2001 Jeep Cherokee

Based on 861 Ratings for the 1997 - 2001 models.

Legendary Vehicle!!!!

By on Sunday, December 16, 2007

"Overall best Jeep of the 2001 vehicles. No other suv came close to competing with the 2001 Jeep Cherokee Classic."

Great buy

By on Thursday, December 6, 2007

"I bought my jeep new in summer of 1998 and have put 221984 miles as of 12-1-2007. I have had very few problems that would be expected for a vehicle with this many miles. It is not the roomest suv on the road but I am still getting around 21 miles mpg. This motor is one of the best evermade and it is a shame that the new jeeps do not come with the 4.0."

I Hate Jeep!!!

By on Tuesday, November 13, 2007

"I can't believe they discontinued the Jeep Cherokee. I would buy another one again and again for the rest of my life if they were available. This has been the best vehicle I've ever owned and I've owned quite a few. 161000 miles in 7 years without any problems. I just need a little more cargo space now so have to upgrade."

All Time Best SUV

By on Thursday, October 11, 2007

"Bought a 1999 used at great bargain price of $8000 in 2001. After intensive research on a reliable, low maintenance 4x4, the Jeep Cherokee Sport 4x4 was the top choice. It has never had any major problems, just minor normal maintenance. When something needed fixing, parts were cheap and plentiful. And you can do all the repairs yourself, since there's tons of room under the hood. You don't even need to raise the Cherokee to slide under it, since it has a healthy ground clearance. Great in all weather, even the most foul blizzards! A real winner as far as a basic do-it-all runabout, cargo hauler, and off-roader. It's compact size makes it the perfect city car too! I parallel parked the Cherokee in the smallest parking spaces in Chicago; believe me, I've not had a single problem finding street parking in the Wrigleyville area where I live."

Can't beat the 4 wheel drive

By on Tuesday, October 9, 2007

"Extremely reliable!! About the best 4 wheel drive made. Has just about the same tow rating as a truck. The I6 4.0L 242ci motor already has a good reputation for being a long lasting motor. Plenty of power faster than most all trucks in accel. Beats all trucks in top end. Tops out at 120ish not a lot of power up there though. This vehicle also has a transmission that Toyota made for them along with a Toyota like front end and telescope drive shafts. Also comes stock with better lockers than any truck I know of. I get low 20's mpg on highway. I love my Jeep."

By on Friday, July 6, 2007

"I NEVER HAD ANY PROBLEMS WITH MY 2001 JEEP CHEROKEE. IT WAS RELAIBLE AND NEVER BROKE DOWN, EVEN WITH 140,000 MILES ON IT. IT EVEN SAVED MY LIFE IN A RECENT MOTOR VEHICLE ACCIDENT. THIS IS A STURDY, RELIABLE CAR AND WOULD RECOMMEND THIS CAR."

16 years and still going

By on Thursday, June 12, 2014

"Love my Jeep! Reliable, fun, classic Jeep look. Original alternator finally quit in year 14 of ownership. At this stage, requires some TLC, but has some years left if you have a good mechanic to help. Not great on fuel, but engine still going strong."

Awesome vehicle

By on Friday, April 11, 2014

Pros: "Extremely reliable and off-road capable stock"

"This is my second Jeep and I love it! They are extreamly reliable, good on gas, have lots of space for transporting people or things, and just awesome in general."

I will miss her

By on Sunday, February 2, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, great clearance, tough as I am,"

Cons: "Grieving my loss can't think of any cons"

Not a scratch on me

"I was looking for something that would get me off the ground so I could see over weeds at intersection but not so high I would have trouble getting in. She was perfect, though only rear wheel drive she did great in most conditions. Only tricky thing was traction while up hill if no momentum. Today I hit a patch of us while accelerating up hill and I fish tailed, wobbled and eventually hit the ditch that sent me end over end. What remains of my girl looks like major injuries should have occurred...nothing. The back end is in the back seat the hood crunched but the cab is fine and so am I. I had planned on keeping her forever. I was comfortable driving her at only 5' and was able to see, my 5'9" husband was also comfortable and not squished in."

Not a scratch on me

I love my jeep!

By on Sunday, August 4, 2013

Pros: "dependability"

Cons: "low gas mieage"

"Purchased it in 2010 with 204,000 miles on it for $1900. It has been the most reliable and dependable car that I have ever owned. The interior is all intact, nothing falling off or broken. The engine is sound and strong ( full synthetic oil ) is well worth the extra expense. This car still looks like new and runs like new too. I will reach 300,000 miles by the end of the year and will be driving it till it drops. if that's even possible."