2000 Jeep Cherokee

Based on 861 Ratings for the 1997 - 2001 models.

a workhorse

By on Wednesday, December 19, 2007

"this is a real workhorse' no problems-always ready to go recommend this to everyone great car a teenager/college kid gas mileage is better than expected"

very good suv,small,parks easy

By on Saturday, August 17, 2013

Pros: "starts up every time,gets 26mpg on highway,"

Cons: "back seat area is small,hard to get in"

"great vehicle,as im a dodge tech its a mopar,6cly.great engine,has asian trans,should last 3-4 hundred thousand miles,ice cold air,has custom camoflage head liner,overhead console and visors,howeer im read for a grand cherokee,im big person,cant seem to find a buyer,,,"

hade it for 15 years not a problom

By on Friday, April 26, 2013

Pros: "everything"

Cons: "not the best mpg 15/20"

"amazing quality 15 years not one problom and mpg is 15/20 outstanding better than the land rover rang rover"

This Jeep is Bulletproof.

By on Friday, January 11, 2013

Pros: "A head turner. Fun to drive."

Cons: "20 mpg, but who cares--it can go anywhere!"

"I purchased my Jeep three years ago from a lady that used it just to go shopping, etc. It had never been abused. The interior looks new and the engine, transmission are tight. I needed a four wheel drive to haul my 17' boat to and from the boat ramp. The Jeep is so clean and I have received so many compliments on it I have decided to keep it for my Sunday driver. I take it to car shows and people love it. It is garaged, and I plan to keep this Jeep for a very long time."

Reliable but Expensive.

By on Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Pros: "Lots of room, comfortable, 4x4 is a champ"

Cons: "horrible on gas"

"Great vehicle, would trust it to go anywhere, just horrible on gas. I get around 15mpg in town and anywhere from 13 to 18 hwy. Just depends on how fast I'm going. Parts are pretty expensive for it, but on the other hand I've never had to do many repairs."

Great all around vehicle!

By on Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Pros: "Go anywhere vehicle!"

Cons: "Gas mileage and tight back seats."

"Bought this car with just under 75,000 miles a year and a half ago. I have had no problems what so ever. Great off-road and not to shabby on. Not the best gas mileage but what can you expect for a 98 4.0L straight six (which is pretty much bullet proof). Very torquey and pretty good hauling power. Back seats are kinda tight for adults. Great for outdoor adventures and just as fun to take to the store. Wish there was more aftermarket options, like the wranglers."

good stuff

By on Sunday, February 24, 2008

"'98 jeep cherokee sport has been in my family for 10 years now and it's only got a few mechanical issues. no major engine problems have ever occurred. it's a great car. gas mileage could be better, but it is an SUV."

Overall Great Vehicle

By on Tuesday, January 22, 2008

"I just sold my 1997 Jeep Cherokee Sport. Overall, this has definately been my favorite car. Super fun to drive, especially to play around in the snow! I bought it when it had about 74K miles. By the time I sold it, it had well over 115K miles. I did put a 3 inch lift on it which made the ride very bumpy. The oversized tires didn't help much either but it did look awesome! My only complaints were that it tended to overheat when pulling something, especially driving through the mountians of PA. I also had a bad problem with the rust. I waxed it at least every other month but the rust was ridiculous! The only reason I sold it was because I moved to FL and no longer needed a 4x4. Needed to get something a little better on gas too. I got about 15 16 mpg. I also had a small plow installed on the front. It did a great job pushing snow for a little SUV. I do recommend a lift if you are planning to do this. The front saggs alot with the weight of the plow. I actually put springs from a F150 on the front which kept it up in the air, even with the weight of the plow. Definately made the ride ruff though. If you are thinking about buying one, I would highly recommend it. It was always reliable and like I said, it was a blast to drive. It has decent power and was pretty comfortable before the lift kit and big tires. Good luck!"

great vehicle

By on Friday, December 21, 2007

"we bought this car used with around 76k on it and now almost 5 yrs later has about double that. We have had no major mechanical problems, even though this vehicle has been rear-ended twice. I love it is plenty big enough for a family of 4 and you can squeeze a family of 5 in Jennifer"

Utility

By on Tuesday, December 18, 2007

"The Jeep Cherokee is a terrific piece of machinery. It has graceful road manors, and can carry a lot of gear off road. It gets decent gas mileage, and is good on the highway. The only thing it does not do as well as my wrangler is short turns, but this is a compromise that has to be made for good highway performance and capacity that comes with an extended wheel base."