1996 Jeep Cherokee

Based on 580 Ratings for the 1992 - 1996 models.

great car

By on Friday, July 22, 2016

"Bought this Jeep 2005 with 200k mile on it from a dealership manager who did do know how great this car was. I am a mechanic/ not by profession but i knew i could fix it up. Replaced a few parts every now and then and drove it for the last 100k plus. still runs like a charm. Does have a tendency to run hot in the summer in Vegas. 210/220 but as long as i do not try and go over the mountain range ( in Summer) all is fine. Love the Vehicle and retired now."

Best vehicle ever

By on Saturday, August 13, 2011

"I bought this jeep brand new. It was our first family suv. We have kept it for so many years because it is a great vehicle. I have not done any major work to engine or transmission. This vehicle had been everywhere. From Mazatlan Mexico to Vancoveer Canada to East Coast and back to Calif. I would recommend this vehicle to anybody looking for a reliable car."

Love my jeep

By on Thursday, August 22, 2013

Pros: "Purchased mine for $800 and its still running"

Cons: "None of my gauges work- eh NBD"

"I have had a few fuel delivery issues but other than that suprisingly NO OVERHEATING issues- Rear main seal leak is a give in. DOES NOT SMOKE. I have launched our 16.5" boat at pineview reservoir and into rivers 2 years straight 3+ days a week and never had an issue. It does have hood spacers on it which help with the temp I am sure. 4-wheel drive used 2x living in northern utah that is surprising. Very evenly weighted- Good looking all around amazing vehicle. I would purchase this specific jeep for a child of mine if i had any. Amazing how many people trash talk it and how often they break down- any time i had an issue a little starter fluid and the issue was fixed."

205K

By on Monday, August 31, 2009

"Best car I have ever owned. I bought it with 70K on it and it is still running strong 135000 miles later at 205K. I have put highway miles, city miles, off road miles, and boat towing miles on it. It has never missed a beat. I loved having the 5spd manual. I really think it improved the gas mileage over the automatic."

Fantastic little SUV

By on Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Pros: "Strong and reliable."

Cons: "Cheap interiors, paint"

"My Jeep is a bare-bones 2-door sport. Other than the interior being worn, it is a great vehicle. The in-line 4.0L 6-cylinder engines run forever as long as you keep the oil changed and coolant flushed on a regular basis. Great car for having 225,000 miles! The only negatives are the interiors are really cheap so wear quite quickly. The polyurethane decomposed to the point where the paint becomes heavily oxidized. If you find one in reasonably good shape and keep it maintained, it will last a very long time."