if I loved the rest of this vehicle, I would loathe it for the transmission. The car has a ton of "Features" but they're imbecilic, like a huge glass roof (the whole roof) with a roof rack above it? What's the point of that I can't put cargo on the glass and if I put a basket over the glass I can't see out so what is the point of the glass? It's stupid. I can start the car from the internet 1000 miles away... but what good does that do? That's ridiculous. I would rather if the car just had a transmission that didn't make me want to kill myself."

the complete CUV under $35,000

By on Thursday, March 12, 2015

Pros: "Quite interior confortable seating great handleing"

Cons: "small back"

"First get the V6. The Cherokee is a heavy vehicle it needs the bigger engine. You will sacrifice a couple MPG's but it is worth it. The interior is well appointed and quite. Great handling on the road and with the 9 speed highway driving is a breeze and off road well it's jeep. If you really go off roading then go with active drive 2 otherwise active drive 1 will do the trick for snow or driving on the beach. The only real competitors I found were thousands of dollars more. This a really value play in my opinion for what you get. For around additional $2000 you can a lifetime warranty which I recommend because the Cherokee is computer on wheels"

One is not enough

By on Tuesday, April 01, 2014

Pros: "Many"

Cons: "Few...maybe none"

"Bought a FWD Limited last November , my wife drove it through one of the worst winters in Chicago with no problems. She loves it. I love it so much I bought a 4x4 Latiude for myself. I pick it up tomorrow, my 4th Jeep"

An amazing suv

By on Sunday, March 23, 2014

I own this car

Pros: "solid vehicle, strong and fast v-6"

Cons: "none so far"

"I purchased my 2014 Cherokee limited 4x4 with the v-6 and love it. All the features are great and the heated seats are perfect for my ailing back. I find myself finding reasons to drive it because it's so nice. This is absolutely the nicest vehicle I've owned and being close to retirement I'm looking forward to day trips."

Outstanding SUV

By on Saturday, January 25, 2014

Pros: "Nice vehicle"

Cons: "No spare tire."

"Just completed a 3500 mile road trip no problems, very comfortable ride. I have the Technology package with the Adaptive Cruise Control which is outstanding. I averaged 33.2 MPG with the 6 cyl according to the trip computer. Used the cruise control 99 % of the time. The Uconnect is very easy to use. I traded in a 2013 Chevy Equinox. The Cherokee is much more comfortable."