2001 Jeep Cherokee

Based on 859 Ratings for the 1997 - 2001 models.

Has been a good, reliable friend for 15 years.

By on Sunday, November 25, 2012

Pros: "Reliability, value, convenience"

Cons: "Getting into the back seat for passengers"

Bought to haul big dogs. Now hauls an ankle biter.

"As a single woman, I need a reliable vehicle that I can trust to get me home, even on snowy roads. Big Red has been extremely reliable and a great value. I've kept it maintained and don't treat it badly, so it looks & runs like it's brand new. I had sports cars before so I have never been bothered by the somewhat stiff ride. I've never kept a car this long but since the design changed on the new Jeeps (which I don't like), I plan to keep it because it's so handy to have when one has just one vehicle. Besides by now, it would be emotional to get rid of such a loyal friend."

Bought to haul big dogs. Now hauls an ankle biter.

Most reliable vehicle that I have ever owned

By on Friday, June 15, 2012

Pros: "great handling.. i live in the desert of AZ...perf"

Cons: "speakers got scratchy after awhile"

"I am the original owner, 195,000 miles later it is running very strong. Minimal repair or problems. Replaced clutch at 130k. other than tires and regular oil changes, no problems. I just bought a new Jeep Grand Cherokee/ overlander..love that too. I guess Jeep just became part of me"

Very dependable

By on Wednesday, March 26, 2008

"I've left it out in freezing weather all week and it would start right up. The ride can be rough at higher expressway speeds. Some minor problems with the electronic mirror control and the speaker on the passenger side but the car is over 7 years old now."

30 years of Jeeps

By on Tuesday, January 8, 2008

"I have had them all, this year Cherokee or years close to it were in my opinion the best jeep ever made. I have owned all of them and have also owned other SUV but this one it both a true off road vehicle, great family hauler, third one I have owned and driven well over 200k, even with the lift kit and big tires I still get 20mpg while towing my boat. Worse mistake Daimler Chrysler ever made was discontinuing this model"

a workhorse

By on Wednesday, December 19, 2007

"this is a real workhorse' no problems-always ready to go recommend this to everyone great car a teenager/college kid gas mileage is better than expected"

Best value

By on Wednesday, August 29, 2007

"My 2nd Cherokee- first was an 88 Wagoneer LTD. Which I should have kept. Bought this 98 Sport used in 00 w/ 26K mi., and now have 180,000+ on it and it runs as strong as ever- maybe better. Did have to replace the rotors like everyone it seems, but very strong maintenance record otherwise. Needs a split rear seat, but still very functional and versatile. Towing and offroading no problem. Look for the full time/part time tranny feature if you can find it- great for mixed road conditions (like an AWD system). Do yourself a favor and spend $60 for a K&N high flow air filter- improves throttle response, horsepower and mileage. Also added a stiffer rear leaf spring to keep rear from sagging when loaded- about $150 very well spent. Simply awesome vehicle for the money. Not fancy- but she runs and runs and runs...."

Solid engine and transmission.

By on Monday, December 26, 2016

Pros: "Great second car"

Cons: "needs a new headliner"

Black with Smoke grey interior.

"Replaced many parts voluntarily over the years to keep it running great for my sons. Leaf springs, shocks, air conditioneer, starter, gas pump, cleaned out gas tank, break and gas lines. Engine and transmission are in great shape and oare original, never an issue. Interior header and rug a bit worn."

Black with Smoke grey interior.

very good suv,small,parks easy

By on Saturday, August 17, 2013

Pros: "starts up every time,gets 26mpg on highway,"

Cons: "back seat area is small,hard to get in"

"great vehicle,as im a dodge tech its a mopar,6cly.great engine,has asian trans,should last 3-4 hundred thousand miles,ice cold air,has custom camoflage head liner,overhead console and visors,howeer im read for a grand cherokee,im big person,cant seem to find a buyer,,,"

hade it for 15 years not a problom

By on Friday, April 26, 2013

Pros: "everything"

Cons: "not the best mpg 15/20"

"amazing quality 15 years not one problom and mpg is 15/20 outstanding better than the land rover rang rover"

This Jeep is Bulletproof.

By on Friday, January 11, 2013

Pros: "A head turner. Fun to drive."

Cons: "20 mpg, but who cares--it can go anywhere!"

"I purchased my Jeep three years ago from a lady that used it just to go shopping, etc. It had never been abused. The interior looks new and the engine, transmission are tight. I needed a four wheel drive to haul my 17' boat to and from the boat ramp. The Jeep is so clean and I have received so many compliments on it I have decided to keep it for my Sunday driver. I take it to car shows and people love it. It is garaged, and I plan to keep this Jeep for a very long time."